• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HEROES: Volume 4 (Season 3.5)

Sindatur

Regular
Anyone still watching? I have hope, but, there was still some dumb stuff

Nathan's change? We're supposed to accept the reset, but, really, Nathan's change at the end of Volume 3, still doesn't feel quite right.
Peter needs to stop taking hugs from family members bent on World domination.
Tracy spoke to the Gov, but, we didn't get to see Bruce Boxleitner, hopefully we'll see him sometimes
Matt's a full fledged painter/prophet now? I never understood where that came from at the end of Volume 3, is everyone capable of adopting powers if they flex their power enough
Peter has to touch who he's taking power from now? I kinda like the flash indicating he received a power though
What was the point of Peter fighting so hard to stay in the plane? Since he can fly, wouldn't it be safer to fly out, than to hang on for the crash?

I hadn't deleted the series from my DVR, so it recorded the new ep. I'm almost tempted to watch just to see how they "reset" it. But I'll wait to hear the buzz to see if it's worth it perhaps.

re: Peter

The episode made it look like Peter is now Rouge'ish in power. That his touch borrows the power, where it only last so long (why he didn't say much to his brother about his current powers) and that he can only control one at a time. (why he didn't want to fall out)

Notice that when he was strong, he was fighting easily, but when he touch ice lady, he started to get biffed by the guard ...

Personally, I think it is a good change to his character, makes me less god like, and dues-ex-ish. Be interesting if they keep time traveling out of it though, that is one good sign so far, none of that! It is almost like the writers realized how dumb that was and removed all power related to that. Prophets, that doesn't bug me as it isn't set in stone and still leaves details to be filled in.

In general, better ... but still more episodes to see if it gets back on track. Why do I still watch ... morbid curiosity I guess ...

I almost gave up on it, but I decided to watch the last episode. I am starting to have a little more faith in this. A few things I agree with Snockit on...

1. Peter less godly. Good move.
2. I also don't mind prophets, though they have a bad habit of dying on the show and I like Parkman.

I don't mind time travel and I prefer Hiro with powers than Hiro without. He was the soft-spoken guy who was one of the few who actually would have been honorable with his powers. I'd be ok with him just being able to move space/time in the present (i.e. stopping time,) but I wouldn't miss him being able to go to the past or the future. I also liked his teleporting ability. Hiro is one off my frustrating gripes. I want him to be a damn hero with powers and they keep dragging this crap out. Grrr.

Nathan's switch? I think he's Papa Petrelli somehow inside of Nathan's body. The whole hug thing was another clue on that.

I'm sick to f*ing death of the whole Mr. Bennett / Claire drama. I HATE YOU DAD. I love you Dad. I hate you, omg you're a monster. Ok, I forgive you. Love you again! Hate you now. The writers need to GET OFF THIS MERRY-Go-ROUND. The best episodes of season 1 involved Mr. Bennett's love with Claire and their growing bond. Whoever decided to keep messing with that aspect needs to be kicked in the junk repeatedly and maybe they would understand what this back and forth stuff is doing to the fans.

Anyway, griping aside...

Ando is awesome as always.

Love me some speedster girl.

Mama Petrelli, liked her better when she showed some more compassion.

Sylar. Too powerful for tranq-darts apparently. Prefer to see him in the shades of gray rather than black/white type stuff.

That is all for now. I'm into it so far, but it's almost like I had to erase the entire last half of the current season and all of season 2. The only thing I'm really missing and longing for is some Mama firestarter. I hope she survived somehow. She rocks.

Sylar is now the only God-like character left. He has Claire's healing power, which is probably why he can't be taken down with a tranquilizer. I don't think they showed Claire get captured - they probably just forced her to go.

As annoying as Claire has been through her many arcs, her reactions to her father are natural and explainable. Bennett has never changed. He was Company man and he still finds the "heroes" to be a threat. That is the aspect of his job he has always believed in. However, he has broken rules several times with regards to Claire, and he has formed temporary alliances in order to do the greater good, by his definition. Claire's problem has always been that she is a dumb teenager, and simply can't wrap her head around the complex moral code Bennett works under. So Claire, who sees everything in black and white, cries tears of joy when her dad helps her or saves a friend out of expediency, but then goes on the hate rant every time he's not doing something she likes.

You know, it's like when a Dad works two jobs for twenty years so that his family can be secure and comfortable and his children can get the benefits of a good education, and then the kids are like, "You were always working. You were never there for me." They have a hard time putting the world in a context that doesn't revolve around them.

Hiro - man oh man, how far you've fallen. It used to be cute, but now it's tedious. All the bad decisions, all the mistakes, no power, the LAIR? Ugh. How is he ever going to become cool Future Hiro at this point? I don't think the writers know.

By the way, this episode was written before they fired two of the head writers and brought back Bryan Fuller, so we'll have to see where it goes.

Last edited:
Since I don't care about spoilers I'm following the thread. I have the ep on my DVR but haven't watched it. Looks like you guys aren't yet ready to render a verdict on whether this thing is worth going on with?

Tonight is TV night for me- busy upcoming weekend so I'm chilling at home with digs from my favorite reasonably-priced sushi joint, Lost, The Office, Friday Night Lights and Battlestar. Dunno if I'll had Heroes to the list.

Since I don't care about spoilers I'm following the thread. I have the ep on my DVR but haven't watched it. Looks like you guys aren't yet ready to render a verdict on whether this thing is worth going on with?

Tonight is TV night for me- busy upcoming weekend so I'm chilling at home with digs from my favorite reasonably-priced sushi joint, Lost, The Office, Friday Night Lights and Battlestar. Dunno if I'll had Heroes to the list.

I still watch 24, so I'm probably not one to render judgment. Once I start watching a show, I tend to stick with it. I tend to avoid new shows because I don't want to admit that I watch too much television. I have tried and failed to watch BSG. After initial avoidance, I did start to watch Journeyman, only to see it get yanked. Similarly, I am avoiding Life on Mars, Fringe, and all the other pseudo-sci-fi-arc-mystery shows that have populated the airwaves in the wake of LOST.

If I was to get myself back in the gym and start working out again, I could do without 24, Heroes and House, but I MUST follow LOST through to it's ultimate conclusion, come what may. And since LOST will only take up sixteen or seventeen hours of each of the next few years, it ain't a hard schedule to keep.

And since LOST will only take up sixteen or seventeen hours of each of the next few years, it ain't a hard schedule to keep.

Just this year and next, actually. And they should be the most proficient hours of your investment, since there is so little time left (28 episodes we're down to now)

Just this year and next, actually. And they should be the most proficient hours of your investment, since there is so little time left (28 episodes we're down to now)

I just read and confirmed what you wrote. I thought we were getting 2 years of 17 and a final year of 16. I thought we were getting 7 seasons. How'd I do that?

Last edited:
I still watch 24, so I'm probably not one to render judgment. Once I start watching a show, I tend to stick with it. I tend to avoid new shows because I don't want to admit that I watch too much television. I have tried and failed to watch BSG. After initial avoidance, I did start to watch Journeyman, only to see it get yanked. Similarly, I am avoiding Life on Mars, Fringe, and all the other pseudo-sci-fi-arc-mystery shows that have populated the airwaves in the wake of LOST.

If I was to get myself back in the gym and start working out again, I could do without 24, Heroes and House, but I MUST follow LOST through to it's ultimate conclusion, come what may. And since LOST will only take up sixteen or seventeen hours of each of the next few years, it ain't a hard schedule to keep.

I have gotten back to the gym, but I go in the morning, so I lose no TV or other recreation time :)

As I wrote in the Lost thread, I actually still enjoy that one so I'll gladly see it through to the end. 24 I quit a while ago. I'm like you and I can't stop once I start, but my repulsion with that show was not just in terms of entertainment quality but also moral and political, making it very easy to stop watching.

Heroes is a very stupid show, but there's something irresistible about it as well. It's almost like watching the later Trek series- what nonsense will they come up with next?

I am very sad to see the whole angsty Clair vs her dad thing pop up again. I agree those scenes are amongst the most painful. The Patrellis have been annoying as well, but I like the actress that plays Mrs Patrelli a lot and the dad has the potential to be the best character.

Also odd to hear that Parkman, my favorite, is now a prophet, and that powers seem to be shifting around. Are they at least explaining it well?

Technically, there wasn't a Claire outburst on this episode but she should be railing against her Dad next week.

Parkman was an okay character back in Season 1, but now he's just a dough-faced guy with little to do except talk to a dead African guy who, even in death, loves the Universal Studios t-shirt.

The important thing, as done in Season 1, was to move the drama toward a climax (writing 101, right?) but after last seasons gang-bang rape of the timeline and wholesale slaughter of characters and character acrs, I don't know what the real future is anymore, don't know what these characters want, and can't imagine what kind of foolishness could be next. Hey, let's save the world... again.

Last edited:
I just read and confirmed what you wrote. I thought we were getting 2 years of 17 and a final year of 16. I thought we were getting 7 seasons. How'd I do that?

Maybe you started with the wrong year? After S3, we were told 3 more years of 16 eps, straight through. S4, actually got gypped a couple eps, due to the writer's strike. And of course, there may be 2 or 3 hour Season finales this year and/or next.

Ah...S7, the Zombie season, LOL ;)

Also odd to hear that Parkman, my favorite, is now a prophet, and that powers seem to be shifting around. Are they at least explaining it well?
Parkman as a Prophet actually started at the end of Volume 3, connected to the "African Isaac" painter/prophet. I don't remember exactly how/why, but, maybe connected to his dung paste?

Maybe you started with the wrong year? After S3, we were told 3 more years of 16 eps, straight through. S4, actually got gypped a couple eps, due to the writer's strike. And of course, there may be 2 or 3 hour Season finales this year and/or next.

Ah...S7, the Zombie season, LOL ;)

I've been known to lose a year from time to time. The fact that we're a year closer is actually very exciting.

Obama needs to get off the damn TV... Press Conference at 8 o clock on Monday night. What a &%$#hole.

The week before last, I got through half an episode. Just got bored and didn't finish. I'm so tempted to drop it, but I feel like I've invested something of myself into it. Grrr.

We're watching 24, so we keep forgetting Heroes is even on. My cable channel was putting Heroes on the "On Demand" list so I was able to watch the first two new episodes the day after they originally aired, but now at the third week, the new ep isn't listed, so this may be the end of Heroes for me.

I really wish those writers were still on strike because they suck. They're destroying the show.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back