• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

'Revenge of the Sith' reviews (Spoilers)

Re: \'Revenge of the Sith\' reviews (Spoilers)

Well I am late to the party, finaly saw episode 3 yesterday after reading thru the thread. First Darth Plagerius and the possible creation of Anakin? They some what lay enough clues to draw the possibility wouldn't quite call it clear or definite i am sure their will be Extended univirse stuff that will cover this topic AD nausem, from who Plagerus is, to when where and how did Darth sidious turn sith, and probably even covering Darth Maul. <but other than star war geeks only time people will learn of this is from a geek or maybe looking at wikipedia when it comes out.>

The Death star construction i have a distinct feeling there was a time jump in there, cause it looked like a imperial star destoyer not a republicso had to assume their be a few years between retrofiting or rebuildinging and redesigining the original. And the Death Star mk2 have a feeling was built with what was salvaged from the first one. Think biggest thing with the first death star was just scrounging the raw materials to build it.

And now LOTR still one of the hold outs ont he connections between that and B5 at least the greater Mythology. Yeah the ranger as stated were the dundain of isidur line, who were also of Numeoror ,and they were also of ELVISH blood or at least a large quanity of them including Aragorn. So instead of the Rangers of LOTR having full bled elves they were part eleves. Now rangers still a bad comparision. Wlil say b5 takes a greyier look at it painting the shadows and vorlons of shades of grey while in lotr Sauron was painted as black (but also have to note pov, lotr from the lowly hobbit , dosen't even know what Gandalf truely is). Won't go any further than this said enough on this topic before.

In the Novelization Darth Plagueis was Sidious master. Acording the wiki they said plagueis died long before anakins birth but that can be speculation.

I was hoping for so much more from Episode III than what I ended up with. At the same time, it didn't do any worse than the last two, so I'll say it was enjoyable more or less. I think the 99.9% CG kinda killed the fun, though. Or the fact that seeing Vader be "born" was kinda cool, but the road leading up to that point throughout the movie wasn't very good.

Or maybe it's because I had just come out of seeing Batman Begins prior to this. Yes, I do believe that's a large part of it.

An irrelevant thought...

Was Anakin a virgin? Not knowing how intensive Jedi training is, I wonder if he had time to experience nooky during his training?

;)

Well, he had two kids, so he must've gotten some at some point.

Yes.

Anyways, has anyone else gotten the movie's soundtrack? It's awesome. I'm thinking of watching the movie listening to it some time. Just a weird idea.

Yes, I bought the soundtrack for RotS. I love it! I think it might be my favorite soundtrack of all six movies.

My favourite bit from the prequels is "Duel of the Fates" from TPM. Rots is okay.

I love Duel of the Fates, but I think I love Battle of the Heroes more.

Sindatur:
Well, he had two kids, so he must've gotten some at some point.

Actually, I meant, "was Anakin a virgin" when he and Padme were married. Although I noticed that there were female Jedi... :D

I love Duel of the Fates, but I think I love Battle of the Heroes more.

Hear hear. I thought they were gonna use Duel of the Fates for the final battle (and they did, briefly, which was cool), but the new theme is so much more suited. Also the entire soundtrack has a militaristic overtone... very fun.

Anyways, has anyone else gotten the movie's soundtrack? It's awesome. I'm thinking of watching the movie listening to it some time. Just a weird idea.

But the movie has the music in it. Why would you listen to it seperatly as well? I don't understand... Playing the music from the movie, while watching the movie with the music in it? :confused: :confused:

The soundtrack was alright, but to me it lacked in originality. Maybe thats what happens with the 6th movie in a series.

I thought there was plenty of originality in it. Scenes, for example Anakin meeting with Palpatine at the water ballet or the scene or Anakin in the Jedi Council room looking across the city at Padmé's appartment building and her looking across at the Jedi Temple right after Mace Windu and crew leave to go confront Palpatine, had music that I found very unexpected for a Star Wars movie. The emotion of the music that plays during Order 66 when Jedi are being assassinated and with Yoda sensing all of their deaths through the Force is very gripping, and it's one of my favorite musical moments in the film.

I agree, there were some good moments there. I guess what I ment was that most of the other star wars movies had a new very memorable theme. Episode 1 had duel of the fates, Episode 2 had Across the Stars (the "love" theme). The Empire Strikes back had the Imperial March. There was nothing like that in this movie, thats all I ment.

Well, there was a new theme, even if it ended up being unmemorable for you (nothing wrong with that, that was just your experience). It's called "Battle of the Heroes," and I think it's quite excellent. It's got a lot fun blasting brass, heavy choral singing, and some quite interesting time signature changes.

I'll buy the soundtrack if it's better assembled than the last one. EpII's soundtrack CD, it seemed, consisted mostly of "Across the Stars" in eighteen different variations. I like that theme, I do -- but I'm pretty sure there was other music in the movie and I kind of wish it had made it onto the CD as well.

Yeah, I think the soundtrack of EpIII is better than that of EpII.

But the movie has the music in it. Why would you listen to it seperatly as well? I don't understand... Playing the music from the movie, while watching the movie with the music in it? :confused: :confused:
Well, if (big IF) the soundtrack was still in synch with the movie then the net effect (if you muted the movie) would be to see the movie with *only* the music for sound ...... no dialog or sound effects.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Actually they are apparently releasing a DVD with just that- the music. Kind of a new shorter cut, I think. I'm not in the mood to browse the official site, but i'm pretty certain I read it there.

I checked the Ep III CD on amazon and it has two discs. The second one seems to be just individual themes. Does anyone have the CDs and what is the difference between them?

Latest posts

Members online

Back