• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

South Park: Still at the top of their game

Recoil

Regular
Did anyone catch South Park this week? It was one of the best one's I have seen in a VERY long time, and shows those guys can still be at the top of their game even after all this time.

The episode started with Cartman and Kenny trying to get one of those new Playstation Personal (PSP) at the toy store. At first I thought the show was going to be making fun of consumerism and how crazy people get when new hot products come out.

But I was wrong. They took the whole thing in the direction of the Terri Schiavo debate. Yep, thats right. They went there. And given how recent that debate is, I was really surprised they jumped on an episode covering this so quickly.

Needless to say, they nailed the whole thing as only South Park can.

If you missed it, catch it on Sunday, I believe they still re-run them.

It was great, hopefully the next episodes will be getting better as well. Great to see Satan again.

Boy, he's the king of hell, and he still can't find a decent boyfriend. Poor Satan.

I dunno, the episode was pretty funny, but the marker sniffing angel and the Keanu jokes got old fast.

"Basically you're Keanu Reeves."

"OMG this is even bigger than the battle at the end of the Lord of the Rings movie"

Classic.

It was easily the best of the season so far.

That wouldn't be hard though. The first episode this season sucked, and the last two were mediocre.

This one was good. They always do better with commentary type episodes that spoof something from real life. However, I still don't think it stacks up to some of the best ones of season 8.

Yeah, poor Timmy lol . Loved the conversation with Butters, he is my favourite character after Cartman. Infact, he is the antithesis of Cartman.

I gotta bow to the creators of South Park, the show has become a true homage to the innocence of childhood. The last episode is another great example.

That would be Jimmy. Timmy is the heavy metal singer in the wheelchair. ;)

Apparently, every handicapped person's name in South Park rhymes.

One thing really made the baseball episode:

"Well you're the best, arooound. Aint nobody gonna get you down."

It also rang a bit true for me because I umpired some little league in middle school to complete the community service requirement. I didn't have any trouble because I enjoyed being able to throw people out but I had to resque some other umps. You'd be amazed the difference between a kid's skills and their parent's belief that he's a surefire major leaguer.

I did like the the erection episode as well with Cyrano de Cartman. Jimmy sure has a poor taste in whores.

What about "Death of Eric Cartman"?

That was one of the most clever episodes ever.

"One of their best friends is dead... dead and still wondering the Earth a lost soul!" :LOL:

By the way was I the only one who started looking in the background for Mister Miagi when that song started playing?

Latest posts

Members online

Back