• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Robots

Fas

Regular
Just saw Robots tonight. It was fine movie, if you have the time be sure to go see it. Typical "If you have dreams, fight for them" stuff, mixed with some criticism for consumerism and shallow spending.

Great CGI too :)

Eh, I wasn't that impressed, but maybe that's just b/c my standards have been set uber-high by Pixar :)

Although yes, it was decent, at least for Dreamworks standards :)

--mcn

Eh, I wasn't that impressed, but maybe that's just b/c my standards have been set uber-high by Pixar

I feel the same way. Robots was still good, but Pixar films are always great.

The story was mostly okay but a little weird even considering the subject matter. My biggest problem was with the design of the robots. Hard to rationalize why, just not my taste.

Also, I think Pixar does better handling multiple supporting characters, making each one interesting and having them voiced by actors with really interesting, really distinctive voices that reflect the personalities of the characters.

The casting for Robots is less spectactular and seems to be more random. I think the best animated ensemble cast, in terms of both voices and character personalities, was in A Bug's Life.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back