• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anybody Got A Good Address For Warner Brothers?

KoshN

Super Moderator
I'm looking for a good address for the studio, the people who would be involved in any re-start of Crusade IF it were to happen (and I'm not saying that it will, or that it might, so don't read any "hope" into this request, K?).

The only letter I ever sent the studio got returned unopened (stamped "Return to Sender").

I'd just like to write them a positive letter, asking them to re-start Crusade. Yes, I know it most certainly will not work, will have zero effect, and that nobody above a entry-level grunt will ever read it (IF it gets read at all), but I want to write it and send it to them anyway. At least, I don't want to have it bounce off with "Return to Sender" stamped on the envelope.

Anybody got an address that's been good in the past? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What address did you send it to? And what department?

Mail addressed as follows:

Warner Bros. Domestic Television Production
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

should get through to somebody. As far as I know all mail for the sprawling Warner Bros. lot goes through a single mail room at 4000 Warner Blvd., and is then routed to the appropriate departments.

When did you send this letter? I do recall hearing about a lot of mail to various studios being returned unopened at the height of the anthrax scare last year. They simply stopped accepting stuff not delivered by courier or from known return addresses. I can only guess that sanity has since returned. I'm pretty sure I've sent letters to Warner Home Video since then without having them returned.

Regards,

Joe

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino: </font color>
What address did you send it to?
Warner Brothers
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

I tried to find a valid Zip+4 but there were too many choices, and they were all just labeled Warner Brothers (no dept. specific cues) in the USPS database.

And what department?

I think I just put "Attn. Babylon 5/Crusade" or something like that on the envelope, below the address. Can't find the letter right now (and I looked). I may have tossed it out.

4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

Aha! I should have gotten that from the logo screen they put after B5, Crusade and Brimstone. Sheesh! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

should get through to somebody. As far as I know all mail for the sprawling Warner Bros. lot goes through a single mail room at 4000 Warner Blvd., and is then routed to the appropriate departments.

I thought they were just ignoring/refusing B5 mail or something. Like "Oh, another 'fan' letter." /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ---> Automatic "Return to Sender."

When did you send this letter? I do recall hearing about a lot of mail to various studios being returned unopened at the height of the anthrax scare last year. They simply stopped accepting stuff not delivered by courier or from known return addresses. I can only guess that sanity has since returned. I'm pretty sure I've sent letters to Warner Home Video since then without having them returned.

Early 2000, IIRC. Blast it, I wish I could find that letter! I'll keep looking, but I'm an "Oscar Madison" and so my PC desk is super-cluttered with paperwork. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Have you ever gotten a reply from them? A reply of any kind?

Yes, I've received a couple of replies from them over the years. Since they no longer have shows called Babylon 5 or Crusade (and its been years since they did) the minimum wage kid who handled your letter probably had no clue which department should get the thing or even that it involved a TV Show. (He or she was probably in junior high in 1999, when Crusade briefly aired. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) No doubt your letter was sent it back after a check of current addresses in the studio directory failed to turn up a match.

No studio automatically returns fan mail, or at least didn't until the anthrax panic. But you have to realize that most of the fan mail they get isn't for shows that went out of prouduction four or five years ago. Such items would normally be forwarded to the production office of the show, or to their designated fan mail service. In B5's case the production company office shut down years ago and they cancelled their fan mail contract about six months later. So even if someone recognized the names of the shows, they would have had no one to send them on to. And yes, with just the show names on the envelope, they probably would assumed that it was fan mail for the defunct series, rather than something intended for the people in charge of producing series for Warner Bros. I doubt that something addressed to The Rockford Files at the same address would fare any better.

Or it could have been anthrax paranoia, if you sent it in early 2000. Like I said, I remember hearing about people getting letters they sent to Warner Home Video returned at some point for that reason. But I've certainly never had a letter returned to me unopened from them. (I did once have a letter sent back to me with a hand-written note on it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Regards,

Joe

Or it could have been anthrax paranoia, if you sent it in early 2000.

Am I missing something here Joe?

I was under the impression that the Anthrax stuff all blew off post 9/11, back of 2001 and beginning 2002. I know I am only a simple Brit, but I am certain I would remember reading about an earlier or ongoing Anthrax Mail scare - especially given the amount of time I spend surfing the BBC and other International news websites.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Am I missing something here Joe?

Really? You didn't hear about that?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All you missed is that fact that "2000" was a typo and should have been "2002" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to mail from Britain? I can't afford much right now, but you never know.

4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

One more question Joe:

Should the letter be addressed to just:

4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

...on the envelope, or should it also be to somebody's (or some specific department's) attention?

As far as I know all mail for the sprawling Warner Bros. lot goes through a single mail room at 4000 Warner Blvd., and is then routed to the appropriate departments.

So somebody in the mailroom has to read every piece of mail that's not specifically addressed to somebody in particular, and then forward it to the appropriate department?

Back