• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

About that Halloween contest...

Re: EUREKA!

748, very nice! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Crusade eh? That sounds interesting. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope others find it interesting too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I do hope that we'll get to see all the entries after the competition is decided. It will be interesting to see the variety of ideas people have come up with

Good, good... I finally have a story. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now I need to reduce 1216 words to 750 words.

I'm in. 601 words /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

At one point I was worried that I wouldn't get it up to 500. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm not going to enter the contest. Although I have some great ideas, I'm also busy as hell, and this week is going to be terrible work-wise. I've been trying to find a spare minute to write 750 words of Babylon 5 fanfiction, and I can't. I haven't even updated Redux lately. Aaaaaghhhh.

You guys have fun!

*siiiiigh*

Well, Channe. As the one most voted for as "ringer" I'd say you just made this contest more fun to observe! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Most everyone figured you were a ringer. So, with you bowing out, the RACE IS ON! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, there goes my biggest competition. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And that is meant as a compliment channe. You're a very good writer, and I don't know if I could come up with anything to beat you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You are going to get a compressed story.
But perhaps it is good, if I cannot tell everything literally.

Edit:

Finally, 615 words.
Plus, the story changed beyond recognition.
Whew... finally managed to send it. Going to sleep.

Although I have been a regular at the official B5 site for over a year now, and am very familiar with the posts of Joe D. I am new to this site. (I'm krenn67 over there).

I have no experience writing fan fic and am sorely out of practice writing fiction at all. But I couldn't resist the temptation when I saw the advert for a Halloween B5 fan fic contest. Not because I think I'll win (no chance) but for the excuse to write again.

I only hope my writing won't seem overly juvenile to more experienced writers. Also, I was writing on Word Pad, I have no Word Processing program at present and am unsure how long my story was. Sorry, but I'm too impatient to count a few hundred words myself. Hopefully it fell within the proper parameters. It seemed to be excepted w/o complaint.

Good luck to all and I hope we are afforded a chance to read all the stories, not just the winners. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't worry. Looking back, mine will be (without any doubt) the worst story submitted.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I have no experience writing fan fic and am sorely out of practice writing fiction at all. But I couldn't resist the temptation when I saw the advert for a Halloween B5 fan fic contest. Not because I think I'll win (no chance) but for the excuse to write again.

[/quote]

Antony is a wise one. He's bringing new people into the fold. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course. That's the best way to lure them in, isn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome aboard, Jim! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

No. It's a great way to lure in the writing-types, like Channe.

I'm not going to mention what Antony could put up for competition that would REALLY draw them in. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the welcome. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Today is the day the entries are due in the writing contest, isn't it? I am looking forward to seeing what Ant and Kribu pick out as the best and the runner-ups.

I never could think of an idea. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yes... I'll be reading through them all tonight. They filtered through about 1 every few days... now they're rolling in!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back