• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT Actual DISCUSSION Thread

The three Wallace and Grommit shorts feel like they are a whole movie, they are full of so much action. Each of those is only half an hour.

What! Really? Good grief! "The Wrong Trousers" is only half an hour?

See? We've got nothing to fear. A great story can be told very quickly indeed.

If TLT is half as good as the wrong trousers, then we are all going to be very happy. That film was superb.

Hmm you may be onto something there....

Technomage

Technotrousers

I am now inventing an entirely irreverent episode of B5 where the President of the Interstellar alliance is kidnapped by the Drakh Shadowtech that is designed in the form of clothing.

"Argh.... Galen it's the wrong trousers and they've gone wrong! HELP!"

Oh man they should do that... visualise B5 in Aardman format... it would be funny to see the character that way!.

Either that or... Camberwick Green. If they did it for Life on Mars they can do it for B5.

Oh i'm off on one.... long day!

Apparently, WB will be providing the Babylon Podcast folks with an early review copy of The Lost tales.
We will also be receiving a review release of “The Lost Tales” DVD, so we will be providing you with a full review of the film and the DVD contents. Don’t hate us… we’re doing this for you, our listeners!
They say "don't hate", but I can't help but feel a bit jealous. ;)

It seems the first of the promised TLT video blogs has just been released. You can find it here. Providing a look to the behind the scenes of the TLT Visual Effects at Atmosphere, it also features the first look to the new B5 CG in motion. It looks pretty darn amazing.

Note, discussion about this in the discussion thread. :)

COOL!! :beer:

Thanks for posting that. I loved the 'walk this way' moment.

Shabaz, that was so :cool: cool of you to post those links! :D It was fun to watch them!

Just a side note... I love Bruce Boxleitner, always have....and this is an observation NOT a criticism... :LOL: but that man needs a "script" sometimes. As he was talking, I wanted to :D"help" him, physically "pulling" the words out of his mouth for him! :LOL:He just was speaking sooo slowly....

:eek: :D He did look nice, though!

:D I was literally "hanging" on his every word!

And bottom line, :D it really doesn't matter how slowly, I mean how "dignified" and "deliberately" he speaks sometimes, :LOL: :eek: I just like staring at him!

Don't think of it as slow, think of it as deliberate and dignified, Boxie. ;)

From the clip, it looked "slow" to me, like he was soooo used to saying what other people wrote for him that when it came to coming up with something to convey his own thoughts, he was having quite a bit of trouble at times.

What Boxie said in his 12:27 post is exactly what I thought. Now Bruce is probably a super nice guy, and is excellent when he has a script to work from, but it appears that public speaking off-the-cuff is just not his thing. His wheels don't appear to turn fast enough.

I think you're reading too much into it, and my comment, which really was only intended as a joke. See the ;) smiley there?

I think you're reading too much into it, and my comment, which really was only intended as a joke. See the ;) smiley there?

Yeah. Mainly I was just trying to give my take on it, without any sarcasm or hinting that Bruce was stupid or something. I mean, I like the guy. He seems like a really nice guy. He's just not a quick thinker, ...doesn't possess a quick wit. He doesn't appear to be a slow, deliberate thinker 99.999% of the time when he's seen on TV, but that's when somebody else is writing his words.

:) Quite honestly, I actually think he's pretty quick. Do you remember the commentaries? I thought his remarks were very quick, witty, and insightful ...:D and that was all off-the-cuff.

:eek: :) I'm certain that it only felt that slow to me because I was so anxious to hear what he had to say that I wanted him to tell me :LOL: faster! :) Does that make sense?

I'm also considering that another possibility exists here: What if the last thing Joe said before rolling camera on this diary was, :LOL:"Don't give too much away!" ... :LOL:I think that would slow me up, too!

Btw, KoshN... I just checked and I'm pretty sure that :LOL:I'm a "her"! :eek: it's not pertinent, I know... but I just thought I'd mention it.;)

:) Quite honestly, I actually think he's pretty quick. Do you remember the commentaries? I thought his remarks were very quick, witty, and insightful ...:D and that was all off-the-cuff.

:eek: :) I'm certain that it only felt that slow to me because I was so anxious to hear what he had to say that I wanted him to tell me :LOL: faster! :) Does that make sense?

I'm also considering that another possibility exists here: What if the last thing Joe said before rolling camera on this diary was, :LOL:"Don't give too much away!" ... :LOL:I think that would slow me up, too!

It might also have something to do with the strength of my coffee (8 rounded measures of Eight O'Clock Colombian per 48 oz. pot), and that I was getting used to the speed at which JMS speaks.

Btw, KoshN... I just checked and I'm pretty sure that :LOL:I'm a "her"! :eek: it's not pertinent, I know... but I just thought I'd mention it.;)

Sorry, the gender of your avatar and username subconsciously threw me off.

Hi guys (and gals)

I really like Bruce, too..... it will be great to see him on the telly again!

Back in ~1999 i was lucky enough to meet him at a convention, and he spoke very eloquently and was "bright as a button" - this included answering spontaneous questions from the audience, and speaking in smaller groups.

He is a VERY handsome man, and two things that stood out were his gentle smile and strong-looking, beautiful hands.

metoo

Back