• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lyta's Eyes? (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

BYEVJZTS

Lyta\'s Eyes? (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

First off, i have put spoilers below (sort of) so if you haven't seen all seasons dont look any further :)

OK, hopefully nice quick one.....whats going on with Lyta's eyes? Sometimes they go black and sometimes they glow white. Now at first i thought it was obvious....Black for shadows, white for vorlons...but this doesnt make sense to me because they glow white when the Vorlons are speaking through her (eg thirdspace) and when her powers grow as the doomsday weapon....but why are they black when she is using her powers for everything else, eg. Scanning garibaldi on mars and getting through besters blocks and passing them on to Number 1 ;)

I never quite figured that part out..

Re: Lyta\'s Eyes? (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

I think it is something like to attack the Shadows Lyta was made compatible with them. So her eyes go black whenever she uses Shadow attack powers. Bypassing a block sounds like an attack.

If you notice, when Lyta's eyes turn black (except in "Into the fire") she also bleeds from the eyes. I always thought the black eyes were purely a physical manifestiation of her power when she's really pushing herself beyond her normal limits, straining so hard that she's bursting blood vessels and probably flirting with a stroke. The glowing eyes are a manifestation of the "vorlon within", both the changes they have made in her, and the programming they've left behind.

Regards,

Joe

I would agree with this.As I suffer from a eye sickness(Graves,cool name huh)I am more than aware of how much my eyes can change depending on mood,tiredness,intoxication ect.Now as Lyta was changed by the Vorlons there is no saying what chemicals ect are released when she fully summons her telepathic powers.

The white eyes are simply a physical manifestation of what the Vorlons left inside her.Whenever that Vorlon presence comes to the fore it shows through her eyes.

Back