• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Any Battle Scene

angelus214

Does anyone know of any episodes that carry large scale cgi battle scenes. I have all the movies but im trying to find out which dvd/vhs episodes to buy that contain such scenes as I have a vested interest in the technology to create them and i just like a good slug fest

thanx

This isn't a comprehensive list since I'm bound to have forgotten some:

In the first season, aside from a brief sequence in 'Chrysalis', the only battles of any scale are in 'And the Sky Full of Stars' and 'Signs and Portents' (although they pale in comparison to the later stuff), a mini-engagement in 'Midnight on the Firing Line', and some action in 'A Voice in the Wilderness Part 2'.

In Season 2, there are brief Narn-Centauri battles in 'And Now for A Word' and at the start of 'Acts of Sacrifice', and a fairly long Narn-Shadow engagement in 'The Long Twilight Struggle'. Then there's a brief engagement between B5 and a Centauri cruiser in 'The Fall of Night'. But I wouldn't describe any of these as large scale battles.

The first really big Engagements come in Season 3. There's a White-Star vs Shadow Vessel dogfight in 'Messages from Earth' and then a serious, full on, epic battle in 'Severed Dreams' (this is probably the place to start). One of the most stunning battles of the whole series comes in Shadow Dancing, although it's choppily edited (that's what fast-forward is for).

In Season 4, it's space battles pretty much all the way, intercut through many episodes, especially towards the end. The biggest are in 'Into the Fire', 'Lines of Communication', 'No Surrender, No Retreat',and 'Endgame'.

Season 5 was disappointing - it has only one battle, in 'A View From the Gallery', and a few limited engagements in other episodes, though 'the Ragged Edge' is a CGI-fest of a different kind.

Then Crusade has a few - the ones I remember are in 'Racing the Night' (probably the most CG heavy episode of either series), 'War Zone', and 'Each Night I Dream of Home'.

I believe 'Legend of the Rangers' had a battle of some kind, but I've never seen it. :(

"Between the Darknees and the light" (4x19) has Ivanova fighting clarke's new destroyers (with come pretty fancy manuvers

"Sleeping in light" while not a battle, the final sequence of the station blowing up is quite a good sequence

As far as the movies go, there is lots of Human vs Minbari battles in "In The Beginning". And then in "A Call to Arms", you have some great battle scenes between the Excalibur and the Drakh fleet :)

Season 5 also had the end of "Movements of Fire and Shadow" and the begining of "The Fall of Centauri Prime" which contained some pretty good stuff of ships.

I have region 2, and there is some CGI battles, with the narn and drazi fleet bombarding CP, and whitestars turning up, along with the Centauri ships attacking delenns whitestar.

Re-watching the series recently, I came to appreciate the first major space battle of season 1, the B5 Starfuries vs raiders. It shows off the cool way the Starfuries move with the thrusters and all, with the patented B5 Starfury move of spinning around to shoot the ship chasing it. Whitestars later do this also to great effect.

Or, yeah, anything with Whitestars, those are pretty bad-ass.

I have region 2, and there is some CGI battles, with the narn and drazi fleet bombarding CP, and whitestars turning up, along with the Centauri ships attacking delenns whitestar.

You do? You mean its been fixed now? :eek: When did you buy it?

He must mean that there's some battle scenes after the intro. You don't mean you have the teaser, right? (Teaser's gone.)

Back