B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old May 17th 19, 17:46   #151
Springer
Ambassador

Re: Game of Thrones, HBO series

I thought this was a very good article that looks at Dany's motives: http://watchersonthewall.com/daenerys-targaryen-throne/
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th 19, 03:26   #152
Looney
Telepath

I have no problem with Dany's motives. I have always felt her reasons for wanting to rule were flawed. The signs that this was coming were always there. The fact that all of the characters guiding her toward becoming the right kind of ruler have been steadily killed off only guided this further toward happening, so it isn't outlandish to think she could do this. The problem is that we are at the end of the story and this will be her fate and it is a fate she doesn't deserve. Instead of learning from all of the lessons she's been taught for eight seasons and making the right choices no matter what effect it would have on her becoming Queen we get that she learned nothing and deep down she always had a monster in her. I would have been fine if she didn't become Queen or somehow accepted being Queen was not her only fate. And honestly, her death would have been better than this villainous turn. I mean I didn't want to see her and Jon get married and rule together because that just seemed too much like a fairy tale and quite a bit sexist. But death or anything else would have been better than making her a monster and the end of the series.

And as I said, logically she should be taking Jon and Tyrion down with her, fates they don't deserve. Best case scenario, Jon kills Dany and Drogon then, as I heard someone fortell today, returns north of The Wall or back to Eastwatch to help rebuild The Wall. I feel all threats from a Night King or Night Queen should be over, but it is a TV show that wants to do the unexpected. But back to how she has ruined them. The society who remain should want Jon and Tyrion dead as well as Dany. It doesn't matter that they were acting in good faith. They convinced thousands to follow her and she burned everyone.

And like I said, Varys was always getting better throughout the show. To show that in the end he was always just going to go where the wind blew was a horrible fate to cast on him. His motives were pure and they turned that into someone who could just never commit.

Okay I wish I had more energy, but I am OUT!
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 19, 14:36   #153
Demonn
First One

All I'm gonna say is... Arya... on a pale horse. Dany go sleepy if she be bad, bad.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 19, 15:02   #154
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonn View Post
All I'm gonna say is... Arya... on a pale horse. Dany go sleepy if she be bad, bad.

As much as I would like to agree I feel that Jon and Arya are the obvious choices. Yes it might be one of them, but I think it could also be Tyrion. And the more talk I hear the more I am starting to think she may not get it in the end. She may be forced to live with what she has done. But who knows. I do know that after the last episode I wouldn't be surprised if Arya is done with death. Of course I could say any one of a million things because that is where they have left us. Just predict every possible outcome and one of them will likely be right.

Jon kills Daenerys
Jon kills Drogon.
Jon kills Daenerys and Drogon.
Daenerys and Drongon kills Jon.
Daenerys kills Jon.
Drogon kills Jon.
Tyrion kills Daenerys.
Daenerys kills Tyrion.
Daenerys and Drogon kill Tyrion.
Arya kills Daenerys.
Daenerys and Drogon kill Arya.
Daenerys and Drogon kill Sansa. . . . .
Nobody dies . . . . .

You get where I am going with this and I don't think I need to mention all of those characters whom may not actually be dead yet. I mean we haven't seen corpses on Jaime, Cersei, The Mountain, The Hound, and Euron. Wait I guess we have seen The Mountain as an animated corpse. We just assume they are dead due to the circumstances they were left in. Euron most definitely should be dead or dying when we see him next, but I wouldn't put it past these guys to bring him back. And I still say there is a Qyburn return possible. He made The Mountain into something that could not be killed so maybe he did the same for himself, either before he was found half dead in Valar Dohaeris, 3.1, or during his free reign in King's Landing.

I did hear one that I think sounds logical. If Jon survives he returns either north of The Wall or to repair The Wall. I guess The Wall shouldn't need repaired, but I get the feeling they aren't willing to say the White Walker threat is gone forever. One definite thing that wouldn't surprise me is a series ending with a White Walker twist or a Night Queen twist.

Quick question Demonn. Is your Avatar supposed to look like a member of the Grey Council who has been taken by a Goa'uld from Stargate?

Last edited by Looney; May 19th 19 at 15:05.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th 19, 15:24   #155
Demonn
First One

It's Neroon with glowing teep eyes from Lyta... I darkened the face.

I do think Grey Worm will go after Jon... which will be the end of Grey Worm.
Demonn is offline   Reply With Quote