• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The 4400 Season 2 (Anyone here watching this?)

Recoil

Regular
I know Antony made a post about the miniseries/pilot 6 episodes for this show when it aired on USA last fall. There seemed to be some minor interest from people on this site. I'm curious to see if anyone from here is still watching it.

I have stayed with it. So far I still like this show. At first at the start of this second season (or maybe its the first if you consider the pilot was those 6 episodes, which is a real small season) I was thinking that it was turning out rather slow. However the last couple weeks parts of the show had impressed me.

I like how they are keeping things one continuous story, with all of the characters events in one episode being directly followed up upon in the next. Even though they are able to keep it an almost mutant-of-the-week format with different 4400 people ala XFiles, the main characters themselves and the overall story DOES move forward each week. They have also these last 2 weeks done some very cool twists IMO.

So far I'm still liking the show. I don't think it is as strong as Galactica, but it is better than most thats out there, and its still interesting enough to keep me watching.

Anyone else here still watching this?

I keep missing the airings so bittorrent is my friend. I liked the first season a lot and this one is keeping my interest.

I am watching it, seems like season 1 is a lot tighter than say season 2. Which an't too surprising since season 1 was a mini serise and meant to be almost a self contained story accross the 5 episodes while season 2 is progressing. Seems like they progress and keep a continuaility with a arc of Lilly and her husband and baby, and then there the 4400 centers and Tom's nephew and son. While Tom and the female agent some what doing there dispearse mutant of the week stuff and occasionly tie back into the arcs running around them.

Decal:

I agree, and thats why I like it. It has some of that "monster of the week" stuff which can keep the casual viewer interested, yet has the continuing story which keeps the dedicated and observant viewer interested. There are also plenty of queues to a backgroud story arc for those who are really into long term series.

So far I'm pretty happy with it, and I think what they have done this season has been good. Has it been the best sci-fi TV ever? No, but its a lot better than MANY first season series (IMO), including SG-1 and other series of the like, so I think that says a lot.

I like this show and watch it every week and if I miss it, it is taped. I like the the characters and the mystery. Even though it was told in the first season why they were sent back, its still a mystery as to how all of these people are suppose to "seed" the future.

This may just be me, but I really like the way that Diana talks to Maia. She doesnt treat her as a little kid but instead talks to her as an equal. Ive seen films or series like this were they are always trying to "shield" or "protect" the kid instead of telling them what is going on. Im glad that DIana and Maia have a great repore. My favorite scene is......

*Spoiler*

When NTAC gave Diana a subpena (sp?) to turn over Maia's journal and when Maia asked what was happened, Diana told her the truth. Then they sat together on the couch and Diana tossed away the subpena.

I like the show. It's hit-and-miss, and it's no Babylon 5, but it's pretty good.

I'm so glad that Diana adopted Maia. That was very good character development for Diana, and you don't see adoptions very much on television.

I'm glad Richard, Lilly, and Isabelle aren't on the run any more, but what is up with their baby running the show.

(Possible Mild Spoiler)

Without giving away any details, I loved this past weekend's episode where Tom Baldwin experiences a different life. You could argue that it's a ripoff of a very good ST:TNG episode (the best, IMHO), but I love that storyline so much, I'm actually glad someone used the concept again. Plus, the 4400 episode had a slightly different payoff in the end, one that I wish had a little more emotional impact that it deserved, but it will at least make things interesting in Tom's future storyline.

I also saw that last week's was loosely based on that TNG episode as well. It was well executed and I liked WHY it was done.

Back