• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

S2 SPOILER somethin' from seanastin.com

S2 SPOILER somethin\' from seanastin.com

Have you guys seen this
SPOILERS!
shocked.gif

Re: S2 SPOILER somethin\' from seanastin.com

Someone sent me the URL today.
smile.gif

Nice photos, some great info on Mr. Smith and the direction of season two.
grin.gif

Thanks for the link, a great read... Can't wait till S2.

Cerberus

Mr Smith=Kosh :)

Wasn't Ezekiel allready Kosh
confused.gif

Great info! And I have to say interesting tidbits of things, specially for me of one character of Season 1.
shocked.gif

Anyone have any idea why season 2 is apparetnly only going to be 15 episodes instead of 20?

And ye the Great God Showtime spake onto the Great Maker,
"Five and ten episodes of thine 'Jeremiah' shall there be for it is Our Will."
Shunning the voice of his atheist heart, the Great Maker agreed,
For he knew that if he did not, no second season would there be
And his followers would whine and moan in most devout and irritating airs.

[The Book of the Jeremites, verse III]

Great answer Celle!
laugh.gif

There was a news article a few months back that Showtime is moving away from producing original movies and starting more series instead. My guess is that they would have to spread the number of episode commitments per series out thinner in order to get the most bang for their buck.

I have also heard that Jeremiah got the highest episode commitment out of all their series. Of course, I can't remember where I heard this and haven't taken the time to confirm it but from what I saw after a quick search were 10 and 13 episode commitments from Showtime. The only show with more episodes that I could find right now was Queer As Folk with 16 eps/season. Not too shabby comparitively.
wink.gif

I guess we should be happy with what we get, eh?
smile.gif

I just find it rather disappointing when they refer to anything less then 20 episodes as a "season". Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't space them out like regular seasons, but getting say 12 episodes and then having to wait 40 weeks for the next batch of new ones can make people lose interest.

(Not to mention, if I subscribe to a premium network to watch just one show, I'd like to atleast get as many episodes of that show as possible!)
smile.gif

As long as its quality, that's all I care about. The reason most HBO shows are excellent is because they only do between 8 and 13 episodes a year; no fluff, great storylines, and you get to see them all one per week without waiting for weeks on end for the next episode.

In Bab, I do love all the episodes, but could have lived without a few episodes per season (Grail, Infection, Eyes, Believers, The Long Dark, most of There All the Honor Lies, Convictions, A Day in the Strife, most of Grey 17 is Missing & Walkabout (combine into one episode with R&B singing or the Zarg!)...

as for S4 & S5, if it hadn't been so squeezed into S4, many of the S5 fluff episodes could have cut from both S4 & S5.

Either way, I love 'em all, but some episodes do have parts that drag. However, that's my only complaint as it is, by far, my favorite show of all time! I'm splitting hairs here.

For Jeremiah, I could live without the Bag, the Red Kiss and the Touch.

Oh well, enough rambling! I'm just happy to have any good TV in the "vast wasteland of nonsense" that's out there.

-Tim

Well, Been a while since i posted here. Nice to see people still come by. Anyway back to the topic. I can't wait for S2 to come out as this is a show unlike any i have seen. But with S2 comeing up and this new character and being able to have primenitions or see the future I couldn't help but get the first gut feeling that this is going to be a way to 'solve' problems like star trek. Yes i know JMS does not like star trek and he would not do it to solve problems, and i am hopeing he doesn't. But i could not ignore this feeling and just thought i'd put it out there and see what others think/say.

Cerbs_Friend, think back to all the premonitions in B5 -- there were quite a few, but did any of them solve any problems deus ex machina-like?

I just find it rather disappointing when they refer to anything less then 20 episodes as a "season".

Hmmm ... traditionally British television has called 13 episodes a "series", with some of the really big bang, popular shows getting 26 - but these were usually half-hour sitcoms.

Some even get only 6 episodes per season - look at Fawlty Towers a much-copied classic Brit series that consists of only 12 episodes in total spread over 2 seasons.

I wouldn't get too hung up about numbers particularly where they seem to sit pretty favourably with other Showtime shows.

cool.gif

The Bag was a pretty big episode in the arc for jeremiah , as was The Touch. Red kiss i agree with :)

capt

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back