• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

When does Season 2 start in the US?

Everyone is wondering the same thing unfortunately. Even JMS is being oddly silent on the subject.
frown.gif

Some interesting speculation from Lee Whiteside (webmaster of www.sftv.org). I have been following their mailing list for quite some time now and they seem to be very much in tune with how the industry works:

Feb.23.2003
<font color="orange">The earliest it could air is now April. With Showtime having pulled O5 from their Main channel in March (but continuing to air it on Showtime Beyond), it is possible they may run the final new episodes of O5 along with the start of Jeremiah (or run Jeremiah in the same time slot after they finish up O5). Info from Showtime is definitely lacking. I have been told by a friend working on "Dead Like Me", that Showtime has told them they plan to start airing that series in mid-July. It is possible they may hold back Jeremiah to run at the same time as the new series. Best info right now on "Dead Like Me" is at this web site: http://www.writergroupie.com/tvgroupie/tvseries/deadlikeme.htm </font color>

Well, MGM's official web site as many of you know is saying "coming this summer".

Now, I am in contact with someone involved with the S2 theme song from Jeremiah and they say it will air in Sept 2003! :eek: I don't know how accurate their information is but I will try to dig up as much information as possible.

I don't know if I can stand to wait that long! July would be hard enough. :(

Jeremiah theme song? Will there be a new theme song for every season like there was on B5 -- cuz that would be cool.

However long we have to wait, one thing is for certain, we'll have to wait a whole lot longer of the official site to update their episode guide . Hey, guys, the lovers met and the journey ended -- move on :rolleyes:

Celle, you always crack me up. :LOL: So true about the official site!

As for the theme song, I don't want to give too much away since I want to save some of it for the newsletter. ;) I am getting some neat information from Tim Truman as well as the band who performs the song.

However, I can tell you this ... you have heard the song before. :D

Well, JMS replied to my ranting post on the moderated newsgroup. Eep! However, he did give some insight to the airdate of season two ... beginning of August:

Mar.28.2003
Last I heard, year two is set to debut in the US around the first week of August. They want to be able to debut their new series Dead Like Me in June/July or so, let that get its sea-legs, then we come out in August.

We're currently in the last phase of shooting our two-part season finale "Interregnum."

Such a wonderous creature exists? As in a DVR that actually records HDTV -- with Dolby 5.1 audio and everything? *swoon* The only way that could be cooler is if you could somehow archive the recordings on an affordable, digital, removable, rewritable format.

Oooooooommm, HD-DVD rewritable. Oooooooommm, HD-DVD rewritable. Oooooommmmmm ...

Such a wonderous creature exists? As in a DVR that actually records HDTV -- with Dolby 5.1 audio and everything? *swoon* The only way that could be cooler is if you could somehow archive the recordings on an affordable, digital, removable, rewritable format.

Oooooooommm, HD-DVD rewritable. Oooooooommm, HD-DVD rewritable. Oooooommmmmm ...

DirecTV says it will be available by the end of this year. :cool:

Then I will have to also buy one of these to archive the episodes. :cool: :D

I am very grateful there's a season 2 without any necessity of fighting for it. hopefully they'll give JMS 5 years and release it on DVD. that's way more important than when exactly S2 is going to start. and the more time they have the better it gets. sort of. there's a saying over here: pleasant anticipation is biggest delight.
but anyways: hurry!

(nevermind that posting :p )

Back