• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

ATTN: Canadian TMN viewers. RE: wrong ep order

TMN, which obviously stands for "The Moron Network", is showing the Jeremiah eps in the wrong order, ie. according to production number instead of episode number /forums/images/icons/mad.gif I did NOT wait a WHOLE year for Jeremiah to finally be shown in the country in which it was filmed to see the eps in the wrong bloody order.

Ahem. Despite the unCanadian feelings that TMN's stupidity has inspired, I was able to send a perfectly brief and polite e-mail and make a perfectly brief and polite phone call. For any fellow Canucks feeling equally peeved, here's the TMN contact info:
customercare@themovienetwork.ca
416-956-5444 or 1-800-565-MOVIE (6684)
They answer their phones seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time EST.
source: TMN Customer Care

What episode order are they showing it in?

If you get the following episodes in order, it shouldn't matter much, as you can stick the standalones pretty much anywhere (every episode is important in the grand scheme of things except for "The Red Kiss", but some don't *need* to be shown directly in order, and won't ruin your enjoyment of the thing)

The Long Road (pilot)
Man of Iron
Firewall
Thieves' Honor
Ring of Truth
Tripwire
A Means to an End
TLU1
TLU2

..I think I've covered all the obvious spoilers.

The order TMN is showing them in is:

1.01&02 The Long Road
1.05 To Sail Beyond the Stars
1.12 The Touch
1.03 Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass
1.06 The Bag
1.04 ... And the Ground, Sown With Salt
1.07 City of Roses
1.08 Firewall
1.09 The Red Kiss
1.10 Journeys End in Lovers Meeting
1.14 Tripwire
1.11 Thieves' Honor
1.13 Mother of Invention
1.15 Ring of Truth
1.19 Things Left Unsaid (1)
1.16 Moon in Gemini
1.20 Things Left Unsaid (2)
1.17 Out of the Ashes
1.19 A Means to an End

... methinks that's gonna screw up the first season arc just a little /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Especially near the end.

Someone: alert JMS to this on the moderated newsgroup.

Everything up to the end is fairly tolerable - but TLU has to be at the end or you're going to seriously throw people off.

That's worse than the Crusade snafu...

Ah, crap. I was afraid of this. I did notice this on their online schedule but since I don't live in Canada or get this channel, I couldn't confirm this was the order they were going to show it in. Online schedules can be wrong (even Showtime's was wrong in the beginning) but unfortunately TMN's is not wrong. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Let us know what the response was from the channel. I think I will even drop them a line.

To access the moderated newsgroup, the easiest I have found is to use Google Groups. You have to register your email address and have it pass through the moderators so it isn't always posted immediately. I can forward the information but in the meantime, go to:

Google Groups RASTB5M

Where did you get the entire schedule for Jeremiah? The one online only goes to the end of October. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Thanks Monica! I'll go check things out.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did only see the TMN schedule until the end of October, figured out that their schedule matched the chronology of the episode production #s which I found at Epguides.com/Jeremiah
and extrapolated according to that trend. I cannot say with 100% certainty that that will be actual airing order. However, I can say with 100% certainty, that last night TMN did air "Episode 3 -- To Sail Beyond the Stars" (when they should have aired "Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass"), and when I called, they informed me that they were airing the eps in the order which they got them from their supplier.

Truthfully, we won't really know what the order will be until the eps have actually aired. You're right, online schedules aren't always correct. However, there is enough evidence that they intend to continue showing the eps by production # to justify an e-mail and/or a phone call to prevent that from happening.

I am grateful for any information and what you provided was excellent. Thank you for ellaborating!

It has been hard to find someone to confirm the odd episode order that TMN seemed intent on showing them in. I will take someone's word about what episodes they are actually showing rather than something found online ... even if it is from the channel's official site. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Thanks again!

I'll be happy to keep you appraised of the situation, Monica /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Merci beaucoup for putting the TMN contact information up at the Abyss.

Oh, forgot to mention. Showtime's site is not accessible from outside the US. We get this message:

Sorry

We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States.

Why this is, I cannot imagine /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Right, damn Showtime. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

You can get around it but not sure it is worth the hassle. That blocking of non-US ip numbers was one of the main reasons for making my site. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I can access the page via Google's cached pages but not sure how that would work for showing it to TMN as proof of the correct episode order. Grr, why do they have to be so difficult? /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Google's cached page

The TMN saga continues:

Spoke with a helpful TMN CCR (Customer Care Rep) today, and she actually got back to me with info/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Apparently the TMN Programming department is convinced that

a) "Jeremiah" is not an arc show like the holy "Sopranos", and therefore episode order doesn't really matter,
b) they are showing the episodes by their proper episode number /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

For what it's worth, I told them they are wrong on both counts. Helpful CCR person said "they'd look into it" /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I'm begin to think that unless they have something official-like shoved in their faces saying "Hey, this is the proper airing order." TMN won't change their ways. Their are none so blind as will not see.

TMN Without End (part 2):

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif In Valen's name!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Helpful CCR person did look into it, and got back to me for the 2nd time today. She actually went to the official sites that I mentioned and saw the error of TMN's ways. She even figured out that they showed episode 5 on Monday instead of episode 3 without my telling her!/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Now they're going to look into the matter to figure where things went hinky and get back to me on Friday afternoon -- for once I actually believe them /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Excellent job! Let's hope they are serious about updating their order so the Canadian fans don't have to suffer through a bizarre episode order.

I sent an email but never actually called them. Figured it would be better if someone who actually -got- the channel raised a stink by speaking to them in person. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Congratulations Celle! Be proud ... especially if this all gets fixed. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Woo-HOO!

Just got off the phone with TMN: they apologize for the mix-up. It seems that Showtime sent them the tapes but didn't make the distinction between episode # and production #. TMN promises that from now on the eps will air in the in the proper order by episode # as per the official "Jeremiah" website /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Good job to everyone who called/e-mailed TMN! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif They seemed to have gained a healthy appreciation for "Jeremiah" and its fans. "It's become quite popular now" I'm told /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

We'll see whether the problem has really been fixed on Monday. Until then ... "Cheerleaders for everyone!" /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Re: Woo-HOO!

Awesome, good work to everyone. Jeremiah is a great show and must be seen in the right order. It’s cool to that they listened to all of you. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

cerberus

It is rather cool that they listened. All networks should be so attentive.

Here's further proof of TMN redemption (from e-mail I received from Helpful CCR Person):

As mentioned in our telephone conversation in regards to your concern with the episode order of the series 'Jermemiah', you are correct that the episodes have been airing out of order. On September 9th, the premiere of the season, episodes one and two aired, however on the 16th, episode number 5 aired. We received the episodes for the series in production order, not episode order which is the reason for this error.

We have made changes to the schedule to ensure that all future episodes will air in the correct order. As a result episode #3 - 'Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass' will air Monday September 23 at 9pm on M1, and the following week episode #4 '...And the Ground Sown With Salt' will air on September 30th, and episode #6 'The Bag' will air on October 7th. For your convenience, I have provided a full list of this new schedule below in Eastern Standard time. As well all future marathons of the series will air in correct order without any discrepancies.

Title Date Channel Start Time
Ep 1 & 2 - The Long Road 09/09/2002 M1 21:01:37:05
Ep 1 & 2 - The Long Road 13/09/2002 M3 20:00:49:18
Ep 5 - To Sail Beyond the Stars 16/09/2002 M1 21:00:06:19
Ep 5 - To Sail Beyond the Stars 20/09/2002 M3 20:02:45:18
Ep 3 - Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass 23/09/2002 M1 21:02:54:00
Ep 3 - Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass 27/09/2002 M3 20:00:06:00
Ep 4 - And the Grown Sown with Salt 30/09/2002 M1 21:00:06:00
Ep 4 - And the Grown Sown with Salt 04/10/2002 M1 20:00:06:00
Ep 4 - And the Grown Sown with Salt 05/10/2002 M4 11:30:06:00
Ep 4 - And the Grown Sown with Salt 06/10/2002 M4 23:15:06:02
Ep 6 - The Bag 07/10/2002 M1 03:15:06:02
Ep 6 - The Bag 07/10/2002 M1 21:00:06:00
Ep 6 - The Bag 10/10/2002 M3 01:00:06:00
Ep 6 - The Bag 11/10/2002 M3 20:00:06:00
Ep 7- City of Roses 14/10/2002 M1 21:00:06:00
Ep 7- City of Roses 14/10/2002 M4 03:00:06:00
-Ep 7- City of Roses 17/10/2002 M3 01:55:06:02
-Ep 7- City of Roses 18/10/2002 M3 20:00:06:00
Ep 8-Firewall 21/10/2002 M1 21:00:06:00
Ep 8-Firewall 24/10/2002 M2 01:40:06:00
Ep 8-Firewall 25/10/2002 M3 20:00:06:00
Ep 8-Firewall 26/10/2002 M2 23:30:06:00
Ep 8-Firewall 26/10/2002 M4 02:30:06:00
Ep 8-Firewall 27/10/2002 M4 23:05:06:02
Ep 9-Red Kiss 28/10/2002 M1 21:00:06:00
-Ep 9-Red Kiss 28/10/2002 M4 03:15:06:02

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I am most impressed with the swiftness they took in correcting their schedule. I am guessing quite a number of people emailed and/or called them to complain about it.

I love it when we can prove we -can- make a difference! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

My Canadian schedule page has now been updated with this information. Thanks to everyone who helped with this!

http://abyss.hubbe.net/jeremiah/eps/sch_ca.html

I also notice how they are using it as filler so they must be fairly happy with the show so far. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Just putting the final nail in the coffin of this issue: TMN did indeed show "Man of Iron, Woman Under Glass" tonight.

I officially take back that "The Moron Network" crack /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back