• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What should the subject of the next novel trilogy be ?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
I wouldn't want Crusade books as long as there is even the slightest chance of its return. Same goes for any other possibly interesting topics that might still make it to TV/big screen (like the Telepath War).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anybody think that telling the story of Crusade in novel form (moot point since JMS has said he isn't interested in doing, because he wants to do it on "TV"), would necessarily prevent Crusade from being made on TV? Books have been made into TV and movies before. JMS would probably not like being straight-jacketed by what's been written in a book though.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
JMS would probably not like being straight-jacketed by what's been written in a book though.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. It would make more sense - to me, at least - to have books after the series (something akin to the movie novelizations?), not before.

Besides, I have a feeling that if JMS decided to have the Crusade story, whatever that turned out to be, told in book form, that might look like admitting "defeat" - effectively burying the hope of getting the series on TV (unless the books proved enormously successful and any channel would practically beg for the chance to turn them into a series!
laugh.gif
).

I would want to get the Crusade story told eventually, in any shape or form, but I'd rather have the TV series first.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

I like the ideas involving the early days of Earth Alliance and the Dilgar war. It was a period of exploration and expansion, with numerous interesting people & events.

Or perhaps we could hear more of Jeffrey Valen's past/future... the times of the previous Shadow war and events related to it. Without telling too much of what must remain a mystery.

Civilisations which have so far remained names on maps, the beginning of the Technomages, the first and second occupation of Narn, the founding of the Centauri Republic, etc...

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited October 26, 2001).]

Some great ideas put forward here, I would like to know what Lyta and G'Kar got up to on their travels.

I asked Jeanne Cavelos what she thought about a trilogy on what happened to Alwyn, G'Leel and the rest of the Mages who broke away. She seemed interested.
I know only Galen, Elric and Alwyn show up in B5 and Crusade but her books have got me interested in what the renegade Mages may have contributed toward fighting the Shadows and any other bad guys.

------------------
"No boom to-day, boom tomorrow.
There is always a boom tomorrow."

I like the idea of a novel or two on Sinclair / Valen, perhaps we could find out a bit about the old Minbari ways.

Might be interesting to do somethign about Jack the Ripper and the Vorlons.

------------------
As it is, such is life.

Back