• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Mysterious & Voices

Lyta

Anyone want to discuss?

What about Daniel? Anyone notice who was the voice of Daniel?

Didn't Rachel kick ass? :D

I love Mister Smith and Sean Astin, I really do! Quite an impressive talent there. :)

What about all the pictures he takes? What does he see that shouldn't be there? What did God say to him about the situation with Daniel? Why won't he tell them?

Who was the voice of Daniel?

Nice Work Lyta!
:D

I like both episodes, but I like the "Voices in the Dark" better. I'm starting to get the feeling that this "Daniel" isn't a real person. Sounds like just the kind of twist JMS would pull.

There's only one thing that bothers me. How come we've didn't hear about Daniel's group(s) until after the Valhalla Sector threat was over? I know you can only have so many story threads going on at once, but it seems like his group has been big enough to be noticed by Thunder Mountain long ago.

And yes, Rachel kicked ass!

*bows to MikeG*

If you want to see all the other coverage we have gotten check out this link:
http://abyss.hubbe.net/jeremiah/excl/buzz.html#coverage

Nice for the ego huh? :D

Anyway, I practically flipped out when I heard Daniel's voice and it is killing me that no one wants to talk about it. :p

The thing about not hearing about Daniel before could be because we just didn't -know- we had heard about him already. ;) Here is the same thing I posted on my own board and giving spoiler space since this goes back halfway into the first season...
The actor that plays Daniel's voice was the same guy who played David in Journeys End in Lovers Meeting.

This raises so many questions for me! I have been getting the feeling that this Daniel is just a made up person. There is probably an actual person behind the face but mostly it is a propaganda tool. So, could David have survived his "ascention" in JOURNEYS? Could that have been his testing grounds for getting people to believe in him and getting them to follow? Or is he just a voice and no relation to his previous role in the series. I am reading too much into this? :LOL:

Also, while I loved Rachel and her kick ass attitude ... I am suspecious of both her and Karl. Mostly it is because we don't know much about them but I wonder if one or both of them are trying to infiltrate the Alliance.

Sorry this is late but I just sat down and watched both episodes. I loved them and I have a horrible feeling that is the last I'll see of Jeremiah. I am so sick of getting into a story and then having it yanked away. This is stupid! I have kept Showtime for a year mostly to see this show and now they want me to wait even longer to see the rest or not see it at all. Just put it on DVD!

(I don't think there are really any SPOILERS HERE!)
My thoughts on the story. I don't trust Rachel or Karl either, although Rachel is awesome. I love Libby too. I think Daniel may be the reason Valhala Sector was starting to push their plan for THE BIG DEATH forward not the Mountain. I was trying to rationalize a reason as to why they hadn't been discussing Daniel at the Mountain. Well, this is how I see it. They were obsessed with Valhala Sector and Valhala Sector was obsessed with beating Daniel to domination of the country.

Anyway, it is probably a pointless discussion. Even if I am lucky enough to see the final episodes of this season they won't renew the show which means we'll never get a real conclusion to the story. I know I should be positive, but I know how it works. Talk to me about Crusade or how about talking to Farscape fans about keeping their favorite show on. Sorry, I am just tired of going down this road with SciFi shows. I start to get wrapped up in a story that I never hear the end of. I am also pretty sick of this new wait until January thing. What is the point? That just gives me a chance to forget about the show. :mad:

Great comments on the episodes btw! :)

I know it may seem hopeless but it really isn't. I know SciFi fans go through a lot to "save" their shows but this campaign we are running isn't about "saving Jeremiah". The show hasn't been canceled.

The campaign is about making your comments and opinions about the show heard. These will be read by very important people at MGM and Showtime who have the power to make decisions about the future of Jeremiah. The more we talk about the show, the more important it is to those folks who make renewal decisions.

I believe we have already made a difference as now Showtime has stated that new episodes (assuming it is the remaining episodes of season two) are "coming in 2004." We just need to keep up with the influx of messages asking them to make sure it will be January 2004 and also encouraging a renewal for season three.

The next few days are important so please continue to send the message directly to the people listed on my web site or try the Showtime online help service at:
http://www.sho.com/site/util/contact.do

Keep the buzz going! :)

Back