• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hugh Fleming B5 Poster on eBay

I don't own any /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I like the season 4 poster with the main characters standing in the middle (if i remember correctly)

so it's only $9.80 US with shipping. How much is it to do a western union money transfer or to sign up with paypal. I've never done one of these before.

paypal is free for you. They even give you something like $5 for joining with them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yeah, but you have to give them a credit card number, or you are not a full fledged member, and most places will not accept your PayPal payment, because of PayPal's rules. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I assume that the people/places that specifically say they accept PayPal payments (seems to be a popular option at those auctions) would accept them.

Anyway, I'm glad I don't want a B5 poster, or I'd be once again left to curse the fact that I can't really take part in any of those auctions as I'd have no way to pay for them - no reasonable way, anyway, as I think money transfer (which might be the only option for me - and not all auction holders accept that) would cost relatively too much if we're talking about small sums, and I'd never send cash, especially not to a destination that far away (not to mention it's illegal to send cash here).

Well Kribu, actually, no. I joined PayPal to pay for a SVHS VCR at an online store that accepts PayPal. They would not accept payment from me through PayPal, since I would not provide PayPal with a credit card number, so PayPal would not fully accredit me, and therefore insure the vendor that I was on the up and up. To become fully accreddited WITHOUT a credit card number, I would have had to wait 6 months, and somehow make an unspecified number or amount of purchases WITHOUT being fully accredited, until PayPal would certify me. I cancelled my membership, kept the 42 cents they transfered to my checking account, and sent the vendor a certified check for the VCR, which they shipped upon arrival of the check. Getting answers to my questions to PayPal was very difficult, since they seem to use computers to read and reasond to the questions, not people, and most of the responses I got were not germaine. I had to do extensive digging on their website to get what little info I could about alternate means of certifcation, but never could get complete info. If you don't want to give them a credit card number, forget it. It took me an additional two weeks fooling around with them, transfering them money, and transfering it back, before I could get the VCR> /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ahh, I see. That is odd indeed - I would, however, lay at least part of the blame on the seller in those cases as well. If they only accept certain kinds of PayPal accounts/payments, they *should* say so up front (something like "PayPal payments only accepted if paid to PayPal with a credit card").

Because otherwise it doesn't really make sense - if a seller says that he accepts payment through PayPal, without adding any extra conditions, then he should accept payment through PayPal. What you use to pay PayPal with (credit card or some other means) should only be between you and PayPal and not have any bearing on the transaction between you and the seller. At least that's what I would think.

Back