• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

If you live in New Zealand, you want to watch this :)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The capital of NZ is having a Science Fiction Expo, that are going to be having the good old Doc Fraklin as one of the Guest.

I was just reading the latest update (<a href=http://www.pulpexpo.com/>here</a>) where it mentions this little tid bit: Babylon 5 fan take note, TV2 will be screening the all new B5 movie Legend of the rangers - to live and die in twilight on Saturday 22nd at midday, this should be one of the first screenings of this movie in the world, so don't miss it.

Can't check the programme guide untill next week to confirm this, but I will get back to you guys if it is

------------------
May god stand between you and harm, in all the empty places you must walk.

If this is true then I thank the heavens for such an amazing opportunity!!!!

My husband and I danced around the room reading this. We cannot check the programming schedule yet either but be assured we will let everyone know as soon as we can.

TV2 have been screening Babylon 5 movies every Saturday at noon for several weeks, so the possibility of it screening the newest movie is not as far fetched as it might seem. Although, I do wonder why not much hooplah is being made about it here.

------------------

Unless, there has been a change in the programme schedule, I don't think that the Rangers film will be screening. I just checked the TV Guide, and according to that, the movie screening on TV2, Saturday 22 September is a 1996 movie called Kazaam, with Shaguila O'Neal as a genie. Yeah! I'd rather see the B5 movie any day!!!! It would make sense for them to have it then, though, as we have just had a month of B5 movies. I hope that the TV Guide and I are wrong, and that the Rangers movie screens instead! Keep us posted!

------------------

SciFi would never allow an original production to air anywhere before their premiere. This is either a missunderstanding or a troll.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

Is the B5 movie finished yet? Last I heard it had no music, etc. yet.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

According to jms, the film was finished last week.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

I've just looked at the provided link and it sounds to me like TV2 may be sponsoring a screening at the convention, not airing the movie on television. It is possible that they've signed up to broadcast the movie at some point and were able to get permission to show the film to con attendees as well.

I believe The Gathering was also screened at a convention before it aired. But there is no way that Sci-Fi's deal with Warner Bros. would allow for some other station, anywhere in the world, to broadcast the movie before they do.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

JMS posted this on the moderated newsgroup, in reply to a post from someone who had heard the news here:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Well, since we're not delivering the final version of the film until next week, this seems very dubious indeed.

I suspect they're talking about next year, because it ain't airing anywhere until it airs in the US first. -- jms<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Sci-Fi is only getting the final cut of the film next week, it seems highly unlikely that it would even be released for a screening outside of the country by next Saturday. I'd say someone has his wires crossed.

Maybe they're planning to screen or air the film in conjuction with one of the later events publicized on the same page and someone got confused.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

JMS also replied to something someone was asking that was posted by me on this board. Thing is I can't recall which thread it was done in so this seems a good a place as any to post an apology.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>>I was wondering if there is any truth to this. Someone on the B5LR
>board posted it: "I also recall that JMS has all ready been offered
>money for a feature film, 50 million I believe but wishes to wait until
>Star Wars is outta the way."
>
>Wow, this is news to me! Is it true?

No.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was misremembering fact, with rumour, with hope when I said that. Remembering such items from the B5 magazines -

"In terms of budgeting such a feature Straczynski has said 'The b5 television movies produced so far cost a tick under $3 million. We could almost certainly do a high-quality theatrical feature for about $35-40 million.' The average budget for a feature is about $55 million."

"As reported in previous issues, Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski has told fans that there may be no new Babylon 5 theatrical movie until after the star wars prequels are finished.
However, the cancellation of Crusade may have altered this plan, if anything can be read into Straczynski's response to a recent on-line enquiry"

So I apologise to aiding false information.

------------------
BETH: "Well all I did was go for a really long walk."
JIMMY: "Where'd you go?"
BETH: "I don't know... I mean... all over the city, I guess... and then somehow I ended up standing outside Bill's apartment building and... I wanted to make sure he was... really gone, you know... so I figured out which window was his and then I just started yelling, you know, "BILL, HEY BILL!!!"
JIMMY: "And then what happened?"
BETH: "Well, finally someone opened their window and yelled down, "Shut the hell up you crazy bitch!"
JOE: "That's just what Bill would've done."
BETH: "Yeah, and that just made me think... his spirit lives on in others." - Newsradio

Yes, JMS has replied to my posting in the mod newsgroup. So officially the movie is NOT airing in NZ before the US gets it. Which makes sense. But of course it makes us NZ fans sigh a collective sigh of resignation that once again we will probably be out of the loop for some time. Most likely I will be emailing one of you guys to beg a copy off you when it screens in January.

Peace.

------------------

I would tend to agree with Joe- SciFi's going to get first broadcast dibs. That said, I am now simultaneously pulling on my pants, brushing my teeth, typing this message and parrying barbed remarks from the non-fan members of my family as I prepare to rush to the Michael Fowler Centre.

------------------
Si placidus, callidus amplus.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zoriah:
Yes, JMS has replied to my posting in the mod newsgroup. So officially the movie is NOT airing in NZ before the US gets it. Which makes sense. But of course it makes us NZ fans sigh a collective sigh of resignation that once again we will probably be out of the loop for some time. Most likely I will be emailing one of you guys to beg a copy off you when it screens in January.

Peace.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, what was the final word on that? There could be a screening of part of the movie, couldn't there?

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited September 18, 2001).]

I was sceptical about the whole thing as well, and after reading your port Joe..... what you said makes sense.

Was thinking tho... could it be like a "Behind the scene" sort of program???

I could probably live of that for a whole, before I go through my B5 video tapes
laugh.gif

------------------

I think we can pretty much guarantee taht Anything Official about Rangers is going to happen in the USA First.

After all, that is where the (current) Audience is.

They aren't going to spend time and money advertising or promoting the show in countries where it won't be shown until some months after the US sees it.

The lead time for "events" in other markets will probably be similar to the lead time in the US.

After all, this isn't LucasFilms trying to breathe new life into sagging toy sales.
wink.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited September 15, 2001).]

Well I have checked the TV Guide in NZ, & the movie that they have got listed down for Sat 22nd is called Kazaam.

Well.... guess I have to watch my B5 tapes
frown.gif

------------------

You mean you aren't waiting with baited breath to see a movie staring Shaq as a genie helping a precocious youngster.
shocked.gif

Damn commercials, I'm ashamed I know that much about it. I guess I just have to hope my next drink kills the right brain cells.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

*sobs quietly into her pillow*

Arggh I hate waiting! Kazaam???

*restrains herself from kicking her nice flat screen tv*

Oh well, I suppose it's back to B5 vids and Buffy DVD's....

Oh the torure, so close and yet so very far....

------------------

LOL
laugh.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back