• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I find this a little discouraging

I've said it before, but it's been a long time- One of the reasons I didn't like Byron was because even though he was living in down below and presumably had limited access to shower facilities (and hair conditioner) he and most of the teep men had long silky hair, while most of the women looked like they were wearing fright wigs. :eek: :rolleyes:

That's what I liked best about them. They all had great hair. Reminded me of country and western singers. :eek: ;) :p

Oh, nonsense. He and his merry band obviously went around pulling that Jedi mind-trick of theirs and making members of the group briefly "invisible" all the time. In addition to letting them spy on alien ambassadors this made it very easy to use other people's shower and grooming products. I'll be they also watched TV and read magazines and books while they were at it. There probably wasn't a copy of The New Yorker anywhere on the station that hand't had its cartoons read, nor an issue of Playboy that hadn't had its centerfold oggled by someone other than the legitimate owner. I'll bet the whole time the teeps were there roomates were arguing over who used the last of the shampoo while single people asked themselves, "Didn't I just buy a bottle of this stuff?" But no one ever noticed a pattern because this isn't exactly the kind of thing you report to station security. :)

Regards,

Joe

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I've said it before, but it's been a long time- One of the reasons I didn't like Byron was because even though he was living in down below and presumably had limited access to shower facilities (and hair conditioner) he and most of the teep men had long silky hair, while most of the women looked like they were wearing fright wigs. :eek: :rolleyes:
I always assumed the womens hair was a side effect of Psi Corps experiments.

I always assumed the womens hair was a side effect of Psi Corps experiments.

Sarah ("bright and beautiful") had lovely hair. Granted though, the rest of the women _were_ a little in need of a trimming, and some deep conditioning.

Funny... We saw many things on B5 that were integral (or intrinsic) to everyday living: where they ate, the post office, bugs, the bathrooms, where they hid their booze... But never a ship's hair salon. That, and a theater (multi-use; for movies, symphonies, plays, etc.). That always bugged me. I know you can get vids right in your room, on your comm screen, but there's something so uniquely _human_ about gathering together to view entertainment.

I mean, those lucky Trek crews have had entertainment over the years. On Enterprise, they watch movies in the mess. In TOS, we had that great traveling band of Shakespearean actors led by a former mass murderer (okay, so maybe that didn't work out so well...).

Anyway, maybe we'll get to see a ship's hair salon or theater in the next series... :)

Aisling

JoeDM probably knows a lot more about this than I do but it may have something to do with the contracts? As I recall, B5 had a type of contract that stipulated that if one person on the cast got a raise, everyone had to. It's possible that they're negotiating with the larger parts/stars first?

That's called a "most favored nations" clause. Probably not a factor here, though: unless they had clauses in their B5 contracts that made promises about a future film, and those contracts were still in effect with the production company, _and_ that very same production entity was producing the film (all very improbable), then this project is being negotiated as a clean slate. Anything applicable to their television series contracts is probably a moot point by now.

Aisling

I mean, those lucky Trek crews have had entertainment over the years. On Enterprise, they watch movies in the mess. In TOS, we had that great traveling band of Shakespearean actors led by a former mass murderer (okay, so maybe that didn't work out so well...).
And B5 had Rebo & Zooty. :eek:

Anyway, maybe we'll get to see a ship's hair salon or theater in the next series... :)
After looking at the top of JMS's head I suspect that he does not know much about lady's hair salons. Either take him on a two day trip to one or hire a woman writer. A stage in the middle of a group of theater actors. Erm, they will probably have to buy a big hook to drag the actors off.

Did the bar singer Cailyn (Erica Gimpel) have a stage in "Walkabout"?

Did the bar singer Cailyn (Erica Gimpel) have a stage in "Walkabout"?

Yes there was a small stage and she was under a bit of a spot light.

There was also a stage with a runway in the strip club(s) seen in Born to the Purple, during Londo's "lessons" with Lennier, etc.

Back