• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I leave for a few weeks and...

LondosHair

Regular
so many things change!

Some random Rangers thoughts that I've gathered over the past weeks as I took a brief leave from the message boards:

I did not bother to read the AICN review, for fear of A) spoilers and B) that it would turn my stomach. Sounds like I was right on both accounts. JMS knows when he screws up, and he knows when he's done something good. When he tells us that he thinks this may be the best B5 they've ever done, I tend to believe him. I have a hard time taking AICN seriously anymore these days, as JMS's "fanboy" comments have hit the nail right on the head. I haven't visited there in months, and to be frank, I do not miss it.

I have downloaded the full-screen trailer and given a copy to several of my friends. I can honestly say that January can't come soon enough for all of us.

I like the "good day to die" comment in the trailer... some can compare it to the Klingon phrase however they want, but I think it's a good line, whoever uses it.

I also see that actual cast members of B5LR are posting here. To them I say WELCOME! Let me pour you some virtual Brevari and we will toast to your good fortune!

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

[This message has been edited by LondosHair (edited October 19, 2001).]

Hey Londo's Hair.

Uh, I believe you hit a 'nail' on the head. Hitting a hammer on the head sounds painful and wrong.
tongue.gif

------------------
"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

There, I fixed it...

It was the Keeper's fault. Really.
laugh.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I like the "good day to die" comment in the trailer... some can compare it to the Klingon phrase however they want, but I think it's a good line, whoever uses it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As someone else here pointed out, the phrase originated at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
It ain't Klingon.
Trek stole it from a Native American.

For those not familiar with the battle, look up General George Armstrong Custer.
It turned out to be His day to die.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LondosHair:
There, I fixed it...

laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol Hair!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have not read the AICN review either, and from what I heard, I do not want to. All I've heard from JMS and the LotR cast that have visited here is good things about Rangers, so I agree with you and tend to believe them over some critic.

------------------
RW, the salad ambassador. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LondosHair:

I did not bother to read the AICN review, for fear of A) spoilers and B) that it would turn my stomach. Sounds like I was right on both accounts.

I haven't visited there in months, and to be frank, I do not miss it.

There, I fixed it...
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do a great Londo.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> You do a great Londo.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Merely "great?" Am I not worthy of "magnificent" or "spectacular?" I would even settle for "impressive," but "great"... I would think you could come up with something more descriptive than that, yes?

cool.gif

To bakana: yes, I recall that line coming from the Battle of the Little Big Horn... but if you ask the average sci-fi fan of today who said it, they'd say "Klingons"
smile.gif
Hopefully they read this board and know the real answer now...

------------------
-Londo's Hair

[This message has been edited by LondosHair (edited October 22, 2001).]

Merely "great?"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Am I not worthy of "magnificent" or "spectacular?"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
I would even settle for "impressive," but "great"... I would think you could come up with something more descriptive than that, yes?
cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irrelevant.

You're lucky to get even that much out of a Vorlon.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.