• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jason Carter Rumor Concerning Harry Potter 3

Ivanova

Beyond the rim
I stumbled over this today when I was looking for pictures of the cast for the second movie. I was really surprised, because I had not seen this rumor on the HP Galleries site. I can only hope that this rumor becomes true because I would LOOOOOVE IT if it was true!!!!!
laugh.gif

http://www.harrypotterspage.com/the_second_movie.htm

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Wish I knew about this "rumor" before I talked to Jason at MegaCon earlier today...could have asked him about it! Anywho, I may still be able to...

invalensname

------------------
**In Starlight** | In Starlight's Forum

"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

As much as I love Jason Carter, I don't know how well I see him playing Sirius? I always saw Sirius as a much beefer and scarier kinda guy. I would see Jason Carter much better in teh role of Professor Lupus. Of course, it would just be cool to see him in the movie. I wouldn't complain eithe way cause he would obviously do an awesome job. Yeah Marcus!

------------------

I just can't see him as Sirius either. I dunno... I have a completely different image of Sirius in my mind.

Although it would be great for him if the rumour proved to be true - after all, that's a major role in a guaranteed blockbuster!
laugh.gif
And I'm sure he'd handle it well.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Kribu:
I just can't see him as Sirius either. I dunno... I have a completely different image of Sirius in my mind.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Not being a Potter fan myself I quizzed a friend about this. She was very keen on seeing Jason play the role.
It's confusing having this mentioned on The Chamber of Secrets page when I'm told that Sirius doesn't appear in that book, especially when The Prisoner of Azkaban page says it expects Jeff Hordley to play Sirius.

------------------
"You know I? I rather like this GOD fellow. He's very theatrical you know, a pestilence here, a plague there... Omnipotence, Got to get me some of that, Hmmm?" - Stewie (Family Guy)

Jason Carter to appear in a Harry Potter movie?!? And I thought it was bad when he played a hippy in a Chevy Avalanche commercial. Harry Potter would be a newer and even lower low.

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to soldiers fighting overseas and to their families.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Harry Potter would be a newer and even lower low. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we're gonna start bashing Harry Potter somebody better start a new thread for it, cause I'm not gonna put up with any trash talk about my boy. And I don't want to hear anything from anyone who hasn't read the books yet.
smile.gif

------------------

I agree with Galen's Staff.
laugh.gif

And even if you don't like HP, Ninja_Squirrel, which is quite fine by me, you should see what sort of a great opportunity that (playing a role that is very central to the particular book, and, most likely, also the movie) would be to an actor - especially one who isn't exactly a huge star.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

Now that's an interesting mental image
wink.gif

I would have thought that it would be a huge career boost to be any part in a movie as successful as the HP films will be.

------------------
"You know I? I rather like this GOD fellow. He's very theatrical you know, a pestilence here, a plague there... Omnipotence, Got to get me some of that, Hmmm?" - Stewie (Family Guy)

If he got any role in Harry Potter 3 (Yes, I see him as Lupin too. *S* but I think he could pull off Sirius or Lupin) that would be a MAJOR boost for him. I mean, come on, he would be working with some of England's greats: Richard Harris, Dame Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Robbie Coltrane, I mean, these are well-known actor types. If Jason WAS in a Harry Potter movie, he would get ge more notice.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Do I smell a Jason Carter as Sirius Black letter writing campaign???
laugh.gif

------------------

I hate to admit it but I just got around to seeing the Harry Potter movie this past weekend. Apart from being extremely well done and thoroughly enjoyable, I thought how well it was cast. Every actor seemed perfect for the part.

If Jason Carter gets a strong part in any of the movies he will be doing very well indeed. Not only will it get major distribution but he will be working with some of the top British actors.

Unfortunately I can't remember Book 3 well enough to judge whether he will be right for the character, but in view of previous casting choices I can't imagine him being wrong for the part.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Hmmmm, well, I think physically he could DEFINITELY fit the part. However, I don't want to be sitting next to my mother at the movie theatre when every time he comes on screen, she yells out 'MARCUS!'.

laugh.gif
blush.gif

This is one bit of news I won't be passing on, lol. If it turned out not to happen, she'd be majorly disappointed, and if it turned out to be true, she'd be camping out at the theatre 10 months in advance. Or sooner.
crazy.gif

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

The page on movie 3 for the web site in question says that the Jason Carter rumor was false. Carter was not cast nor was their any discussion between the producers and Carter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back