B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old October 30th 18, 23:36   #51
vacantlook

Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

Just watched his "The Coming of Shadows" video too. If you don't watch his vids, this might be one to do so. Oshiro definitely has some strong reactions this episode. And to think, things are only beginning. [evil laugh]

Just did his video for "GROPOS," and I love Oshiros's comment, "This week's episodes are going to destroy me."

Last edited by vacantlook; October 31st 18 at 03:18.
vacantlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st 18, 09:11   #52
Karajorma
Ranger

He doesn't appear to have noticed that whenever AlchemyPotato or Rukbat 5 commissioned an episode it's going to fuck him up. Because they went through and quickly picked all the best episodes!

"I feel this whole show changed!" - Well done, you got the point of a wham episode.

Last edited by Karajorma; October 31st 18 at 09:52.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st 18, 22:54   #53
vacantlook

From his posting on "A Race Through Dark Places":

Quote:
my soul left my body during this episode.
And given one of his comments in reply to someone down in the comments section:

Quote:
did all of you see my goddamn soul leave my body when i thought she did it

because i still haven't recovered
It seems that that soul-leaving moment was precisely when he thought Talia had betrayed everyone and sided with Bester.

A couple weeks from now when he hits "Divided Loyalties" will be interesting.

Last edited by vacantlook; November 1st 18 at 23:34.
Old November 1st 18, 23:46   #54
Karajorma
Ranger

Yeah, I've watched the video. He truly bought it that Talia had betrayed the underground railroad and killed them all. Talia seems to be one of his favourite characters so yeah, Divided Loyalties is going to be very interesting.
Old November 2nd 18, 13:23   #55
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

He's a Talia/Ivanova shipper for sure.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd 18, 18:00   #56
Lennier's Tears
Ambassador

Wow, this is really great! I've never watched any of the "Mark Watches" videos, but I've checked out the discussions of some of the other shows on that blog and always really enjoyed them. I really love seeing first time B5 watchers reactions and comments, but I was a little nervous about checking this out, in case he hated the show, and the discussions were all really negative. Fortunately, they seem really interesting, so I will definitely check it out!
Old November 6th 18, 01:04   #57
vacantlook

Oshiro has up his review for The Coming of Shadows today. In the comments section for that review, he posted:

Quote:
i watched an episode today

it was called Va gur Funqbj bs gur M'un'qhz

what have you all done to me
(The rot13 is: "In The Shadow Of Z'ha'dum;" well, he accidentally included an extra "the," but still.)
Old November 6th 18, 10:35   #58
Karajorma
Ranger

Just wait. He's commented on how tragic Coming of Shadows was. If that episode messed him up, due to the play order he's using, Confessions and Lamentations is next!

And that is probably the saddest episode of B5.
Old November 8th 18, 14:18   #59
vacantlook

In a comment posted to yesterday's review for "All Alone In The Night," Oshiro said he's now finished watching season 2 and he posted this gif to accompany that comment.
Old November 8th 18, 17:55   #60
Springer
Ambassador

I'm really enjoying reading his episodic commentaries, and it's great to see the series through a fresh set of 21st century eyes. He's picking up on things really quickly – maybe because of how common serialised TV is these days, we've all been trained to do that? – and has even had insights into the show that I've never had, so I really appreciate that. He does go a little over the top in his enthusiasm, which can remove a bit of subtlety from his commentaries, but I guess that's just his style (I mean, I liked Eyes though not many people do, but he LOVED it!).

Reading the comments section, often from people seeing the series for the first time, is also eye-opening. It had never occurred to me that Sheridan and Franklin were being condescending in their attitude towards G'Kar in The Coming of Shadows, and I'm still not sure I agree that they are, but I think I've been indoctrinated by watching Kirk and Picard prancing around the galaxy espousing platitudes to quarrelling aliens for too long. There's also a commenter who I think is the first person I've come across who doesn't like Delenn. Interestingly I can see where they are coming from, and the series itself addresses this in Comes the Inquisitor, so I'll be interested to read their response to that episode.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote