• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Last Request

D

**DONOTDELETE**

To message board posters,
Please,please,please, may we end the topic subject of 'Li Chen' out of respect for the actor. I regret ever starting this topic, as I didn't realize that it would go on and on and on as it has! I feel bad for the particualiar actor who has done nothing wrong, and I appologize to him for some of the irresponsible comments made regarding his talent. Sorry for this. I request a lock-up to the subject of "Li Chen". Thanks for your considerations...Respectfully yours...

------------------

Why?

I have no idea who Li Chen is, and have not participated in the thread, but I would think that any conversation that doesn't involve fighting or name-calling would be a good one.

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

Some guy came in and mouthed off. Big deal. It's one guy. His opinion ain't particualry more important than that of the other millions of other people who'll be watching the show. Additionally, he seemed to have a grudge (against someone virtually unknown no less), so maybe he, or someone he knows was auditioning for the part...

However, right now, the only thing we have to go on is that the actor in question has, as far as I can see, been limited to bit parts. It doesn't mean he's bad, but does mean we have very little to form an opinion on.

In any case, the moral of the story is - wait and see.

Why, because of that post by Bruce Li? I don't know why the thread should be locked because of that. For one thing, I don't have a clue what he's talking about. I'm still trying to decipher the post.

Hmm. I suppose there isn't a second thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I have been told that this person rambling about asian this and asian that, is indeed the new actor cast in the role of "li Chen". The name has been changed to reflect his Japanese heritage<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, this part seems to indicate that he's talking about Acid_Freeze, but it also implies that he's the actor cast as Li Chen. So is he saying that Acid Freeze is Warren Takeuchi?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>but it is still quite tacky to be here rambling about all this asian talk. I personally find it tacky and sad that this particular actor has had to resort to this. I guess he hasn't figured out that being a part of the Star Trek series guarantees him a sort of "fame" but also with screw him as far as other parts go. Ever see any of the other ex-Star Trek actors doing anything other than maybe Patrik Stewart? I don't think so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now it seems as if he's talking about Garret Wang, Harry Kim from Voyager. So why'd he bring him up? It seems as if he's talking about the actor that got the role of Li Chen, which of course isn't right, as Warren Takeuchi has the role, not Garret Wang.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>You're not doing asians any favours by taking this part. It's definatley not because of your acting skills. It's because it's been cast in Vancouver and they needed an asian actor....any asian actor. Alot of us have seen Takeuchi's acting and it's nothing to brag about. The guy can barely get acting parts in a huge market like Vancouver. Pretty sad considering the opportunities that his hometown presents for him. Anyone I've chatted with has said that his work is pretty bad, bordering on brutal. He's destined for commercials and how-to fast food videos.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And here he's just ripping into Takeuchi for no reason I've been able to ascertain, yet. All in all, the post made pretty much no sense. I'd personally like for Bruce Li to clarify here, as I don't have a clue as to what the hell he's talking about, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

------------------

Well, I have to say, that...now...it is extremely clear that whoever this message poster is that ripped into Takeuchi getting the role of Li...is extremely bitter about that...god knows why! Once again, for the 100 time, I appologize to the actor of Li Chen for bringing up the subject! With all do respect, I had no idea that this would go on like it has. When I posted the asian thing, I was only giving my opinion to the responses, and then I tried to change the subject, but the issue won't stop. I am of Asian descent (Chinese), so I noticed that there was this asian character in the show...and, obviously, being asian, I was excited...I pointed it out... and what a mistake that was! Sorry for that...Unbelievable...on and on and on and on and on and on...I give up!

------------------

Personally, I don't care what he did before he joined the staff and crew of B5LR. All I want to see is that the whole show succeed and keep the level we have come to expect from JMS. So, good luck to the guy, not to mention everyone else involved in the production!

------------------
"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end? It comes from within."

Acid_Freeze, and anyone really, if you want a topic closed email the forum moderator—that's what they're here for.

I looked over the Li Chen thread, and apart from one post which seems hostile, all the rest seems fine.

But Acid_Freeze started the topic, and I'll respect his right to want it closed. So I'll close that, and close this one behind me.

Remember the moderators are there for you everyone.
smile.gif

------------------
station.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Back