• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

Sindatur

Regular
Spoiler below

Episode 4 of S5 apparently has someone playing a Young Rousseau (and also Mira Furlan as Rousseau), plus it's got Montand and Robert in it also. Seems like we're finally getting to the meat of Rousseau's story.

I think she'll be good. She doesn't look "happy" to me! She looks kind of cranky. Haha.

LOL, Happy wasn't quite the word I was looking for, but, I couldn't find the word I really was looking for. Mira, while beautiful, has always shown evidence of a tragic or hard life on her face, this girl looks pretty innocent and like she's had an easy life. Of course, that could work well, if LOST intends to have a young Danielle carefree, and only gaining that look of a hard life after she got to the island

Even her name is similar. Weird.

The dead never rest on LOST.

Dang, I didn't even notice the name similarity

As far as the second statement, I'll refrain from commenting because it's a much larger spoiler that explains or answers your question.

Anyone who wants to look for the spoiler themselves can go to WWW.LostUser.com and look in the Spoilers sub forum

Or go to Darksource Site

Last edited:
Dang, I didn't even notice the name similarity

As far as the second statement, I'll refrain from commenting because it's a much larger spoiler that explains or answers your question.

Anyone who wants to look for the spoiler themselves can go to WWW.LostUser.com and look in the Spoilers sub forum

Or go to Darksource Site

Hmmm, do I want to look? .....maybe...

The comment was general in nature. Due to LOST's non-linear storytelling, we're constantly seeing dead people show up, the question is always, are they dead (Charlie), undead (Christian?), or simply not dead (Jin?????). For instance, I notice William Maopther (Ethan Rom) in the credits for this season's premier.

Good 1st episode, I thought. Honestly I'd be happy if this show just became Hurley and Ben Travel Through Time.

I'm gonna give Lost some props here- it seems most fans have lost interest, or think it's gotten to long or repetitive or whatever. But of the shows I've followed for a few years now, it's actually the only one I like as much as when I first started. Heroes sucks ass, even Battlestar lost me a lot, but Lost still delivers the goods. I think it's because while it never hit the highs of, say BSG (season 1 was awesome), it could never really hit deep lows, as long as stuck to its identity, which is to give us action and mysteries.

I'm more excited about Lost now than I was throughout its entire course. Things are actually happening and coming together. But, this is also the first season I have actually watched it on air. I saw the rest on DVD whenever it came out after the end of a season. I just can't wait for the DVD's anymore.

I'm still into Galactica, but I don't have as much confidence with Moore as I used to. He seems to fill up seasons with too much, well, "filler" for lack of better word, instead of focusing on things that fans are very curious about and want more of. (Season 3 is the perfect example there.)

Lost, however, I'm really liking! Hurley throwin' a hotpocket at Ben was uber-ninja!

Im not sure how WELL things are coming together, but they are moving things farther down the path. When this is all said and done, I wonder how many of the little tidbits and random island related things in the first couple of seasons will really matter in the end.

But I do like that it HAS been moving along, and I agree, it still does deliver the goods.

I am not happy with Lost.

Unlike JMS - who did have a plan, and did have an arc, the lost writers just wing it.

And this ep was just way to freaky...and do they answer the questions? or create new questions?

Hah!

I had a feeling someone would call this one out. Back in 2005 the Lost creators were busy telling fans how well they had things planned out. They specifically stated no Time Travel or anything like that.

OOPS! I think they got caught with their Bullshit down around their ankles.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/handheld/30246.html

Damon Lindelof, co-creator of ABC's hit series Lost, told SCI FI Wire that he and fellow executive producers J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk have carefully worked out the answers to the castaway island's mysteries, including the nature of the unseen jungle monster, some of which may be revealed by the end of the first season. "Every mystery that we present on the show?What is the monster? Where does Ethan come from? Why hasn't Claire had her baby yet??all those are questions that we know the answers to," Lindelof told reporters at the network's winter press tour in Universal City, Calif. "But how and when we present those answers is not written in stone. ... Hopefully we ... won't betray the audience. ... All I can say is, we're trying, we're doing our best, and we think the answers that we have are pretty cool."

Lindelof said that a DVD set of the first season will come out this summer, before a second season begins in the fall. As the show progresses, he added, it won't venture too far into science fiction as its mysteries unfold. "We're still trying to be ... firmly ensconced in the world of science fact," he said in an interview. "I don't think we've shown anything on the show yet ... that has no rational explanation in the real world that we all function within. We certainly hint at psychic phenomena, happenstance and ... things being in a place where they probably shouldn't be. But nothing is flat-out impossible. There are no spaceships. There isn't any time travel."

As the first season winds up, expect guest stars, including former The X-Files star Robert Patrick, Lindelof said. "I think part of the fun of our show is that guest stars can pop up in flashbacks, and it'll be a real surprise to the audience," he said. "Instead of stunting it or promo'ing it that way, to suddenly see Robert Patrick on an episode of Lost, I think, is potentially very exciting for people. I'm kind of sorry that slipped out." Patrick appears in a scene during a flashback involving Sawyer (Josh Holloway). What about Keri Russell, who starred in Abrams' earlier series, Felicity? "Well, I don't know if she'll turn up on Lost or [Abrams' other ABC show] Alias or anything, but her and J.J. are always threatening to work together again, so it could happen anytime or anywhere. Keep your eyes peeled." Lost airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Hah!

I had a feeling someone would call this one out. Back in 2005 the Lost creators were busy telling fans how well they had things planned out. They specifically stated no Time Travel or anything like that.

OOPS! I think they got caught with their Bullshit down around their ankles.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/handheld/30246.html

Well, they said "yet", so, I think they left themselves a little wiggle-room, even if they were being deliberately misleading, they could always spin it to say they didn't actually lie, they were speaking as of that point (Although I grant you they were actually lying)

I am not happy with Lost.

Unlike JMS - who did have a plan, and did have an arc, the lost writers just wing it.

If we rejected every show that didn't have a multi-year arc that the writers didn't just "wing," we'd be left with nothing but our Babylon 5 DVDs.

Well, they said "yet", so, I think they left themselves a little wiggle-room, even if they were being deliberately misleading, they could always spin it to say they didn't actually lie, they were speaking as of that point (Although I grant you they were actually lying)

I've seen some take that stance and point that out. But I think when you are on the first season of a show that you are marketing to be a deep, intricate, planned, and sweeping mystery you shouldn't speak disparagingly of concepts you haven't introduced yet, if you plan on bringing them in. Put a different way, if he really did already know Time Travel was involved somewhere in the islands story, then he shouldn't have spoken derisively of the concept. However, I think the fact he was so dismissive, not only of that concept, but of other "sci-fi" concepts as well is a clear display that he hadn't included any such concepts in his back story. That he has changed it now indicates that, far from his earlier claims, he didn't know where he was going.

I partially agree with GKE. If you flat out expect every show to have such planned stories, there will be nothing out there. However, I disagree in that when this show came out, it was HEAVILY marketed at how deep the mysteries of the island were, how everything had an explaination, and of how well planned out it was. They used THAT to get viewers even more into the show. To start finding out that was all BS (as many expected) cheapens things a lot, and really ruins the credibility of the writing staff.

That all being said, I have ENJOYED the last season or so of Lost more than prior ones. I also don't mind the time travel concept...as long as they don't get too crazy with it and too dues ex machina with it as an answer to everything (seems early on that they are trying for that). I just have an issue with how the show was originally portrayed, and it seriously make me doubt the creators of the show for anything they do in the future (especially JJ Abrams, who clearly had no idea what he was doing with cool things he started in Alias, and never finished).

Thats where I was going with all of that....

Ah, see, I didn't follow the show from the beginning, I got on the bandwagon way after. I think the previous season was when I actually started watching them as they aired, so I was not along for the big pop culture phenomenon was it was when it first started. Therefore I don't really care what they said before and how people felt about the marketing or whatever. I just want more Hurley, more Locke, and another polar bear or two would be nice.

With the time travel, I don't know that that's it exactly (truth be told.) I think it's just that the island is caught in some sort of time-stasis. It's another quest for immortality in a sense--something that Abrams has dabbled with in Alias (though he failed so miserably in that regard with all the Rambaldi crap that NEVER panned out.) Maybe he's trying for a do-over on Lost.

Either way, I'm in for the long haul. Unless they kill Hurley, ice Saywer and hack Locke up to bits, I'm there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back