• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

"All of this has been hard to follow before, and all of it will be hard to follow again."

No, I didn't mess up the threads, it just feels like the right opening text for "Lost". ;)

So, Ben killed Locke after going into so much trouble to persuade him not commit suicide.He's been telling John how "special" he is for 2 or 3 seasons and now he killed him with no hesitation just for knowing about Faraday's mother. :wtf:

So, Ben killed Locke after going into so much trouble to persuade him not commit suicide.He's been telling John how "special" he is for 2 or 3 seasons and now he killed him with no hesitation just for knowing about Faraday's mother. :wtf:

Ben shot Locke without hesitation when he found out Locke was "special" for hearing Jacob. Some things are confusing about Ben, such as why did he turn the wheel and banish himself? He seemed to believe it was what Jacob wanted. Did Ben just want to know where Locke was going before he could kill him, or did the mention of Hawking's name shock him into that action? And since this occurred earlier, was Ben even in contact with Hawking at that time? Will we see their initial meeting? I'm sure we'll find out.

I can't wait to see Ben's bug eyes pop out when he gets a load of Locke next week - or, disappointingly, will Ben be expecting it?

Locke needed to die. I don't know if Ben believed this at first, or believed he was "special." Perhaps the mention of Hawkings' name finally gave him that confirmation. Or, he was told (from someone in the future?) of a certain situation in which he would have to act, and he acted.

Either way, Ben is never so easily black/white. I do believe he does everything for the island. I am still in the Ben camp at present. I don't believe that Whidmore is a good guy. I will trust Desmond's instincts on this one and not trust Whidmore.

Either way, things worked out. John is "alive" on the island. Perhaps he will become the next Jacob in a sense--taking Christian Shepherd's place.

Locke needed to die. I don't know if Ben believed this at first, or believed he was "special." Perhaps the mention of Hawkings' name finally gave him that confirmation. Or, he was told (from someone in the future?) of a certain situation in which he would have to act, and he acted.

Either way, Ben is never so easily black/white. I do believe he does everything for the island. I am still in the Ben camp at present. I don't believe that Whidmore is a good guy. I will trust Desmond's instincts on this one and not trust Whidmore.

Either way, things worked out. John is "alive" on the island. Perhaps he will become the next Jacob in a sense--taking Christian Shepherd's place.

Which I'm guessing Ben might have known - so he could still possibly be not completely evil? The slimy bastard.

Or the original Jacob, since I believe everyone on the main island and on the Hydra island are currently in the 70s.

Saw this post on another site. Not sure I fully understand all of it, but a lot of it makes sense. Its threading it together that will be tough.

Note this is only a working theory for the whole Cabin/Jacob/Opposing Forces trying to control the island/coming war aspect. Doesnt explain the MYSTERIES of the island.

---------------------

I have a working theory or rather way too much time on my hands about what is going on;

There are two forces on the Island; Jacob and whatever the heck Christian is. When we first see the interior of Jacob's cabin in "The Man behind the curtain" the camera takes time to point out the mason jars on the windowsill, the dog painting and the rocking chair. When we see "Jacob's" cabin again in "Cabin Fever" none of those things are there but instead we get a big stuffed chair in which Claire is sitting in. Not only that, every time Jacob's cabin appears there is a circle of iron filings around it. However, when we see Locke go look for the cabin, he finds the circle but no cabin. And then in "Cabin Fever" Locke finds the cabin again but it has no circle.

There are two cabins.

It was the other force who said, "Help me" to Locke and not Jacob. And this is why Ben didn't hear it since he is with Jacob. In fact, Locke freed the other force by bringing in the flashlight in the cabin. Technology, or better yet, the batteries within the flashlight disrupted the balance and put it in favor of Christian. The other force, Christian, escapes.

Widmore is with the other force. That's the reason why he was kicked off the Island. Not because Ben kicked him out but because Jacob kicked him out. He is the "him" that Widmore mentioned in "I was exiled by
him." What I think happened was that Widmore had a deal with Dharma Initiative to take over the Island from Jacob and Alpert. In turn, not only would the other force of the Island help Widmore but with the DI, he would rule the outside world as well. Because who ever controls the Island has the power over space and time. Basically, you become a god. However, this backfired. Widmore and his followers were exiled with Hawking being one of his followers. And DI was cleansed from Island. Think of it like the renegade angels being banished from heaven after Lucifer became too big for his britches. The not-Jacob was imprisoned on the Island.

Now Jacob has told Ben that Locke would be coming to the Island. And that the man is actually an unknowing pawn of Widmore. See, future Widmore realizes that when he first met Locke, Locke said, "Jacob sent me." Only that since Locke was from the future, Jacob didn't send him but the other force did. However, to make sure that Locke gets to the Island, he sends Abandon to make the arrangements for Locke. Because Locke is the tie between Widmore and the force on the Island, therefore, the Island, itself. Jacob tells Ben that the other force will try to take over and will get Locke to move the wheel. If Locke does this, the Island goes to Widmore. Jacob says that no matter what Ben has to prevent Locke from turning the wheel.

Even if it means Ben turning the wheel himself and being shoved into exile. Ben doesn't like this and tries to steer away from the plan. He gets cancer which is Jacob's way of saying, "You better listen to me, boy." Ben tries to kill Locke to prevent him from turning the wheel. But the other force who took the form of Walt saves Locke. Ben realizes that he has to tail Locke. He allows himself to become Locke's prisoner. Which is why Harper told Juilet that Ben is "exactly where he wants to be."

Then the mercenaries comes and Locke goes to the cabin. He's told to move the Island. Ben knows that this is exactly what Jacob told him would happen. Ben tricks Locke into allowing him to turn the wheel. The Island goes "bloop".

Now off the Island, Ben keeps an eye on the 06 to make sure Widmore doesn't hurt them or use them as a way to get back on the Island. Ben believes because he turned the wheel Jacob is back in charge. Locke is the leader of the Others. The Island is safe from Widmore.

Then Locke comes back to the regular world. Widmore is the first to find him. Widmore thinks that Locke knows exactly what is going on and that Christian told him everything. Which is why he said that "him" remark. However, after Locke said, "Richard told me I was supposed to die." Widmore realizes that Locke is still a pawn in the dark and plays along. "I don't know why he said that." Out of all the people on this show, I think it's a safe bet to say whatever Jacob wants Richard wants. So if Widmore is against Richard's words, he is against Jacob.

When Ben finds out Locke is in the regular world, he is at first in awe. He thinks since Jacob is in control of the Island, he can return home. But then he hears that Jin survive. Ben knows that Jin was not supposed to have survived the freighter blow-up. Time which is supposed to be fix is unraveling. And if time is unraveling so is space. And if that is happening, we are all screwed. But Ben knows that Locke can somehow fix things. He is the key to everything. (Yeah, puns are happening. Locke is the key.)

But then Locke tells Ben that he is suppose to find Hawking. It is then that Ben realizes that Jacob is not in charge of the Island but Christian is. And Locke has returned to be used as a bridge between Widmore and Christian. This is why Ben kills Locke. To prevent the man from meeting Hawking, who Ben is sure is still in cahoots with Widmore. Ben knows that once Locke returns to the Island he will come alive again. This is why he took the body from the funeral parlor and placed it in the care of an Other. He needed someone to guard Locke so that Widmore and Hawking could not tamper with the body.

However, this backfires. Hawking is indeed in cahoots with Widmore. She tells Jack to put something of his father's on Locke's body so that Locke can be "a proxy for Christian." This is why Hawking didn't want Ben to hear the conversation.

Now Ben knows that he has to return to the Island. His turning of the wheel was in vain. He has to help Jacob gain control of the Island before Widmore gets it.

That's it.

Widmore is evil. Ben is good in the grayest sense. And Locke is the key to everything.

Another weird theory which may or may not be true, and not sure how it fits into the above:

locke-jacob.jpg

That's a very logicall analysis indeed, thanks Recoil.

The person who wrote this must be a player of quest games, like "Myst" or "Riven". It's amazing how he/she saw all of these small details like the jars and the difference between the chairs.

Christian, Widmore and Hawking against Jacob, Ben and the woman from the meat store. Locke, Jack and all the others are just pawns in their war for the island. It really makes sense. In fact it's the best theory I've heard since the first season of "Lost" in 2004.

Not that it's so important but I think it's time for the producers to consider a new child actor playing Walt. He's supposed to be 12 years old now, but the actor is already 15 or 16.

Last edited:
That's a very logicall analysis indeed, thanks Recoil.

The person who wrote this must be a player of quest games, like "Myst" or "Riven". It's amazing how he/she saw all of these small details like the jars and the difference between the chairs.

Christian, Widmore and Hawking against Jacob, Ben and the woman from the meat store. Locke, Jack and all the others are just pawns in their war for the island. It really makes sense. In fact it's the best theory I've heard since the first season of "Lost" in 2004.

Not that it's so important but I think it's time for the producers to consider a new child actor playing Walt. He's supposed to be 12 years old now, but the actor is already 15 or 16.

Well, more time has passed for Walt. Everyone who was "rescued" from the island (Jack, Kate, etc) left and 3 years have passed. On the island itself, it wasn't 3 years. Furthermore, Walt left before the others by what? Quite a while (weeks/months.) That could equal a few more years to cover the hugeness of Walt's super growth hormones. :)

Someone put so much thought into that explanation that I'm just gonna assume it's correct.

I felt that the Walt cameo was just a bone to fans who've been wondering what his deal is. The story just moved past him after implying he was this big deal, so this was a way of telling us they dropped that thread.

From what we know so far, we can conclude that Jacob and Christian Shephard do not have physical bodies and have similar characteristics to ghosts (Vorlons, Shadows).

There is a possibility that they are dead and what we actually see are their souls or something like that. Maybe the island doesn't let people die completely and that's why Locke was revived. If this is true, then it's possible for us to see the entire cast of the show again (Boone, Danielle Rouseau, Charlie), because their "souls" are going to wander all over the island.

This could be the reason why Hurley is constantly seeing dead people and why the "ghostbuster" Miles was included in Widmore's team of scientists. I think that pretty soon Locke will find out that he's not fully alive, but he's just a consciousness with no body.

What a crazy show!!! :)

Last edited:
Oh, and when that Abaddon guy appeared in last week's episode and was driving Locke around, I just KNEW he was going to die. How did I know this? Because he is now one of the lead characters on a different TV show on a different network. :)

They had to sign off that character somehow instead of just letting him disappear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back