• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Did ya get any b5 for christmas?

I finally got the Technomage Trilogy of books. Finally someone checked my Amazon wish list! :D

My brother is with his x and kids so i can watch in peace :D He is not a fan :eek:. Every day B5 came out on DVD was Christmas. ;).

Season 4 DVD boxset. I am arranging a marathon for eps 122 through 421 this January. That should capture enough of the arc to drive me insane (and teach my girlfriend all she doesnt know about B5)

Season 3 DVDs. Though I had to go and get them myself when I saw them in the sale as my parents were busy. Finally got to unwrap them yesterday. I am slowly getting all the DVDs :)

The only B5 I ever get is what I get for myself....Wait a minute! That's not quite right. One time, somebody got me the "Ragged Edge" soundtrack CD (back when they were on the shelves of music stores).

Shocked the Hell out of me. :eek:

See, people usually assume I already got every B5 item for myself, and don't bother looking around for B5 stuff. I got gloves and a scarf, candy bars (various, all dark chocolate :D), and homemade cookies, biscotti, and nutroll. :D

No B5, but some very nice Jason Carter :D

I got the DVD of Jim Henson's Storyteller, with the episode 'Hans my Hedgehog'. In it, the hedgehog sheds his skin at night to reveal Jason with no clothes on :devil:

I also got a sword, so quite happy.

Hello one and all, it's one of those first post moments.....

I'm slowly catching up with the Babylon 5 R2 DVD releases (I used to be a big fan when the show was being run on Channel 4 in the UK), so I asked for the Season 2 boxed set for Christmas.

It looks a good set, but a couple of niggles (besides the up-turned Minbari Warcruiser on the booklet) - Why is the menu music so slow, and what happened to 'The Coming of Shadows'? The SFX scenes look like they've been 'shredded' (I've read a couple of posts here about it already - does anyone know if anything was done about this problem?)

All the best
Ian

It looks a good set, but a couple of niggles (besides the up-turned Minbari Warcruiser on the booklet)

Heh, heh, heh. Wait 'till you get to the Movie Collection set, and all of the art on the discs (at least on the R1 discs) is from Season 5, not the movies that are actually on the discs.

- ... and what happened to 'The Coming of Shadows'? The SFX scenes look like they've been 'shredded' (I've read a couple of posts here about it already - does anyone know if anything was done about this problem?)

shredded? :confused: I'm looking at my R1 discs, but do you mean the shimmering seen, for example, when B5 is rotating fairly close-up, and the straight lines that form the station panels seem to wiggle a bit? That's supposedly an artifact of the enlarging the 4:3 CGI to fit the left-to-right edge of the 16:9 widescreen frame, and letting the top and bottom overflow the frame. On the B5 Laserdiscs and the Crusade DVD set (which show the full 4:3 CGI area), that artifact isn't there.

Got the Crusade DVDs. Haven't had the chance to open the box yet :mad:

Careful. They use Buffy Season 2 hubs that hang onto the discs for dear life.
btvss2hub1.jpg
The Push tab only releases one of the pins. Be careful you don't fumble the disc when trying to get it off the hub and maybe scratch the disc. :eek:

With Buffy Season 3,
btvss3hub.jpg
...they went back to the Season 1 hub design.
btvss1hub.jpg

I just watched the first eposide last night, man I miss this show. Also, just looked at Amazon and Crusade is still ranked #146 after close to a month, not to bad... :D

Everyone have a GREAT New Year.

Cerberus

I did not get B5 for Christmas. However, I did get some money for Christmas, and after thinking about what to do with it, I decided to get a double DVD feature of In the Beginning/The Gathering .
I ordered it through a record store, and went into town to pick it up today.
I was on my way home in the bus, and I thought that I would have a look at it. Opening up the DVD case, I found - a blank disc. No picture on the disc, no title - nothing. I thought 'Hello - someone goofed here and put it in upside down." I popped the disc out of the case and turned it over. The other side was blank as well.
I couldn't get figure it out. Had someone goofed and given me a blank disc? Had I inadvertantly gotten a pirate copy - the store I had ordered from is quite a reputable one.
I got it home, and put it in my DVD-player. The menu for "In the Beginning" came up. It seemed okay - everything was there - except for "The Gathering"
I finally figured it out, took the disc over, turned it over, and put back in the player. And there was "The Gathering"
But this is certainly a first for me. A double-sided DVD that works like one of those old vinyl records. Has anyone else encountered one of these - whether B5 or something else. And why would it be done? The two movies together come to about three hours. I have movies on DVD that are as long - or longer than that. And they fit quite comfortably on on disc.
Have I somehow gotten a pirate copy? Should I return it to the shop?

Nope, it's not a pirate copy. The The Gathering/In The Beginning DVD is a double sided one, and it's rather stupid, in my personal opinion.

Run Lola Run is a double sided disc too, and that movie isn't long at all, they just decided to put the widescreen on one side and fullscreen on the other side.

Personally, I find such double sided DVDs to be quite annoying.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back