• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New BattleStar Galactica

Yes Jan, I can buy into that. In some episodes, where the original mythological ideas shone through the corporate family crap, the old series was cracking and is a big part of my childhood. The Gun on Ice Planet Zero, the whole thing with Count Iblis and his hinted links to the Cylon's origins, not to mention the Pegasus. It was cracking space opera for TV.

Thankfully, I've blanked out Hector and Vector, any children and the Daggits. And Galactica 1980.

I love the new version for totally different reasons. Two very different approaches to a killer sci-fi concept. Wouldn't it be great if fans of both could just hug and get along ? Maybe even try a bit of cuddling, intimate touching ? Hmm ? See past all that pain... all you need is love.

Buck Rogers
Knight Rider
The Fall Guy
The A Team

Its funny cuz 3 out of 4 on that list have or will be re-made. I just read yesterday:

Do they, or don't they have the rights? Nu Image/Millennium Films told IGN that no deal is in place yet, but now Variety says that Nu Image/Millennium Films has acquired film rights to "Buck Rogers," and will develop a live-action feature about the venerable pilot who awakens in the 25th Century and battles evil.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ron Moore tackle Buck rogers iin the 25th century, now there is a series that could use a makeover from the drek that was the original.

I really enjoyed the first season of Buck Rogers. The second season I could live without but there were a few interesting episodes. The novelization of the 2 hour original tv pilot was much more dark and foreboding that the show was. It was actually quite good from what I remember.

And by the way, I own the first season of The Fall Guy on dvd. :)

Other than space and lasers, the original Battlestar Galactica and even Buck Rogers weren't really sci-fi. They were an early 80s Prime Time series like any other of the time. Like "Knight Rider". Like "The Fall Guy". Like "The A Team". They fit into that specific genre more than today's sci-fi. THATS my point.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think sci-fi shares a trait with the Western genre... the films and tv series are always reflective of the modern politics/culture of the country thatproduces them. Which is why you had Buck Rogers "Stayin Alive" in the 25th Century Discotheque.

But to compare original BSG to the new BSG is absolute lunacy. They are two completely different shows.

Totally agree there though.

If you want to blame anyone for the original BSG not lasting more than season... point the finger at George "ooh look they are fighting in space and firing red laser beams... they must be plagiarising me" Lucas.

Much as I love Star Wars, I really get the impression Lucas is more than a little paranoid about copywrite.

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century was, of course, already a remake/re-imagining of the old film series and comics from the 30s(?).

You are correct sir. There was a comic strip that started things, then there was the serials in the 30s staring Buster Crabb (who also portrayed Flash Gordon in the 30s serials, which he was more known for.

You are correct sir. There was a comic strip that started things, then there was the serials in the 30s staring Buster Crabb (who also portrayed Flash Gordon in the 30s serials, which he was more known for.

IIRC Buster Crabb made a cameo appearance in Buck Rogers in the 25th century... he plays a veteran pilot who pulls off a funk manouver that impresses Gil Geratd'sBuck.

He did, and his characters name was "Brigadier Gordon" and obvious reference to his alter-ego Flash Gordon.

And didn't Anne Lockheart, who played Sheba in the orignal BSG make a guest appearance on Buck Rogers as a love interest?

I had such a crush on her and Erin Grey

Galahd yes and I think that was Buster Crabb's last performance,I think died not long aftewards though Im not sure, the man was great though as Flash Gordon, Tarzan or Buck Rodgers.

Jonny yes Anne Lockhart did make an appearence in Buck Rodger, She was surgicaly altered to look like his love interest from the 20th century. I t was part of a plot to kill Buck. The last thing that i saw her in was the Fantasy Movie troll , her mother June was in it as well they both played the same character older and younger versions of a sorceress named Eunice, who befrineds a young man name Harry Potter Jr, yes you heard it correct, that was his name. She teaches him to use magic to battle an evil Troll, Itits a great little fantasy film.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back