• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Christopher Franke to compose B5LR music

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">Christopher Franke to compose B5LR music</font>
<font size="3">The popular composer is back to work on the new project</font>

Voters in B5LR.com's current opinion poll will be pleased—their wish has come true. In our current poll, which asks who you want to compose music for B5LR, Christopher Franke leads with over 70% of the votes. Well, JMS has announced that Christopher will be composing the music for the new show.

JMS was actually very subtle in announcing the news. In an email to the moderated newsgroup entitled "...by the way....", he simply states, "...did I mention that Chris Franke is doing the music for the new B5 project?"

Thanks to Zoriah at the messageboard for the tip-off!

I am a B5's french fan and I am very happy. I love C. Franke's music. It's ideal to dream and to write (I am an authoress in France).
I'll inform all french fans. That's great news !!! ;-)

------------------
From France
www.quazar-millenium.com

Thank the Great Maker! The very first few seconds of "Crusade" I could instantly asertain that Christopher Franke's signature was not there. So I am extremely looking forward to Chris Franke's "calling card" on the new Ranger series. His style and vision adds the magic touch! I wonder if Sonic Images will release Franke's work as they did on the B5 series. Anyone know?

------------------

That is excellent news....
He most certainly helped give the Babylon 5 viewer every emotion the show called for at the time, mystery, action, sorrow, hope, despair, glory, etc....
Not many people can do that consistantly with music but Mr. Franke pulled it off flawlessly....IMO anyway

------------------

At last,with the awful clunk and whistles that was Crusade were back to the only man from Tangerine Dream to make it....CHRIS FRANKE....YIPPPEEE!!!!
The man helped put even more emotion into B5 with the music,how can we ever forget the stirring music for the Battle Of The Line,or when Sheridan fights Earth in Severed Dreams,or the sad music employed for the destruction of the B5 station and Sheridans death in Sleeping In Light.Roll on some great music for LotR.Now I definately can't wait!

------------------
Valen

Woohoo!!! *does a little dance* Woohoowoohoowoohoo!!!! Now THAT is the best news that I have heard in a while!! That is SOOOOOOOOO great!! My dreams have come true. More Franke music!!!!!! I hope that means more B5 cd's. I would like to see the extended versions of all of the season themes to be released. They are all sooo very good!! I have the B5 cd 2 which has all of the seasons themes, even Voices of Authority, which isn't listed as Season 5 because the cd came out before the season did. Ohhh, again, this is fabulous news!!! I'm an extremely happy Ivanova right now.
smile.gif
Maybe that's also because I just finished one of my hardest finals...anthro. I had to deal with the Australopithecus, Paranthropus, and of course, Homo. Heh, oh well, I feel great!!
laugh.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

I watched a bit of Crusade and I thought that there was some kind of sound trouble with my tv. I didn't realize that that was the music. I could produce the same effect by banging 2 pots together. I'm glad we're back to the same guy we had in B5.
crazy.gif

------------------

Hey -- I liked Crusades pot, pans, clunks, and whistles!
smile.gif

Chen approaches music from a more percussive/rythmic perspective I though fit Crusade pretty well (aside from his horrid, flat scoring of battle scenes). I hope if Crusade returns, Chen gets a chance to grow into the job like Franke did.

Having said that, I'm enthusiastically looking forward to more B5 music from Franke. During seasons three and four, he was at the top of his game. Great powerful stuff there.

Anyone else hear the music he did for the cancelled Sierra game (Main Theme and Battle Sequences A-F)? The main theme is on the Best of B5 CD. I think the battle sequences were only released as Liquid Audio Tracks. Not quite up to episode quality, but I can close my eyes and the imagine B5LR action.
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

yeah...I have that CD. Thay music would kick ass for theme music for season 1 rangers....too bad most never heard it.

------------------
"im off to pinch a loaf"

Crusade, as a series, was pretty poor. I love B5, but Crusade made little sense, had an awful sound track and certainly had no fan favorite characters. The only one out of the whole lot that could act was the negative archaelogist. The writing was unbearable. I remember watching it while the Drak (pathetic costumes) and humans may have been fighting in orbit of a planet. I'm not quite sure because it was like the camera guy was flipping through the channels of a satelite tv there were so many scenes. Down on the surface...And on the ship at the same time was our craptacular captain. He asks the technomage to come with him and the mage says "Who are you? Where are you going?" I half expected the captain to yell I'M GOING BACK TO MY FRIGGIN SHIP YOU MORON. Was this supposed to be profound in any way? I think the show had a great premise...It's a shame it was botched horribly.

Who thinks Morden is a good portrait for me?

------------------

I already heard that news about Chris Franke doing the music for the Ranger project at another bulletin board. When I did, I was like Ivanova here and wanted to do a little dance
laugh.gif
cool.gif
I was very happy to hear that news!
smile.gif
Franke's music is just plain awesome, and it fits the mood of the show to a "T". I have several of his Babylon 5 CD's and I love to listen to them. I hope they make one for the Ranger movie too. I would snatch that up in a heartbeat!
smile.gif

------------------

Ivanova said everything I felt when I heard the news.
I only now got around reading this listing so let me add my sentiments to the posts.
YAAAAHOOOOOOOO! ::doing shimmy dance around room::
I think the only thing people agreed on for Crusade was the music. I was watching A Call To Arms the other day and had my copy of In the Beginning running and strangely enough the music coincided with what was going on the screen. It made all the difference in the world!

Bestest news since the announcement of LOTR!

------------------
PM
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us."
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PMvanova:
I think the only thing people agreed on for Crusade was the music.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope. Sorry. I did think the music in Crusade was awful in places, but there were also moments of brilliance, and over all I liked it.

Franke doing the music for the Ranger movie brings the following song to my mind, the one that goes: "Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!" When I think about him doing Legend's music, I could just do that (Except for the make love part because I'm single!). <See RW do a crazy, happy dance>. I'm just floating on a cloud knowing Franke will be doing the Ranger music. He is just plain awesome!
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

The only places where I could tolerate Crusade's mucic were.......I'm afraid I'll have to get back to you on that one.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back