B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old February 24th 08, 14:50   #1
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad
Primeval

I'm loving the show, that has now finished it's second series.

You'll be getting it in the US come August.

They ended the last series on a really big twist (that depressed me) and they have as yet not resolved that plotline (in my head I can't see how they can resolve it favourably, in my heart... I hope they do anyway).

They ended this series on a completely different but equally gripping twist.

Apparently most of the plots are going to resolve by the end of next series... and they will decide on future series based on the popularity from season to season.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th 08, 21:10   #2
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Re: Primeval

Keep missing it, but when I catch it, it always entertains. Season 1 was better as Hannah from S Club 7 was always in her underwear, but season 2 has great monsters. Good Saturday evening brain fluff that keeps me happy till Dr Who returns.

And i'm loving Torchwood season 2.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th 08, 00:04   #3
Galahad
First One

Send a message via MSN to Galahad Send a message via Yahoo to Galahad Send a message via Skype™ to Galahad

The future bat predator is one of the most stunningly realized fictional evolutionary concepts I've seen on TV.

"We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Old February 25th 08, 09:46   #4
darth_librarian
Psi Cop

Is that back ? That thing rocked. The show benefits from having some fairly hefty scientific nouse behind the wirting and effects.

"There's no point debating anything online. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering."
- Charlie Brooker
darth_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th 08, 19:46   #5
Galahad
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_librarian View Post
Is that back ? That thing rocked. The show benefits from having some fairly hefty scientific nouse behind the wirting and effects.
You just missed the entire series... where were you?

If you are lucky you should catch the final episode repeated Saturday lunch time.

It's confirmed for a third season though and the DVD is out nowi think.

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Old September 14th 08, 15:01   #6
Cell
Telepath

Quite the awesome series 1 finale, I really didn't see any of the twists coming and they really worked. This was a show that I merely liked at first, but it really grew on me week by week into a show that I considered well worth making sure to check out, and I'm really looking forward to the beginning of series 2 next week.
"When you have reached the end of the road then you can decide whether to go to the left or the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road it will take you nowhere." - Galen
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th 09, 00:12   #7
Galahad
First One

AllI can say is....

*sniff*

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Old June 18th 09, 23:30   #8
Galahad
First One

Just a note to any transatlantic types who still watch the series...

ITV axed it earlier this week.... purely as a cost saving exercise. The writers/producers vow to try and let it continue in some form in the future.

It needs to be wrapped because there's a huge cliffhanger involving three of the characters.

I don't mind if they finish it up as long as they resolve the plot strands.

I still wish they hadn't lost my two favourite characters.

I have to say the future of television looks a little bleak... especially for our most beloved genre. Expect oodles of reality tv and makeover shows... and cheap tosh like Loose Women and Jeremy Kyle.

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY
Old June 19th 09, 00:12   #9
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Just a note to any transatlantic types who still watch the series...

ITV axed it earlier this week.... purely as a cost saving exercise. The writers/producers vow to try and let it continue in some form in the future.

It needs to be wrapped because there's a huge cliffhanger involving three of the characters.

I don't mind if they finish it up as long as they resolve the plot strands.

I still wish they hadn't lost my two favourite characters.

I have to say the future of television looks a little bleak... especially for our most beloved genre. Expect oodles of reality tv and makeover shows... and cheap tosh like Loose Women and Jeremy Kyle.
Bummer, S3 just started on BBCA a few weeks back. So, S3 is it, and ends in a cliff hanger?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th 09, 00:22   #10
Galahad
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindatur View Post
Bummer, S3 just started on BBCA a few weeks back. So, S3 is it, and ends in a cliff hanger?

Yes S3 is the last.

A few main plots are resolved but there is a cliffhanger, yes.

If you have just started... prepare yourself for some unexpected plot turns.

Visit NiCK'S SANCTUARY