• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 Episodes you Love that others hate ?

I know everyone has their favorite's but do you like an epsiode of Babylon 5 that most others seem to detest ? My pick Infection thi this one has really grown on me to be one of my favorites of season one .What are yours ?

Yeah, I'll go along with TKO too. I don't exactly love it, but I do give it a B- when a lot of people think it's among the series' worst episodes.

Not a whole lot of candidates for this category. There aren't too many episodes that most people hate.

What I hate in TKO is how they specifically forbid fights for humans. I mean, in space humans are only one of the races, not the most powerful, not the center of the universe, and in reality such restriction would be strange. I mean, why humans? Why not the mighty Minbari? Or Centauri? Or Narns?

Also I don't like when characters sometimes call aliens aliens... I mean, they live among them - they are no longer aliens.

These small cliches annoy me a little bit, and TKO is the concentration of such annoyances...

I like the generally disliked TKO as well, and the fact that humans are barred from the Mutai is part of what I like about it. They are barred because they are arrogant newcomers, who have not yet proved that they have honor, or the strength of will required. Also, the humans demonstrate racism, or should I say speciesism? ;) to sentients from other worlds. Remember Walker-Smith calling them "snake heads?" So, humans not accepting other sentients as equals, are in turn rejected. By the end, this situation is on the road to change. There are parallels with accepting Americans into the asian martial arts. I think sumo was the last to admit non-Japanese. Good ep for a TV show, just not as great as many B5 eps.

Also, the humans demonstrate racism, or should I say speciesism?

"Xenophobia" might be a suitable word: "fear or contempt of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples."

Intersections in Real Time. I was actually really surprised when I found out how many people disliked it.

Grey 17 is Missing. I find Jeremiah rather amusing. Plus the Marcus/Neroon confrontation is just too good to miss. So yeah, the Zarg is ridiculous, but there were redeeming qualities to this ep.

Along with TKO (especially the Ivanova story) I'll add Believers, A View from the Gallery and Soul Mates.

I LOVED "A View from the Gallery." It was a point of view most other sci-fi shows don't try, even though they should. I would've loved to have seen one like that from DS9 or TNG. SG-1 sort of attempted it with the hilarious first episode featuring Felger & Coombs, but the episode still featured the main actors quite a bit.

What the HECK :eek:is wrong with Intersections in Real Time??? It was amazing! Very cleverly filmed to be completely disorientating, and some of Bruce's most phenomenal acting, IMHO. That "beat the system" conversation was really some of the best TV I've seen. Very intrigued to hear the negative opinion on this.

I liked Gallery a lot too, though sometimes the hokey dialogue was too corny. I liked Day of the Dead, too, and The Corps is Mothers, and both media eps, all the weird and different ones that seem to split people.

I LOVED "A View from the Gallery." It was a point of view most other sci-fi shows don't try, even though they should. I would've loved to have seen one like that from DS9 or TNG.
TNG *did* do one. I don't remember many of their titles, but there was one that was centered around a group of 4 or 5 ensigns just getting their feet under them ... getting their performance reviews from Worf et al .... a Bajoran one gets approached by Picard about doing a covert mission .....

It's all told from that group's POV rather than the normal command structure. Not a bad ep of TNG.

What the HECK :eek:is wrong with Intersections in Real Time???
I agree, but I also know that there are people who can't stand watching it *because* it is so well done. It can be painful to watch someone going through that kind of interrogation .... one that is designed not to just get information, but to completely beat you down and break you.

What the HECK :eek:is wrong with Intersections in Real Time??? It was amazing! Very cleverly filmed to be completely disorientating, and some of Bruce's most phenomenal acting, IMHO. That "beat the system" conversation was really some of the best TV I've seen. Very intrigued to hear the negative opinion on this.

Personally I believe Intersections in Real Time is an excellent episode, as is the one with Sebastian (Which to me is the other side of the mirror).

However, these episodes are very intense, and for me, personally, they are rough upon repeat viewings. So, not bad episodes, just really heavy viewing that is difficult.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back