• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Anybody catch Melissa G on "Nip/Tuck"?

Anybody catch Melissa G on \"Nip/Tuck\"?

I guess little Laura Ingalls really is all grown up. :) I never really watched Little House, but I do vaguely remember her father having a nickname for here. Wan't it "Peanut"? I'll bet that's going to sound creepy to folks watching the reruns now. :)

Regards,

Joe

Re: Anybody catch Melissa G on \"Nip/Tuck\"?

Yeah, half-pint I love Melissa Gilbert. I always liked to see her on Howard Stern. She would sass Howard like there was no tomorrow and he loved it. She was one of his favorite guests.

Yeah, I saw it. I told you you were going to fall off the couch, Joe! :)

I know you wrote about this somewhere, which is how I knew she was going to record the episode, but I forgot what you said and can't remember which board or which thread you said it in - so I couldn't follow-up there. :)

Well, I ddn't fall off the couch, but I did raise an eyebrow and get a serious chuckle out of it. (Although I also almost lost dinner during the surgery scene - a reminder of why I don't usually watch this show.) The thing is that Nip/Tuck is such a freakshow that things that would be shocking on most shows just seem like business as usual, no matter who the guest star is. Also I knew exactly what she had been up to from the "I was breaking up a fight" scene, because the character was so clearly lying about something, so the "twist" ending wasn't that much of a surprise.

I did like the way they went for as much misdirection as they could, letting the dialogue suggest that the husband was a controlling, possibly abusive caricature of a miilitary man. I will admit I had a few seconds doubt about my earlier conclusion, but then I realized how artfully the dialogue was written ("I'm sorry I didn't clean up the house" - the wife setting herself up as victim, but the husband basically ignoring that reply instead of either buying into it or saying that wasn't what he was mad about. They were having two different conversations. He was confronting her about something, she was trying to make up a story for the doctor's benefit.)

Oh, and I thougth the dog in the duffle bag was a nice touch. :)

Now I'm really sorry that I missed Tracy's appearance on the show. :D

Regards,

Joe

"Once you've been inside one of those ships - you're never the same again."

Guess Justin wasn't kidding. :)

Joe

"Once you've been inside one of those ships - you're never the same again."

Guess Justin wasn't kidding. :)

Gah! Gah gah gah gah gah!

I think I could have recovered from the nipple-torn-out-of-her-breast shot if not for the "You left the peanut butter on the nighttable, Marlene" scene. I mean, sure, I saw it coming a mile away, too...but still, I'm just astonished. I mean, that was Half Pint!

Maybe Melissa wanted to show off her new enhancements (didn't I read somewhere that she had some work done?), and shake her stereotype as the person you cast when you need a Nice Girl(tm).

...shake her stereotype as the person you cast when you need a Nice Girl(tm).

A lot of people seem to be slumming on Nip/Tuck for exactly that reason. Well, all I can say is "Melissa, I think it worked." :)

Joe

It really does seem to be the hot show on which to guest, these days. The only stunt casting they did that I think didn't work was when they had Joan Rivers on (she made a couple of appearances last season). Maybe it's just me, but I think the work she's had done looks like a fright mask, and well below the standards of MacNamara/Troy.

Latest posts

Members online

Back