• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Forbidden Planet 50th Anniversary

Re: Forbidden Planet New DVD Update

I figured it was one of those posters that pore only the slightest resemblance to the actual show. Remember the original Star Wars posters, with the original lettering, Luke's washboard abs, and Leia's dress slit up to... well, all the way up?

Remember the original Star Wars posters, with the original lettering, Luke's washboard abs, and Leia's dress slit up to... well, all the way up?

Yeah ... that was a great poster.

:D

...and Leia's dress slit up to... well, all the way up?

Well, we sorta go to see that costume in the 2nd film. :) And it remains ... very popular in certain cricles today. :D

Regards,

Joe

You mean a certain bikini? Well, obviously.

But my point was, the original SW poster was clearly made by someone who'd never seen the actual film. Because in the first one, Leia's covered neck to toe the entire movie.

Well, we sorta go to see that costume in the 2nd film. :) And it remains ... very popular in certain cricles today. :D

If you are talking about the bikini, then that is in the third film. Liea remains very covered up in the second film, but has a cool hairstyle in Cloud City that I have tried to copy, with varying degrees of success.

Yes, of course, third film, what was I thinking. :)

but has a cool hairstyle in Cloud City that I have tried to copy

You mean cooler than that "two cheese danish glued to the head" look that used to get all the geek boys so hot, back in the day? ;)

Joe

You mean cooler than that "two cheese danish glued to the head" look that used to get all the geek boys so hot, back in the day? ;)

Joe

Those weren't cheese danish, they were sticky buns! ;) :D

The danish look I can do; and have done. When the last two films were coming out, I wore my hair like that all day.

Best part of Ep. III: Padme's hair providing a bit of continuity.

I just keep thinking about the Spaceballs take on that hairstyle....

Sez you. I think sticky buns is funnier, and far more suggestive. :)

More suggestive? Yes. Funnier? No way.

While "sticky buns" does contain the "k" sound, which is usually present in funny material, the rhythm of the phrase is just "off", and rhythm is key to comedy. "Cheese danish" is just a laugh waiting to happen. And "cheese" is also an inherently funny word. (The "CH" sound is akin to "K" and serves a similar function.)

Comedy is a serious business. :)

Joe

Holy shit, Joe, that was the most boring post I've ever read.

Cheese.

Best part of Ep. III: Padme's hair providing a bit of continuity.

Was it really? Damn, that movie was worse than I remember the parts I was awake for.

There was one good scene that stood on its own, actually had some tension, quality acting for once, etc.... the rest of the movie's high points were all tie-ins with the original trilogy.

And people started blathering that Lucas had "redeemed" himself.

But why are we speaking of this? The prequels are dead to me, and besides, we're off-topic.

Forbideen Planet CE DVD - Pre-order NOW!

But why are we speaking of this? The prequels are dead to me, and besides, we're off-topic.

OK, let's get back on topic. Amazon.com Deep Discount DVD and DVD Empire are all taking pre-orders for the standard SE and the Ultimate Collector's pack:

Amazon Standard

Amazon Ultimate Collector's Pack

DVD Empire Standard

DVD Empire Ultimate Collector's Pack

Deep Discount Standard

Deep Discount Ultimate Collector's Pack

Since I'm an Amazon Prime Member, I pre-ordered there to take advantage of the free 2nd Day air shipping. Now yet another reason to want November to get here quickly. (Besides being the end of hurricane season. :))

Regards,

Joe

Back