• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Custom DVD Cover Art

Yeah, I just realised that as I'm trying to print them out.

I'm having another problem though: it prints the whole thing and then at the very end for some reason the three colors separate and I get ~1cm each of yellow, red, blue ONLY. I'm almost ready to just accept it, but it's a shame if I can't get it perfect. It does make reading the episode titles difficult.

Here's what I'm doing:
Using the Windows Pic viewer, custom paper size 8.5x13, landscape. I'm getting some margins which I don't mind as I can just cut them off and I think it's still the right size. It's just that color thing that pisses me off.

at the very end for some reason the three colors separate and I get ~1cm each of yellow, red, blue ONLY.
Does this happen with all files... or only one? Especially if it happens with all files (or multiple applications)... it might be a printer driver bug.

I decided to just accept the "rainbow" thing and just re-print the cover but without the episode and features list. Turns out it didn't print the rainbow. Huh.

So last night I was able to print out seasons 1-4 successfully on photo paper and they look gorgeous. Tonight I'll do the last two. I can't wait to get the cases.

My cases arrived yesterday. I had to re-print the movie set art because the 5-disc case is a bit smaller.

Man, it looks so freakin' cool! The way the spines line up- man, it's gorgeous. It does take up more shelf space than the cases that some with the discs, but it's OK 'cause obviously I'm only really concerned about how it looks. B5 is the only major thing on DVD I have now. And at some point I'll arange a shelf to have the DVDs, the 10 paperback novels I have and the comic book trilogy, to create my own little Ultimate SuperGeek B5 Display Area.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back