• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lost Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Right. Because it isn't like an artist might ever throw in a reference to one of his work in a completely unrelated one just for fun, or as an in-joke for fans of both. That's certainly never happened in the history art, literature, or the dramatic arts. ;)

(Who was the guy on one of JMS's cartoons who was born on "Babylon 5"?)

I never said "never" Joe. Glad to see you're still using the ol' straw man.
In jokes aren't necessarily canon and don't often carry any real meaning. In fact, they're often almost enugh to take you out of the story when overused.

[QUOTE}I wasn't aware of this rather interesting definition of "canon". So the content of the DVDs which Abrams and company either wrote or approved doesn't count? And the part of the "intenet hype campaign" that they wrote and/or approved in advance doesn't count? Well, isn't that a real convenient way to change your mind about something you've told the fans and not be called on it. :D

Regards,

Joe[/QUOTE]

As for canon, JMS himself only endorses two of the original B5 books as canon. Star Trek has years of conflicting canon, and George Lucas says none of the Star Wars book series are canon.

You know this.If it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage. Bad Twin has tenuous relations to LOST at best. As for LOST DVD's, I didn't buy them. If they said Dharma was on the island to research the Valanzetti Equation, then I'm good with it and must assme that it will be revealed to the rest of the general public come 2010.

I believe th Valenzetti Equation was something utilized in the final season or two of Alias (also by JJ Abrams). The theory has been out there for about two years now,but I don't recall the source, i.e whether it was fan speculation or whether it came out of one of those many sites seemingly put out by the shows creators to enlarge the mystery.

By the way, did anyone hear that ABC has announced that LOST is going two more seasons only, and will end in 2009 with 5 seasons total?

This is actualy a good thing; if the producers have a guarantee, the know the show will go no longer or no shorter and it will allow them to pace the show properly and make sure it wraps a with a satisfying conclusion (if possible). Previously it seemed that ABC was pushing for 7 years against th producers' wishes, thus aiding in the dilution and fragmentation of the show's storyline through some heavily padded episodes.

Also, LOST is pulling a 24 and will not return for next season until January 2008, with the intent of running a continuous, uniterrupted season.

This season got off to a real shaky start, but I'm loving it once again. Can't wait for the finale.

So, that's official Now? I know the Producers said we "want around 100 episodes, make us stretch it anymore and we'll walk", but, I had not heard ABC's response to that demand, so is this ABC actually agreeing, or just taking what the Producers said as law?

So, that's official Now? I know the Producers said we "want around 100 episodes, make us stretch it anymore and we'll walk", but, I had not heard ABC's response to that demand, so is this ABC actually agreeing, or just taking what the Producers said as law?

There will be three more "seasons" of 16 episodes. Each will run continuously starting in January or February starting in 2008, which will give them 119 episodes. (121 for the syndication market as both the pilot and the likely 2 hour finale will probably air as two-parters when the show is "stripped" 5 days a week.)

Both Variety and CNN have coverage of the story.

I like how they're playing this up as something that's never been done before.

Cuse added that he hoped more shows will be able to follow the Lost lead and declare an end date

Cuse went on to announce that the Earth is round, and revolves around the Sun, and that he has discovered a continent in the middle of the Altantic Ocean between Europe and Asia. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Thanks Joe, now that I've visited LOST sites, I see the information everywhere.

Too bad they're gonna stretch it over 3 seasons, only 16 episodes a year is gonna be alot of hiatus in between seasons, I would prefer just 2 seasons of 24 each, personally. The Producers were actually looking to only have around 20-30 more eps after this season, I believe. I hope they don't have to make too much obvious filler to make that many episodes.

Well, there will certainly be less "filler" than there would have been if they had an open ended commitment and a network pressuring them into doing 7 or 8 24 episode seasons, so I don't see the problem. I suspect there is more than enough story to fill 48 hours as long as the producers know that is what they're going to have. They can maybe spend more time on a story arc and go into a little more detail under this plan than if they were going to do only 30. It is a little like the B5 season 4/season 5 situation in reverse. JMS pulled out a bunch of mostly standalone episodes from S4 and moved the introduction of the teep arc into a possible S5 in order to pare things down to a bare minimum to finish the series in four seasons rather than five. In addition he took what would have been two or even three-part stories ("Into the Fire" and "Atonement") and handled them in a single episode. (In the case of "Atonement" by moving some of the action into In the Beginning.) It isn't like the stories that were pulled were "mere filler", they just weren't essential.

Regards,

Joe

Well, there will certainly be less "filler" than there would have been if they had an open ended commitment and a network pressuring them into doing 7 or 8 24 episode seasons, so I don't see the problem. I suspect there is more than enough story to fill 48 hours as long as the producers know that is what they're going to have. They can maybe spend more time on a story arc and go into a little more detail under this plan than if they were going to do only 30. It is a little like the B5 season 4/season 5 situation in reverse. JMS pulled out a bunch of mostly standalone episodes from S4 and moved the introduction of the teep arc into a possible S5 in order to pare things down to a bare minimum to finish the series in four seasons rather than five. In addition he took what would have been two or even three-part stories ("Into the Fire" and "Atonement") and handled them in a single episode. (In the case of "Atonement" by moving some of the action into In the Beginning.) It isn't like the stories that were pulled were "mere filler", they just weren't essential.

Regards,

Joe

Agreed.

I know this a spoiler thread, but if you haven't seen this episode yet, you may not want to read some of this until you do. :) I'll give you some white space:

:eek: Oh my gosh!! ....:( :( Not Locke!! I won't believe it yet; maybe the island will save him. He may still be the one to bring Ben down if he comes back in one form or another. If he does have some special connection with the island, now would be a good time to play that card. I don't want him to be dead...there's too much show left.

And my gosh, there were just bodies everywhere last night...:( that pit made my stomach turn. I'm sure being told you killed your mother can play havoc on your psyche but ..... :( wow.

I'm curious now about two things...

If Ben can hear Jacob, why did he have to ask Locke what he said?

-and-

Do you think that business with the Others not coming to Ben's defense, and Ben "appearing" to cower down to Locke, was staged to give John a false sense of power over him? So far, the only time that man has appeared to lose the loyalty of his followers is when he faked it; they always stand with him. I just shook my head when Ben asked for help but no one moved, and again when Ben's daughter gave Locke the gun. I guess I'm confused because, if he wanted to kill him, he could have just shot him and been done with it. :DOf course, the other way made better television!

I guess I'm going to have to watch that episode again. It just feels like I missed something.

Last edited:
The Producers were actually looking to only have around 20-30 more eps after this season, I believe. I hope they don't have to make too much obvious filler to make that many episodes.

I read they were looking to do 48 episodes anyway, as two 24-ep seasons, and that the only thing ABC changed was suggesting splitting those eps up into three seasons running straight through 16 eps each rather than 2 seasons that would have to have breaks. Some cynics suggested this was to turn two more DVD boxsets into 3 more, or to pad out the shows lifespan without padding the ep-count.

How about that one dude who was an "Other" and now is one of Ben's guys (and the guy who recruited Juliette from Portland) being the SAME AGE appearance wise now as he was when Ben was a kid. Didn't that make anyone go "Huh?"

Locke's not dead. In some deep shit, but not dead.

And yea, the Jacob thing is a little odd.

What did you mean by moving in a "Twin Peaks" direction???

How about that one dude who was an "Other" and now is one of Ben's guys (and the guy who recruited Juliette from Portland) being the SAME AGE appearance wise now as he was when Ben was a kid. Didn't that make anyone go "Huh?"

Locke's not dead. In some deep shit, but not dead.

And yea, the Jacob thing is a little odd.

What did you mean by moving in a "Twin Peaks" direction???

I assume you mean Richard Alpert, the guy with the heavy eyelilner? (Your post is a little confusing, since the "Others" are Ben's people) Absolutely brings up many questions why he doesn't age, but, others do.

Locke, yea I agree, not dead, looks like he was shot right about where his kidney would be, if he hadn't given it to his father.

I reckon "eyeliner guy" might be playing both Ben and Locke for fools. Going on Ben's flashbacks, I believe he did exactly to Ben, what Ben does to Locke... and he was trying to move on to Locke like Palpatine moved from Vader to Luke in RotJ.

I don't think Locke is dead... and even if he dies, I don't think he wll stay that way. He's been abandoned to die in a place where he won't be buried.

Terry O'Quinn apparently isn't credited to appear in the next few episodes... but that can mean nothing in itself. Especially as they don't use Locke enough. It is amazing how many people have said that if Locke is written out, the show will go stale.

And what does Rousseau want dynamite for??????

That's what I want to know....

As for Locke being dead...:Dnah, I don't think so. I just don't want to believe it, I guess. He was paralyzed but could walk after the crash. His father bit his hand, but when he removed the bandage, there was nothing there. :cool: I'm thinking we haven't seen the last of John Locke.

I think she's planning a BBQ for the finale. I think she knows the "Others" are on the move, and she intends to free Alex. I'm not sure who she's planning with (Maybe Carl, maybe Sayid, Maybe Jack and Juliet) but, I think she's planning with someone. Sayid comes to mind first, as he had no reason to be digging those holes, and I think there's something to that.

Well, I got it partially right. I thought Danielle was working with someone, primarily I thought Sayid, because he was digging the hole, but, I also considered (although less likely) that she was working with Jack and Juliet. Still curious how it came about though? And what was Sayid digging the hole(s) for?

Interesting, back in early or Mid season 2, there was a spoiler that AnaLucia was gonna die following Danielle's cable and finsing an underwater hatch. I wonder if that was the intention, but, the success of Ben as a captive, maybe led them the direction they went, and figured they'd get to this underwater station later. Juliet says Ben is in control of this station. I wonder if that's true, or if this is finally another tribe. We've been hearing since early Season 2 there was going to end up being other "Others". For some reason Naomi reminds me of the folks we briefly saw in the Looking Glass.

I don't know details, nor do I want to ahead of time, but, the finale promises to be mind blowing.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, one of the women in the Looking Glass hatch was the tailie who was taken and later showed up in the Others' camp, who told Jack, We're just here to watch."

The way I see it, Charlie's death is merely delayed. By 11pm next week, that station will probably be full of water.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, one of the women in the Looking Glass hatch was the tailie who was taken and later showed up in the Others' camp, who told Jack, We're just here to watch."

The way I see it, Charlie's death is merely delayed. By 11pm next week, that station will probably be full of water.

You believe you saw Cindy? I don't recall seeing any short haired brunettes?

Ugh, I hate it when they totally drop a storyline. What about Locke????

Is anyone else suspicious of Naomi? I don't know why but I just don't trust her.

Ugh, I hate it when they totally drop a storyline. What about Locke????

Is anyone else suspicious of Naomi? I don't know why but I just don't trust her.

I doubt they've dropped it. I just think we're going to have to wait a bit to get some answers there, which is OK with me.

There's no way the island would just let Locke die, IMHO.

Latest posts

Members online

Back