• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Warning for Dutch B5-fans

Rashenn

I haven't been able to locate Dutch B5-newsgroups and I don't know if this is 'old' news but I'll post it anyway for other Dutch lurkers.
RTL 5 will broadcast 'B5 : In the Beginning', on Thursday 23-05-2002, starting approx. 20.30 pm
Finally some B5 back on the Dutch tv /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Rashenn

I just saw it in my TV guide, Veronica Gids. At page 119 there is a short list of shows on tv the next week.
On Thursday 30-5-2002 at 20.30 hours RTL 5 will show B5:Thirdspace

I believe they will show all 4 original movies. And of course, high ratings could make them interested in showing more.

Anyway, it's a good thing. Maybe we even see it in the videostore some day.

Terrific! I have 3 films on tape but they're not subtitled - which is a bit inconvenient because of my hearing problem. It'd be nice to have a subtitled tape as well. Not to mention that I haven't seen 'Call to Arms' yet.

Wasn't RTL 5 one of the first stations that aired B5 overhere? I'm wondering if they're going to run the entire series again. Besides... why would they bother to buy 4 new movies related to a show that didn't do very well in the past.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Maybe when WB decides to release DVD's. Btw, I've already seen a B5-DVD ( ItB) in several stores. And it's possible to buy/rent those Star Trek : The Next Generation disks - it'd be really nice if those stores add B5 to their stock /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Update:

RTL 5 will show Babylon 5: The River Of Souls on Thursday 06-July-2002.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rashenn:
<font color=yellow>Terrific! I have 3 films on tape but they're not subtitled - which is a bit inconvenient because of my hearing problem. <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, that can be a problem. I myself prefer without subtitles. The translation sucks every time.

And here's another (confusing ) update :

I checked RTL5's teletekst and it mentions 2 B5-episodes this weekend. On saturday and sunday-evening, from 18.00 to 19.00 pm

However, my radioguide ( NCRV-gids) says something completely different - 2 St: Deep Space Nine eps.

I don't know who's right here but it might be useful to tape it - the RTL5 description sounded suspiciously like season 5. ( Lennier discovers something that causes a big war, and the other ep is about the Centauri)

Looks like they finally decided to show the last 8 episodes of Season 5. Too bad this way nobody knows it.

Trust teletekst, it's usually more up-to-date.

btw: they show A Call To Arms on Thursday 13-06-2002

They didn't finish season 5?
Why am I not surprised... /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif I'm looking forward to Sleeping in Light. Several years ago I had the opportunity to watch it during a B5-convention in De Meern but the room was (over)crowded and I decided to wait for the promissed 2d run.
Which was cancelled of course...

I'm glad to hear that they're also showing ActA. I've read the book but couldn't find the tape.

I was at that convention, and saw Sleeping in Light. I even wanted to see it again, but didn't wanted to wait a few hours for it. Now 3 years later, I'm glad to know I made the right decision /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif. I also bought the first 2 video's of Season 5 that day.

You couldn't find ActA on tape? It used to be available at a lot of internet shops.
Are you by any chance interested in buying Crusade on tape? I still have a set (7 vhs tapes) for sale. You can contact me at lordrefa@vizzavi.nl.

Back