• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

Yea, not young Rouseau, we won't meet her for a couple weeks yet.

In fact, she'll be in this week's episode and probably featured more heavily in next week's episode "This Place is Death". The actress Melissa Farman is listed on both as "French Girl" along with two other actors listed as "French Man #1 and French Man #2.

In fact, she'll be in this week's episode and probably featured more heavily in next week's episode "This Place is Death". The actress Melissa Farman is listed on both as "French Girl" along with two other actors listed as "French Man #1 and French Man #2.

Yes, see the first post.

A friend of mine (who I will call Sherlock Holmes) said this about my theory on the younger blond woman:

As for Ellie being the "British lady that Ben was talking to", I think for sure that's who she is. Ms. Hawking, who also sold Desmond his engagement ring and taught him about the Universe always course-correcting, has a first name of Eloise (also the name of the mouse in Faraday's lab). Eloise could easily be shortened to Ellie, so I have no doubt that Ellie is Ms. Hawking. I'm about 99% sure that she is Faraday's mom, meaning that time holding a gun on him while taking him to the bomb, will be talked about tersly over dinner some time. "Mom, I can't believe you held a gun on me!" "But Daniel, darling, I didn't know it was you!"

I totally missed that.

A friend of mine (who I will call Sherlock Holmes) said this about my theory on the younger blond woman:

I totally missed that.

Ooh...I too believed Ellie was either Penny's mother (Charles Widmore's eventual wife) or Mrs. Hawking. I didn't recall we knew Mrs. Hawking was named Eloise, though? When did we learn that?

Ooh...I too believed Ellie was either Penny's mother (Charles Widmore's eventual wife) or Mrs. Hawking. I didn't recall we knew Mrs. Hawking was named Eloise, though? When did we learn that?

Who knows. I'm just kicking myself now for not remembering that she was the one who sold Desmond the ring. :)

Omigod I don't remember any of this.

This why TV as we know it deserves to be a dying medium- this stuff needs to be watched via DVD box sets.

Who knows. I'm just kicking myself now for not remembering that she was the one who sold Desmond the ring. :)

I knew who she was as soon as I saw her with Ben and her pendulum, and figured she was Desmonds mother, and perhaps Ellie, the only thing I didn't remember was we knew her first name. Maybe Ben called her Eloise in the pendulum scene, or maybe Desmonds Abbot called her by name?

Guys, I did watch them on DVD (until now) and I think consuming them so fast made mt brain gloss over her face in my mind.

Omigod I don't remember any of this.

This why TV as we know it deserves to be a dying medium- this stuff needs to be watched via DVD box sets.

I think it's more a case of having such long gaps between seasons. It should be on once a week for a couple of years with NO breaks.:)

Spoiler below

Episode 4 of S5 apparently has someone playing a Young Rousseau (and also Mira Furlan as Rousseau), plus it's got Montand and Robert in it also. Seems like we're finally getting to the meat of Rousseau's story.

So, looks like the Mira Furlan rumor was wrong. I checked her IMDB profile and it shows a TV Series in 2008, and a movie, and a movie filming now, all apparently in a slavic language. Did she go home to Croatia for parts and she's done with American parts for now?

So, Mira Furlan was 51 when the series first started airing (Sept 7, 1955). Michael Emerson is exactly a year older (Sept 7, 1954) [according to IMDB, last I checked Wikipedia showed them born the same year too]

Jack declared Ben's xray was that of a 40 year old man, and now we have a younger Danielle, who's pregnant and can't be more than 25, therefore is she supposed to only be 40 +/- in S1?

Are we just supposed to accept the characters are a good 10-15 years younger than the actors? Is something causing them to age prematurely, or are we supposed to ignore it?

And then of course we have Danielle asking Sayid "Has it really been that long", in regards to her being on the island 16 years?

Thoughts, explanations?

Last edited:
Truthfully, I wouldn't have guessed Emerson being that old. I think Ben was around twelve at the time of the Dharma purge, so his exact show age can be established if someone looks it up. The Rousseau scenes are from 16 years in the past. As for Mira, I was saying last night that Babylon 5 started sixteen years ago and she looked pretty much the same. Melissa Farman does look a little too young. On the same issue, it was 16 years "island time" so is that more or less than regular time, I forget?

Oh yeah, JIN's ALIVE, MO-FO!!!

Double oh yeah, Miles is Doctor Chang's (Marvin Candle's) son. He and Charlotte were either born or at least spent a part of their childhood on the island.

Truthfully, I wouldn't have guessed Emerson being that old. I think Ben was around twelve at the time of the Dharma purge, so his exact show age can be established if someone looks it up. The Rousseau scenes are from 16 years in the past. As for Mira, I was saying last night that Babylon 5 started sixteen years ago and she looked pretty much the same. Melissa Farman does look a little too young. On the same issue, it was 16 years "island time" so is that more or less than regular time, I forget?

Oh yeah, JIN's ALIVE, MO-FO!!!

Jin's one of my favorite characters, so I'm happy he's alive, but, they owe us an explanation how he's alive and travelling with the island. The helicopter with the O6 on it was closer to the island then the freighter. Jin was on the freighter when it blew up. So, how did he get closer to the island than the chopper, in order to be within it's time travelling influence, when the helicopter wasn't close enough? This of course assumes he survived the freighter blowing up, which is already a stretch

Last edited:
Jin's one of my favorite characters, so I'm happy he's alive, but, they owe us an explanation how he's alive and travelling with the island. The helicopter with the O6 on it was closer to the island then the freighter. Jin was on the freighter when it blew up. So, how did he get closer to the island than the chopper, in order to be within it's time travelling influence, when the helicopter wasn't close enough? This of course assumes he survived the freighter blowing up, which is already a stretch

I too am willing to suspend disbelief for our beloved ex-Lt. Matheson, so I'm gonna say "ground effect". Perhaps the distortion is more like a pancake than a bubble and blew out at a greater distance horizonally than vertically. The freighter was supposedly parked right at the edge of the effect at five miles and wouldn't come any closer. So if Jin jumped off the boat unseen, or was blown clear by the blast he could have drifted within the perimeter over the course of the next five or ten minutes before Ben turned the wheel. Remember, Sawyer swam all the way back to shore and saw the plume of smoke from the boat before the flash occurred.

Of course, Sun doesn't know this, which is why she is going to shoot Jack.

OK I'm finally caught up. I'm kind of getting tired of watching Locke, Sawyer et al just roam around endlessly while flashing around time. We know the end game, basically- Locke's gonna get off the island somehow and die. Moving on...

As for Jin, I'm sure we'll get some flashback scene next week that explains his survival. My guess is he was about to die and then got rescued by a time flash or something.

Are we just supposed to accept the characters are a good 10-15 years younger than the actors? Is something causing them to age prematurely, or are we supposed to ignore it?

It is very common for actors to play characters much younger for them. Probably the most famous and funny example was the hit teen soap Beverly Hills 90210, with Luke Perry playing a high school student. The lead female character in the cult hit high school comedy Freaks and Geeks was I believe in her late 20s. And as an avid watcher of Friday Night Lights, I just KNOW some of those "kids"- especially the girls!- cannot be teenagers.

Of course, Sun doesn't know this, which is why she is going to shoot Jack.

Actually I think she wants to shoot Ben. At least that's what she told that rich dude, Desmond's father-in-law.

OK I'm finally caught up. I'm kind of getting tired of watching Locke, Sawyer et al just roam around endlessly while flashing around time. We know the end game, basically- Locke's gonna get off the island somehow and die. Moving on...

As for Jin, I'm sure we'll get some flashback scene next week that explains his survival. My guess is he was about to die and then got rescued by a time flash or something.

It is very common for actors to play characters much younger for them. Probably the most famous and funny example was the hit teen soap Beverly Hills 90210, with Luke Perry playing a high school student. The lead female character in the cult hit high school comedy Freaks and Geeks was I believe in her late 20s. And as an avid watcher of Friday Night Lights, I just KNOW some of those "kids"- especially the girls!- cannot be teenagers.

Actually I think she wants to shoot Ben. At least that's what she told that rich dude, Desmond's father-in-law.

While I agree that under 35s often play teenagers or younger than themselves, it's been rare for anyone older than 35 to play very much younger (and generally only when the character ages during the piece) for at least the last 20 - 30 years, at least from my recollections. It just would've been nice had we known Danielle was only 35 when she died, unless there's a reason for her aging.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely on board with allowing Melissa Farman to enthrall me with Danielle's story, she's a good casting for a younger Danielle, I just wasn't expecting her being pregnant with Alex to be so young..

I think they want you think that, but it's clearly Jack she blames. That was the whole reason for the conversation with Kate, when she says, "I don't blame you." Jack stopped Kate from getting Jin. They even showed it in a flashback. Even though Ben did in fact cause the boat to blow up by killing the crazy merc, Sun has no way of knowing that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back