• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Corporate Sponsor... CDW

Hesperous

Beyond the rim
Did anyone happen to notice that the LOTR Movie is sponsored by CDW? I think someone figured out that the fan base has a wide range of people. This is not the "move out of your parents basement" trekie fans. I have plans of looking up the sponsor this week at the office.

------------------

I am so ashamed to admit this, but:
I have no idea who CDW is.
crazy.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Do many Sci-Fi fans drive Jeeps? Off road vehicles tend to be purchased by people who live or work in the countryside.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Off road vehicles tend to be purchased by people who live or work in the countryside.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not in this country, not since somebody thought of christening them "Sport Utility Vehicles" Now they're mostly purchased by suburban housewives and aging Yuppies. Many of Jeep's models aren't off-road vehicles anymore, they're 2-wheel drive with standard suspensions and they just look like off-roaders. (And the same is true of all the other SUV lines - they all have pseudo-SUVs in them. Do you think anyone seriously wants to take a Lexus or Cadillac SUV off road?)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
What is the mailing-address for CDW?
Tammy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
www.cdw.com

Corporate Headquarters
CDW Computer Centers, Inc.
200 North Milwaukee Avenue
Vernon Hills, Illinois 60061

Downtown Chicago Showroom
CDW Computer Centers, Inc.
315 West Grand Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60610

Product information and recommendations
before and after your purchase.
Monday-Friday: 7am - 9 pm CT
Saturday: 9am - 5pm CT
800 838.4239
Fax 847 465.6800

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited January 18, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Not in this country, not since somebody thought of christening them "Sport Utility Vehicles" Now they're mostly purchased by suburban housewives and aging Yuppies. Many of Jeep's models aren't off-road vehicles anymore, they're 2-wheel drive with standard suspensions and they just look like off-roaders. (And the same is true of all the other SUV lines - they all have pseudo-SUVs in them. Do you think anyone seriously wants to take a Lexus or Cadillac SUV off road?)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had not realised that Jeep were now selling 2 wheel drive vehicles. Lots of room in a SUV.

In the UK the top of the range Landrovers are driven off road when the rich go on shooting parties. The Rolls Royce would get stuck in the mud.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back