• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What would you say to the guy sitting on SciFi's money bag?

drakh

Regular
What would you say to the guy sitting on SciFi\'s money bag?

Better think quick, 'cause he'll be attending an online chat session on SciFi.com October 11 at 8PM ET. Would be nice if a whole bunch of people with "Ranger-" in their nicknames showed up
laugh.gif

Thomas Vitale - Thursday, October 11 at 8PM ET

Thomas Vitale is Senior Vice President of Acquisitions, Scheduling, and Program Planning in Sci Fi Channel Programming. He's been with the channel since early '93, joining only a few months after SCI FI launched. He's worked with the team here to help the channel grow from a small network with only older product, to its current status as a network with more and more original fare.

Before he joined SCI FI, Thomas worked at Viacom, and before that at NBC. He's a graduate of Williams College and a lifelong fan of the genre. Thomas was born and bred in the Bronx ? there's no real reason to tell you that, but we felt like mentioning it anyway. His initials are "TV," so he clearly was destined to work here...

Thomas and the other programmers at SCI FI do care about what the fans think and want. Recently, Thomas appeared at the New York Farscape Convention, and he enjoyed taking questions live from the audience along with Farscape producer David Kemper. As a fan himself, Thomas knows the value of connecting with the audience, and he asked us to schedule this chat so SCI FI viewers could get to know the programmers here a bit better. Questions about upcoming original products, current favorite series, and classic movies and series will all be fair game during this chat, though we can't promise that we'll have time to answer every question prior to the start of our chat with DUNE prequel author KEVIN J. ANDERSON.

Connect your IRC software client to events.scifi.com and join channel #auditorium to participate. Chatters with a java-capable browser may use our java chat client.
http://www.scifi.com/chat/

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

Re: What would you say to the guy sitting on SciFi\'s money bag?

Oh, gosh, folks, if you go, don't act like obsessive fen...
smile.gif

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

*she says as she reminds herself not to use multiple !!!!!!!!'s while attending the chat...*

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

LOL
I know Ranger Modane will be there!
laugh.gif

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

channe, at moderated chats it is the moderator who decides what questions get through and what don't. It would be hard for anyone to ask obsessed in a moderated chat.

It's interesting that this is the first comment you thought to make. I would tend to say: SEE YOU ALL THERE! SUPPORT RANGERS!
cool.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

I am Hesperous01 there, and will try to make it...

My question, We are all happy to see B5, LOTR, (I will not use abbr.) coming to Sci Fi, however, "Crusade" was killed just as JMS was beginning to weave his magical web of intrigue, so why not restart prodution on a proven winner?

I will try to be there. Thanx... Alex F.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hesperous (edited October 06, 2001).]

I would ask him to give me some of sci-fi's money

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
BlackStar's question: Why don't you get off your encounter-suited butt and DO something?
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!

laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

Babylon 5 - Crusade marathon 10/8/2001 7AM-8PM on Sci-Fi

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hesperous:
I am Hesperous01 there, and will try to make it...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As will I (btw, as KoshN there as well).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
My question, We are all happy to see B5, LOTR, (I will not use abbr.) coming to Sci Fi, however, "Crusade" was killed just as JMS was beginning to weave his magical web of intrigue, so why not restart prodution on a proven winner?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He may have trouble with the "proven winner" part of it, and we all know why Crusade had problems (TNT).

I'd modify it slightly to say "..., so why not *also* restart production on Crusade, and make the necessary changes to fit J. M. Straczynski's original plan for the series?

Having two new B5-related series on the air at the same time would make me about as happy as if I'd hit the lottery for $200,000,000.
laugh.gif
Seriously, the world outside would look about 3 f/stops brighter.

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

Babylon 5 - Crusade marathon 10/8/2001 7AM-8PM on Sci-Fi

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I would ask him a few advertising related questions.

How many of your viewers have purchased their furniture? Children do not buy furniture but many bachelor flats come unfurnished.

How many of your viewers pay for financial products like mortgages, life insurance, pensions and shares?

The answers may surprise him.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back