• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade/LOTR time overlap?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

It says in the overview section rangers starts in 2265, and didnt crusade start in 2266?
(I have seen 0 crusade episodes)

Is it possible that LOTR might take on some of the stuff that Crusade was going to do? wont it get to a point where they have to deal with the Drakh plague too?

Others may have more details on this, and I think there is even an article about it at www.cinescape.com. Basically, though, yeah they could overlap a little bit, and there is even the possibility that Rangers will finish part of the Crusade storyline *if* Crusade doesn't get revived.

However, I believe that if both shows are on at the same time, they will most likely deal with completely separate issues, or at least, deal with the same issue in very different ways.

------------------
Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me.

The Rangers were assisting in the search, however, just what could be spared. The ISA is not the most stable Alliance, and with everyone still looking for an advantage over their enemies of the past, the Rangers are very active peace keepers, along with the many other roles they must fill.

As for the crossover... There are two scripts out there that have the last two Crusade episodes. If there was ever a movie to be made, that would be a good one. I see no reason, (besides JMS getting overworked,) why Sci Fi wouldn't pick up a Crusade Movie during the Legend of the Rangers run. Run the movie, and after season two of Legend, Season Two of Crusade, Then LOTR 3 then Crusade 3. There are 52 weeks in a year, lets fill some of 'em.

aef2

------------------

This has been discussed at length on another thread. The concensus seems to be that while the time periods for the two series do overlap they are two completely different stories. However I think JMS said it would be possible to bring the two together in one series after A Call to Arms but it is certainly not his preference.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>However I think JMS said it would be possible to bring the two together in one series after A Call to Arms but it is certainly not his preference.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually he said that he could see a way to "resolve" elements of the Crusade story in a Rangers series if need be, which is very different than bringing "the two together in one series" (which I think would be a horrible idea - neither fish nor fowl.)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Actually he said that he could see a way to "resolve" elements of the Crusade story in a Rangers series if need be, which is very different than bringing "the two together in one series" (which I think would be a horrible idea - neither fish nor fowl.)

Regards,

Joe
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I have to admit it wouldn't bother me all that much simply because I would like to see the Drakh plague situation resolved.

smile.gif
However, because of the two unpublished scripts that were made available to us, I could see that the story of Crusade was headed in a completely different direction. In fact, JMS has told us that is so.

Also I would like to hear the story of the telepath war although I do think JMS is reserving that in case there is a movie down the road.

It would certainly be nicer to see two separate series, Rangers and Crusade, but if all else fails I'd like to see a conclusion for some of the things left hanging, the Lennier situation, the telepath war, the Drakh plague. I'll be happy if it's only in a series of books
smile.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back