• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What Rangers Do In Their Downtime...

Okay, Enid-Raye here. Wanted to let you know what we're up to in our downtime.

I just saw a play tonight called "Riff Raff" (written by Laurence Fishburne) starring none other than our very own DEAN MARSHALL.

I don't know how many different words I can use to describe BRILLIANT but here goes:
Stunning, Captivating, Edgy, Honest, Raw, Emotional, Heartbreaking, One Hundred F@*!-ing Percent THERE.

These are all words to describe Dean's work tonight. This was a compelling piece of theatre also starring Ron Selmour and Gerry South. Together, the three gents told a story about what its like to be "riff raff" - selling, dealing and using on the streets in the hood. This play was originally presented at the Circle Repertory in New York. Tonight it blew away a sold out house in Vancouver.

Many of the cast of B5LR had already seen the show and raved about it. I mean they went nuts. But still, I was not prepared for the way Dean and the boys would take us on a gut-wrenching journey - meeting these characters, falling in love with them, hoping for their happiness, hating them, being shocked by their choices and wishing for a bright light at the end of their tumaltuous tunnel all at the same time.

In the end, we gave them a standing ovation. I don't think I'm alone in saying how proud we are of our Deano!

Damn I love good theatre.

Hugs,
Enid-Raye

(firell)

------------------

Sounds great. Vancouver is a little far though.
smile.gif
Maybe if it comes way down here or nearby. I wonder, is Dylan the only one who has seen the final copy of Rangers or have all of you seen it? And if he is the only one to see it so far when will the rest of you?

------------------
--Never argue with an
idiot. They will drag you
down to their level and
then beat you with
experience.--

Doug told me today (yesterday, I just got back from poker night)that the only people to have seen what I saw where the studio, network, Joe , Doug, Michael the director, the editor, and Christopher from music. I'm sure the rest of the group up in Vancouver will get another shot at seeing the final cut even though there's probably very little that has changed from what they saw earlier.

O.K. heres the first time I'm going to go out on a ledge. I've been told that if Sci Fi doesn't pick this baby up, Warner Bros. is going to shop it elsewhere. Please leave me out of this discussion if it goes further (yeah like that's going to happen...).
crazy.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:
Doug told me today (yesterday, I just got back from poker night)that the only people to have seen what I saw where the studio, network, Joe , Doug, Michael the director, the editor, and Christopher from music. I'm sure the rest of the group up in Vancouver will get another shot at seeing the final cut even though there's probably very little that has changed from what they saw earlier.

O.K. heres the first time I'm going to go out on a ledge. I've been told that if Sci Fi doesn't pick this baby up, Warner Bros. is going to shop it elsewhere. Please leave me out of this discussion if it goes further (yeah like that's going to happen...).
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Addressed to everyone but Dylan.
wink.gif
I really think that Sci-fi is the most logical home for this. But I don't think any of the fans care where they watch it as long as it's on until the conclusion. We don't want another Crusade fiasco. On the bright side, if it gets picked up by another network they may be a chance that the show would get a larger audience and a higher budget. On the gloomy side, it may also subject us and those involved with the series to the agony that was watching B5 when it first came out. All the struggling to keep it going after every season. Having it dropped by local stations and then brought back by popular demand. I think I got my first grey hair during those years
laugh.gif
and I'm only tweny-five. Getting back to the topic, I just can't believe that the Sci-fi channel wouldn't pick Rangers up. I mean come on they're still showing Lexx for Gods sake.

------------------
--Never argue with an
idiot. They will drag you
down to their level and
then beat you with
experience.--

There was a part of me hoping Monday (Oct. 8) the "announcement" during the Crusade marathon would be the series Rangers.

But at least its good to know there is a chance Warner Brothers will sell it elsewhere. How long will it take before these decisions are made? I'm still afraid half of the company won't be able to come back if they keep waiting and waiting on a decision.
frown.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Sci Fi is the home for this, and they know it. If FOX or someone gets to well known for Sci Fi productions, Sci Fi Channel will lose credibility.

Enid-Raye, the play sounded great, I hope it comes to Playhose Square in Cleveland.

------------------

I also hope that Rangers is picked up by Sci-Fi. It's the best place for it. But I will be happy if it is picked up by *anyone*--I need more of the B5 Universe on TV!

Tammy

PS--Hi, Enid-Raye! Nice of you to stop by again!

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Dear All,

Regarding screening the final cut of "Babylon 5:The Legend of the Rangers"...

All, but the mysterious and elusive David Storch from the ensemble cast have viewed the semi-final version of "Legend of the Rangers"...

Alex Zahara and myself (Warren) have viewed both the first semi-final cut and then the final cut of "B5LR" with Myriam Sirois...

The ensemble cast are
laugh.gif
ylan, Alex, Myriam, Dean, Warren, Enid-Raye, Jennie-Rebecca, Gus...and like I said, David Storch whom always seems absent...

None of the cast has even seen David Storch without his prothetic make-up...We all joke about that...

Anyways, I just wanted to say that we (cast) are all blown away with this telefilm...and are hoping to hear something positive about a series very shortly...

I can't remember if I mentioned this but...just after the weekend that the telefilm went to the Network (Sept 8)...I recieved a personal mobile phone call from "JMS" telling me some great news on what Warner Bros. and the Sci Fi Channel had said after seeing the film...

Both the Studio and Network loved the show and went on to say that it was one of the best pilots that they have ever seen...if not, the best "Babylon 5" movie...and went even further to say that it kicks ass against the "Enterprise" pilot...

Joe was extremely excited about the news...I was excited to just get the phone call from "Straczynski"...

Anyways...we will have to wait and see...

Cheers! -Warren-

------------------

Wow, I hope Scifi picks up the Rangers. Just from what Dylan and Warren and the others have said, the movie is just plain awesome, so if there is a series, it should be awesome too!
cool.gif
Scifi would make a major mistake in not commissioning a series. But it is good to hear that if it doesn't make it on Scif, Warner Bros. is willing to shop it around.
smile.gif

------------------
**Watches the purple wombats do showtunes around his salad bar.** Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

I got back from a fantastic weekend to see this news - I'm a very happy fan...

I don't see much live theatre, 'cause I can't afford it; what I do is free and cheap student stuff, community gigs, etc. But there's something about live theater that always makes me drawn back to it over and over again, even more than I like the movies. It's definitely in the audience-cast interaction. You don't get that in the movies...

This is great news for the fans - but, I think, even better news for the cast. And, don't worry; if we don't like something you do or the way you act, we will give you a chance. If you're wondering why, go ask any fan about the O'Hare-Boxleitner Adjustment Sagas.

Here's to a show with flash, pizazz, character development, and something more to it than gratuitious gel decontamination scenes!

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

I am glad to hear that the Rangers have off duty hobbies other than fighting the gang bosses in down below.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the theatre.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Warren (Kitaro), I always like to read your posts--you are so enthusiastic about things! Just remember, though--the Liandra isn't real, the Liandra isn't real...
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

"In here!"

Tammy's Station

The Liandra isn't real...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (obssesive laugh echoing off in the distance)

The Liandra isn't real...(sarcastically delivered)...

What exactly do you mean by that?

Sooooooooooo...what are you saying?

-Kit-

------------------

Just giving you a bad time, Warren...LOL!
smile.gif

Tammy

PS--B5 can be so incredible to the fans, though, that sometimes *we* can think it's real!

------------------

"In here!"

Tammy's Station

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:
I've been told that if Sci Fi doesn't pick this baby up, Warner Bros. is going to shop it elsewhere.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a thought, but could it be that WB is already confident that SFC will greenlight the series, but is just using this "we'll take it elsewhere if we have to" line to pressure SFC into making its decision more quickly?

------------------

Hey Tammy,

No, no, no...just giving you a bad time Tammy-san...

All in the name of love...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Cheers! -Warren T. Takeuchi-

------------------

*peers side-to-side*

Of course the Liandra is real... don't shatter my dreams, here, people...

laugh.gif

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and the next JMS.

"I have 15 things to do, all of them annoying... -Ivanova

Shattered dreams.

Just what Rangers exist to prevent.
tongue.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

STOP IT! Your torturing me!

But on the other hand...
I always love to hear more about the series.

so nevermind, continue.

And what do you mean the Liandra isn't real?! Of course it is real!

------------------
Faith Manages

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back