• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Special Announcement about Rangers?!?

Dekion

Regular
I read on the SciFi B5 page that during the Crusade marathon that there would be a special announcement about Rangers. What will it be?

1) air date announced

2) series announced (we can wish)

others?

------------------

Perhaps it is another sneak peak?

Frizzell

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"Good in theory...
Lousy in practice...
It implies that I am expendable. I am many things. I am bright, personable, charismatic and not a bad dancer but expendable? No."

What Crusade marathon?

*scampers to scifi.com*

------------------
We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

must agree with Frizzell...

they need to give us a sneak peek... any other commitment looks unlikely to me...

------------------
I have no one to envy...
I envy you having me to envy...

I just want to see what the Valen and the Liandra look like.
shocked.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frizzell:
Perhaps it is another sneak peak?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't think they'd call that a special announcement.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited September 06, 2001).]

I'm one of those that cannot get the SciFi network so the rest of you will have to keep us posted on this.

------------------

Yes, we'd never hear about a "Rangers" series before JMS and the gang did! It will be a commercial, probably.

There is going to be a Crusade marathon, sometime before "Rangers" airs. I forget when. Some long weekend, maybe, but I don't think so. Can't remember. It isn't for a bit yet, I think.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Whatever it is, it is probably not an airdate announcement. We've already got that.

From the moderated newsgroup:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Finally: I have air dates for both Rangers (January 2) and the debut of
Jeremiah (January 11).

Heading back to the shadows now to grab a few hours sleep before the cameras
begin rolling again tomorrow (this) morning at 7.

Feh.

jms
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:
Whatever it is, it is probably not an airdate announcement. We've already got that.

From the moderated newsgroup:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only a small population read the newsgroup or participate in these sites. An airdate would be news if announced by the Sci-Fi channel on the Sci-Fi channel.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

The Crusade chain reaction is scheduled on the Columbus day holiday, October 8.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

[This message has been edited by Technomage Roanna (edited September 07, 2001).]

Thank you Roanna!!! <Runs off to set VCR, and cable box> I have been awaiting this!!! I hope with the CGI done, we will at least see a glimpse of the CGI work, (anything would do,) like the new ships!!!

------------------

You're most welcome, Hesperous.

Nice to be able to convey good news.
smile.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Can we assume that they'll air the episodes in the JMS order, not the TNT order?

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Can we assume that they'll air the episodes in the JMS order, not the TNT order?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly assumed this, since that's the order they used the first time they ran the series, and I couldn't think of any good reason they'd change it. But now we don't have to assume, since it is confirmed on the Sci-Fi calendar now:

Sci-Fi Schedulebot October 8th

I didn't check episode-by-episode, but it certainly looks like the same order they used this spring, with "Racing the Night" first, and "War Zone" and "Appearances..." bringing up the rear.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I may have posted this before, but the last two episodes, (unfilmed), of Crusade would make a great Movie, and lead in to the continuation of Crusade as a series. Getting the actors back together would be nearly impossible. The big 6 from the show would do... (Capt/Doc/Archeologist/Technomage/Thief/#1) Cant wait to see them, IN JMS ORDER!!!!

------------------

Back