• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dr Who - Season 30 (4) [SPOILERS]

Re: Dr Who - Season 30 (4)

From what clips I have seen of this episode Silence in the library looks really insane. I think know why rose Tylers coming back and why Davros may be showing up I think it has timeline implications, I think the timewars is about to be undone and the time lords are coming back. {snip}

The Daleks come back in "Turn Left", a later episode.

OK... now tonight's episode totaly did my head in.

Aside from all that... I'm wondering if there's an implication that Doctor Moon might in fact be a future incarnation of the Doctor.

Moffat seems to have the corner in the "let's creep everyone out episode". The skeletal astronuat fella intercut against the Donna think was really freakish!

The book was obviously going to be the Doctor's biography because it looked so much like a TARDIS!Really looking forward to how they resolve this!

River Song being a future Doctor does not fit. She would be able to remember what is going on, she would also have recognised Donna.

Spoiler for Season 4 episode 8:

The book could be a diary rather than a biography but they are similar. It could also be her diary rather than his. She calls herself an archaeologist, so she may simply have found his diary, previous Doctors have been shown to be keeping one.

Is she human or timelord? A female timelord could be a second daughter, an original timelady in hiding, a member of mark 2 timelords the Doctor creates, Susan Foreman or possibly the return of The Rani. Timelords have taken undercover jobs as professors before.

If human the clues are pointing towards her being an ex-companion - the ability to transmit to physic paper, having a sonic screwdriver and knowing who the Doctor is.

Next question is why did she summon the Doctor? The death of everyone on the library planet 100 years ago does not feel right, he would have been called in 100 years ago. I suspect a second villain.

The BBC's Doctor Who web pages have the Judoon as the Monster File of the week. These policemen may be foreshadowing something to come e.g. Judoon V Daleks or the website is just catching up with old monsters.

edit: use the correct name for the woman.

Last edited:

Galahd thats a nice idea but i am not entirely convinced that that is Davros and the Daleks from a parrallel universe, I think it's the original. Caan interfered in history somehow. Why the stars winked out, now that is interesting. The Daleks may have been the ones who were trapped in the dimensions between worlds along with the Cybermen, that's one possibility, I don't know I need more to go on here. Still you could well be right on this one.

When the Doctor said goodbye to Rose he needed the power output from a supernova just to send the message. If the Daleks are returning from the void they would need even more power, a power drain like that would make the stars appear to go out. Alternatively something could just be hiding the stars.

When the Doctor said goodbye to Rose he needed the power output from a supernova just to send the message. If the Daleks are returning from the void they would need even more power, a power drain like that would make the stars appear to go out. Alternatively something could just be hiding the stars.

Not strictly true... The TARDIS requires energy from this dimension, this universe... which is why it nearly died in the Cybus dimension (without the infrastructure of the Timelord society being around to supply power for travel to other dimensions). With an entire race of daleks and possibly also Timelords in the alternate universe... it would be conceivable that they could still travel to our universe.

And I mentioned nothing of the void, that's the crack between dimensions where the daleks/cybersmen from Doomsday were sent...not a parallel universe in itself.

Doctor Moon being a future Doctor does not fit. She would be able to remember what is going on, she would also have recognised Donna.

No... that's River Song you are talking about. Doctor Moon is the black male doctor who is talking to the little girl on what is apparently present day Earth. The one who is posing as a psychotherapist but in a twist at the end tells the little girl that the library is real. I'm just wondering if Moffat is pulling another trick similar to the one in "Blink". Which has the Doctor helping himself in a different time window.

The girl may hold/be the key to escaping the library... if this is so, then the Doctor having experienced the events before as 10...may be influencing them to end as they are meant to, following a later regeneration.

Or... perhaps the events at the library turned out extremely badly and the Doctor's future self is tampering with a moment of history that isn't a fixed point... that is in flux, to change history so that he and Donna escape... but this would cause a paradox.

No... that's River Song you are talking about. Doctor Moon is the black male doctor who is talking to the little girl on what is apparently present day Earth. The one who is posing as a psychotherapist but in a twist at the end tells the little girl that the library is real. I'm just wondering if Moffat is pulling another trick similar to the one in "Blink". Which has the Doctor helping himself in a different time window.

I have not heard any rumours about a black actor being recruited to play the Doctor but it is not impossible. This episode was written by the new show-runner; so he could be performing a live film test similar to the ones performed on Martha and Romana 2. Filming for 2009 has been completed so the new Doctor could be brought in for the 2010 season.

Right, watched it again. The girl was told by Dr Moon that her real world is a lie and the Library is real. I think she is a personification of the library's computer system, and Dr Moon is some kind of repair programme. All that we see in that living room is happening inside the library computer. The Dad may be an evil threat. It could also be another time window thingy, that was too good a thing not to reuse.

After 6 years working with library systems, I guess I may have some authority on this, probably wrong though ;)

I bet River Song is a future squeeze / companion, modelled heavily on Bernice Summerfield from the New Adventures books.

The woman River Song could be Romarna #3, possibly also having used a magic watch to hide. Romarna made her own screw driver. The previews are strongly hinting she is his future wife but that could be a diversion.

The Doctor becoming a woman may not make sense but Captain Jack may consider it an interesting change.

The woman River Song could be Romarna #3, possibly also having used a magic watch to hide. Romarna made her own screw driver. The previews are strongly hinting she is his future wife but that could be a diversion.

Or that she is in one future that The Doctor is going to eliminate by his actions in the next episode while trying to "unsave" Donna.

The Doctor becoming a woman may not make sense but Captain Jack may consider it an interesting change.

And again... I never said anything about the Doctor becoming a woman... i was talking about colin Salmon's character.

She can't be Romana, maybe shes an a future incarnation of his daughter, hey any ideas on whether we might get Daleks and Sontarans in a war I see an episode listed war on Skarro, it describes Daleks and Aliens in a battle.:confused: I would love to see thoses two enemies go at it. I think of all the ace in the Dr Who Universe the Sontarans could take them.

And again... I never said anything about the Doctor becoming a woman... i was talking about colin Salmon's character.

You may be talking about the black man but we find the woman much more interesting, the BBC is also raising the mystery around her. A black Doctor is far from impossible but since Martha has left the Whoverse I suspect unlikely.

I have thought of a further possibility for the woman, she could be the TARDIS - the writers could have been watching Andromeda.

I know this is a Dr who thread but are yot guys aware of the fact that network geniuses at BBC in their in finite wisdom are in the process of dumbing down Torchwood? making it freaking family friendly, im ticked about this one. Captain Jack is gone how the hell do you Torchwood with out Jack? Oh and by the way season three is only five episodes. and they are going to be shown in a one week time? this show is dead. :rolleyes: I really think they've lost their minds on this one, by doing this they assured the shows demise. Do they seriously think that the core audiences going to take lying down? they will stop watching . and how is it that Russel Davis is alright with this? what is the matter with him? The show is doing very well in the ratings, why mess with it?

Last edited:

I get the impression they are purposefully winding up Torchwood. They are pulling back on Who next year (partly because Tennant is spending time in my backyard doing Hamlet). My guess is they are trying to maximise breathing room so as not to wear out the Doctor Who franchise.

I don't think this is a bad thing as it gives Moffatt (like RTD, a writer who is a fan... and actually one of the better writers IMHO), time to strategise a proper structure for where he wants to take the show (whether or not Tennant is on board).

With regard to Toorchwood That may backfire on them. They may not get back core audience once they lose it. If Tenat can't commit to a full season of who why don't they just bring in the new doctor/ By the way do we get Sontarans vs Daleks or was that just a rumor? I am referring to the episode War On Skarro, which if memory serves me was destroyed along with Davros in the old series.

Last edited:

I know this is a Dr who thread but are yot guys aware of the fact that network geniuses at BBC in their in finite wisdom are in the process of dumbing down Torchwood? making it freaking family friendly, im ticked about this one. Captain Jack is gone how the hell do you Torchwood with out Jack? Oh and by the way season three is only five episodes. and they are going to be shown in a one week time? this show is dead. :rolleyes: I really think they've lost their minds on this one, by doing this they assured the shows demise. Do they seriously think that the core audiences going to take lying down? they will stop watching . and how is it that Russel Davis is alright with this? what is the matter with him? The show is doing very well in the ratings, why mess with it?

I'd heard about only five episodes, but nothing about Jack leaving. I thought he was a permament feature. Do you have a link to the news?

Latest posts

Members online

Back