• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5:TLT -- just the news. And we mean that.

TLT Is released in UK under seven hours.
Typcial. Mainland Europe (the Netherlands) won't get it till early november. So now the question becomes, do I step over my hatred of Ryanair to get TLT a few week earlier. :D

Typcial. Mainland Europe (the Netherlands) won't get it till early november. So now the question becomes, do I step over my hatred of Ryanair to get TLT a few week earlier. :D
Well, they have this thing called "mail" now, where they can send you things. And it then gets delivered at your door, even all the way to Brabant. ;)

Well, they have this thing called "mail" now, where they can send you things. And it then gets delivered at your door, even all the way to Brabant
I trust the mail even less then Ryanair. And with the airfares nowadays it's cheaper to fly and collect then to sent it by DHL or somesuch. Well, almost anyway. ;)

I trust the mail even less then Ryanair. And with the airfares nowadays it's cheaper to fly and collect then to sent it by DHL or somesuch. Well, almost anyway. ;)

You could order TLT from play.com, an UK based internet store. Delivery is free and if the disc gets lost in the mail, the risk falls to them. One simple email and they'll send it again.

O ordered the limited edition photo card version because at the time it was going at the same price!

I ordered BSG and Starman (what is it with me and benevolent alien movies atm) at the same time and they arrived yesterday...just waiting on the Lost Tales.

Ye Gads I'm gonna change it look at this!

Items not yet dispatched:
arrow_subordinate._V45449259_.gif
Delivery estimate: 6 Nov 2007 - 7 Nov 2007

I already changed mine.* My BSG should arrive today, and with luck my TLT (no art cards) should ship today. Whoever came up with that exclusive seriously underestimated demand for B5 (shock, horror!) it seems.

* At the minute I think I've ordered my three copies of TLT no fewer than 5 times:

- from Play.com at £9.99 because that was the first place it was available
- from HMV at £8.48 because of the better price
- from Amazon.co.uk at £8.48 because I trusted them more
- from Amazon.co.uk at £8.48 because I wanted the art cards
- from Amazon.co.uk at £8.48 because the art cards are all gone and I don't want to wait months!

I'm not certain that this is real news since there's no real figures but this is part of a post from JMS in answer to a 'rant' I'd posted complaining about the lack of advertising seen for TLT either before or after release:

However, despite this, they are most pleased as sales have been
several orders of magnitude beyond what they anticipated.

More on this when I know more about what this actually *means*.

Jan

I'm not certain that this is real news since there's no real figures but this is part of a post from JMS in answer to a 'rant' I'd posted complaining about the lack of advertising seen for TLT either before or after release:

Jan

Sounds like Good news to me. They wouldn't have released it and said there will be more if sales are good enough, unless they felt sales would be good enough. Since sales have been several magnitudes beyond expectation, that must mean sales have been stong enough to warrant more, yes?

At the risk of sounding pessimistic...maybe.

The second part of my 'rant' post was to the effect that I, for one, am sick of the timid 'let's just barely put something out and see if it sells' approach that WB has always taken in regard to B5 VHS tapes, DVD's and now Lost Tales. Which brings up the next step -- negotiating the deals and the budget for the next disk.

Both JMS and Doug Netter have stated publicly that there's going to have to be a pretty substantial increase in budget if there are going to be more of these done. I'm hoping they stick to their guns and try to get WB to greenlight blocks of the Lost Tales rather than one at a time. In the long run it'd probably save them some money in hiring for crew.

As JMS said, he'll let us know when he knows something.

Jan

At the risk of sounding pessimistic...maybe.

The second part of my 'rant' post was to the effect that I, for one, am sick of the timid 'let's just barely put something out and see if it sells' approach that WB has always taken in regard to B5 VHS tapes, DVD's and now Lost Tales. Which brings up the next step -- negotiating the deals and the budget for the next disk.

Both JMS and Doug Netter have stated publicly that there's going to have to be a pretty substantial increase in budget if there are going to be more of these done. I'm hoping they stick to their guns and try to get WB to greenlight blocks of the Lost Tales rather than one at a time. In the long run it'd probably save them some money in hiring for crew.

As JMS said, he'll let us know when he knows something.

Jan

Point well taken. If this had started before everything was destroyed, it would've been much easier, but, having to start from scratch with sets it definitely needs a greater budget.

Both JMS and Doug Netter have stated publicly that there's going to have to be a pretty substantial increase in budget if there are going to be more of these done.

Hey Jan, I've seen where JMS said this in the CGSociety article, but out of interest is there anywhere I can read Doug's words, or someone (yourself?) who heard him say it who can give me the gist?

Cheers

I'm pretty sure that Doug said something to that effect at the SDCC group panel. I don't quite remember if he was talking about future budgets or just commending JMS on pulling it off for the budget they had for this disk. I'll check the recording this evening. One of the Babylon Podcasts has Jeffrey Willerth interviewing Bruce, Tracy and Doug at the Best Buy event and he may have said something there, too.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back