• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WHV (UK) have done something right ... at last

Hi All,

Just thought R2 fans/DVD owners might like to know that I have just received a package from WHV containing a new Disk 5 for the S5 set, now including the full pre-credit sequence for The Fall of Centauri Prime on both the episode and the commentary.

So, if you haven't already been in touch to ask about this issue - the corrected disks are now available, so you should contact them asap.

Interestingly, the letter accompanying it also said "Disk 4 will also be sent to you as soon as it becomes available".

What was wrong with Disk 4? That one has obviously passed me by.

Cheers,

WHV (UK) have done something right ... at last.

Why do you UK people treat a company (a singular) as a plural?

WHV have??? :rolleyes:

WHV has.
The people of WHV have.

Argh!!! :rolleyes: First you drive on the wrong side of the road and now this! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Could we remind you who invented the language? :D It was fine until these damned colonials got their hands on it and started mis-using and mis-spelling it :devil:

Gee sorry, I forgot Americans have a monopoly on being right for a minute there.

So as not to upset the US Language Police, I'll just keep good news to myselves next time ...

:p

The word company is a group noun. Army is a second.

company - it; army - it
companies - they; armies - they.

There are plenty more e.g. school, mob, country etc.

Could we remind you who invented the language? :D It was fine until these damned colonials got their hands on it and started mis-using and mis-spelling it :devil:

Ah, I think you mean, perfecting it. :devil: :D :LOL:

Hmm, is that why New Yorkers say 'axe' instead of 'ask'? They're perfecting the language? :devil: :LOL:

Hi All,

Just thought R2 fans/DVD owners might like to know that I have just received a package from WHV containing a new Disk 5 for the S5 set, now including the full pre-credit sequence for The Fall of Centauri Prime on both the episode and the commentary.

So, if you haven't already been in touch to ask about this issue - the corrected disks are now available, so you should contact them asap.

Interestingly, the letter accompanying it also said "Disk 4 will also be sent to you as soon as it becomes available".

What was wrong with Disk 4? That one has obviously passed me by.

Cheers,

That's great. Do you have any contact details? I've tried searching, but they seem to be ex-directory.. As if they don't want to be contacted..

Surely WHV can be singular and plural? For example 'I have just contacted Warner Home Video. It has replaced my faulty disc' just sounds wrong.. I probably need to think about this..

Hmm, is that why New Yorkers say 'axe' instead of 'ask'? They're perfecting the language? :devil: :LOL:

No, that's less than lovingly known as " ebonics " Besides, you have your Cockneys, right?

I just wrote to the following address to outline my complaint:

Warner Home Video
Warner House
98 Theobold's Road
London
WC1X 8WB

I received absolutely nothing from them, not even an acknowledgement of my letter, until the new disk arrived in the mail yesterday. I still have the other, faulty, one in my possession.

Anyone able to shed any light on why they might want to send a replacement disk 4 as well?

Cheers,

Cool, thanks for posting the address.

Disc 4 is the one with 'Corps is Mother, Corps is Father', so perhaps they've replaced the opening credit sequence with the correct original version, featuring the psi-corps insignia and motto in place of the B5 logo (which appears on the back of the station in place of JMS' credit).

My use of the word 'Gee' was intended to be ironic.

I don't recall ever actually having used it in a conversation.

'Cool', on the other hand, I use all the time. I blame television!

:D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back