• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What ship would you chose to fly?

StarFury, definitely a StarFury...

something about the sheer maneuverability of that baby appeals to me... well, that and the rather impressive armaments...
smile.gif

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

Even though we have not seen in yet, there must be a cruiser version of the personal transport from DoFS, the one right at the end. I've gotta say, that it would have to pack a punch worthy of attention. Next it would definitley have to be an enhanced Warlock class destroyer.

[This message has been edited by Raptor (edited May 26, 2001).]

Refa... I did a quick search for a pic of the Hel'zha (there's a good one at http://members.tripod.com/~Vree_Saucer/helzha.html .

I think I'll take one of those too
smile.gif

BTW... just FYI... apparently VEX is scheduled to make a return later this year, in CD Rom form. Check their website for info.

Terann

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

[This message has been edited by Alyt Terann (edited May 27, 2001).]

A Vorlon Star Dreadnouht. One of the largest and most powerful vessels seen in the Vorlon navy, the "Star Dreadnought" was the predominant warship of the Vorlon Empire. This class of warship appeared to possess firepower equal to or greater than a standard Shadow Battle Crab. Evidence suggests that the Star Dreadnought could destroy its Shadow counterpart with a single blast. It is not the transport or the fighters, it's the "mothership", let's say.

------------------
Who are you?

No offense to anyone, but I find it kinda lame that so many people are trying to pick the "biggest, and baddest" ship in the entire series, cuz IMHO that's a little cheap, ok that's VERY cheap, but just my oppinion, cuz for some people I doubt they've even seen the ships they picked, just heard of them.

------------------
2 + 2 is not 4!! This is the kinda stuff that's gonna get you started on crazy ideas like freedom and democracy. Just say no! -- Stalin Wannabe :D

T bolt i spose mabe nail

when u consider it theres nothing better than a good dog figh n u only get em with fighter/small corvettes hehe
smile.gif

look at the bright side at least u die fast
wink.gif
"in a blaze of glory"

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprissioned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power goverments and tirants and armies Cannot stand... The centuri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

I think I'd have to go with the Thunderbolt.

It would have to be a fighter, in any case... I'd need to feel that I'm in control of the thing I'm flying and I don't think I could have that sense in anything bigger. Flying a destroyer or sth like that would be like driving a flying house. Big & clumsy. (That's just my personal opinion, of course.)

But I do like the G'Quan class heavy cruiser... perfect example how a ship can be both functionally built and beautiful. And those two front laser cannons with the red beams... whoah!
laugh.gif

I liked the Sharlin war cruiser too, though. The overall look of it, big and menacing. But I didn't really like the interiors. Had the same problem with WhiteStars - pretty on the outside, boring on the inside.

------------------
"You've misspelled this. There's no 'Y' in liberties."
"Oh, go away. Repress someone else."

Sure it may be a shameless plug cause I'm part of the project so THERE. Anyways, I'm working with a team of people and we're developing a conversion to bring the Babylon Universe to the Freespace 2 game. So if you're interested in flying a starfury, thunderbolt, or nial, I'd recommend looking our page up. You can head over to it right here. We haven't released anything yet, but we're looking at releasing a demo sometime next month with 4 missions taking the pilot through parts of the earth minbari war. Ok I'll stop by promotion now =)

------------------
Seether (The Babylon Project)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by solaris5:
No offense to anyone, but I find it kinda lame that so many people are trying to pick the "biggest, and baddest" ship in the entire series, cuz IMHO that's a little cheap, ok that's VERY cheap, but just my oppinion, cuz for some people I doubt they've even seen the ships they picked, just heard of them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find it funny when someone says "No offense" then proceeds to say something guaranteed to give offense... JMHO.
Why is it 'cheap' to pick the most powerful ship??? Maybe that's the kind of thing some people like. Personally I hate the Earth Ships, and if Earth had the most powerful baddest-assed ship in the galaxy I still wouldn't pick it. Maybe you'd be happier if we all picked garbage-scow-looking freighters.

again... just my humble opinion
Terann

------------------
Teeps rule; Mundanes get spaced

Revere the Founders
Obey the Vorta
And don't poke the Jem'Hadar

[This message has been edited by Alyt Terann (edited May 27, 2001).]

You asked "What ship would you chose to fly?"
I chose the Star dreadnought and now you came complaining. Don't ask if you will not respect thr opinions of others. But, hey, no offense...

------------------
Who are you?

I agree in that as the question was "What ship would you choose to fly?", everyone's free to choose whatever they like.

I mean, it's all just fantasy, a game - if someone dreams about flying the "biggest, baddest ship there is", well, go ahead!
laugh.gif

I personally prefer the smaller ones for the more personal feel but I understand those as well who'd want to try out a Shadow battlecrab or Vorlon dreadnought.

It's all a matter of taste, anyway. The huge and bulky Earth ships aren't "my cup of tea" but I've sort of got used to them (the fighters are much prettier!
smile.gif
) and can see why people would choose them, too.

Actually, I just remembered another ship... the one the raiders flew, triangular shape. I liked the look of them and perhaps would want to test one out.

------------------
"You've misspelled this. There's no 'Y' in liberties."
"Oh, go away. Repress someone else."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrawn:
Hey Gideonsmine

1)Yes It was Carrrie Dorbo in "Exogenisis" who would be Dureena Nafeel.

2)Yes that was Morden's voice you heard.
And all that it implies.

3)<phalic?> Man thats worse than the thread over at the SciFi B5 Bboard about how the station looks like a sex toy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said I was Angelic darlin'.

In fact I have a . . . . . nope, I ain't going there.

hehehehehehehe

told you i shouldn't have said it. LOLOLOL

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

The First ones ships! You gotta love those ships.

------------------

well i love the thunderbolts
they're fast and looking great
my opinion

------------------

A white Star. Total badass ship.

------------------

I really like the Omgea but its not hard enough,

So I'll go for the Shadow enhanced Omega-X.

------------------

i like the vorlon transpot. it's small,sleek, and deadly.it looks so cool, and izvery powerful. it i the coolest ship in the space
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"I am the state"
Napoleon

Back