• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade Airing Order

D

**DONOTDELETE**

This is my first time seeing Crusade. And based on what I've read I don't care for the airing order.

Shouldn't War Zone still have aired first. It may be a bad episode..but(once again from what I've read) continuity wise it should still be first.

And last week(I think on Thurs. epi) the costumes changed to black then back to grey and red.

And where's Lochley? She's advertised as being a regular cast member but still hasn't appeared. I think by this point on B5 all main cast members had appeared(except for maybe Na'Toth and Lennier.)

I suppose JMS had planned on having her in a much more expanded role in the second half of the season.

Maybe Scifi will produce some Crusade movies to tell at least a little of the story that should've been shown.

I feel like Crusade would've ended up being more like a B5 sequel than a spin-off...since the Shadow war was so important to B5 and Crusade is one of the results of that war.

Of course Crusade wouldn't have resolved the Drakh war since in 2278(???) the Drakh were still on Centauri prime.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

The SFC airing order is the way the story should have been played out - TNT messed up that order when they changed the uniforms from the original. The purpose of ignoring the uniform change is to show the way the character arcs should have been before TNT decided to butt in. Yes, this messes up a lot of continuity, but so does TNTs order.

In the TNT the episodes with the red/grey uniforms were shown last, with Appearances and Other Deceits explaining the changeover. The 14th episode To the Ends of the Earth would have had the crew return to the black uniforms after a "laundry accident."

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

I think Lochley will show up on Wednesday and next Monday. She's still the captain of B5, so it's hard for her to maintain a constant presence.

------------------
The innocent lie because they don't want to be blamed for something they didn't do and the guilty lie because they don't have any other choice.

Yeah..I was aware that had happened...I guess in the end there's no perfect way to air the episodes...but I still don't understand why War Zone is placed so far at the end. I think it'd be better to not air it at all than air it so far down in the run.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vir Cotto:
Yeah..I was aware that had happened...I guess in the end there's no perfect way to air the episodes...but I still don't understand why War Zone is placed so far at the end. I think it'd be better to not air it at all than air it so far down in the run.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WarZone was probably put at the end because scifi isn't allowed to throw it into the trash can.

The first one Scifi aired was intended to be the first one shown.

Scifi is doing its best to repair what TNT did to both the filming and airing order. There is no logical airing order possible now.

Don't try to figure out TNT logic. Doing so could lead to nausea, vomiting, migraines, and hair loss.
wink.gif

Jen (the other one)

------------------

Eclipse man...you made it! ::smiles from ear to ear::

Now just to get Ethne here too! BWaahaahaaa!

------------------
"I have no surviving enemies.....At all." Galen.

Galen Mage!!! *hugs* and *schtuff* ... how ya doin? Nice to see ya in this neck of the woods. Where's your twin? (looking around, Q's son in hand)

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

Could someone list the Episodes in the order in which TNT originally aired them? I want to compare them with the order in which they are airing now.

Thanks

------------------

Since Warzone is being shown instead of destroyed I think real life concerns took precedence over story for this one episode. People who have not seen Crusade before are likely to make a judgement on the series based on the first episode they see. If someone tuned into the scifi run and started by watching Warzone they would be more likely not to watch the rest. Not showing Warzone until the end probably helped ratings which adds to the possibility of it being revived. Warzone was put where it could do the least damage.

------------------
Bus
"Yes, he is handsome in an ugly sort of way."-Homer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by milyo:
Could someone list the Episodes in the order in which TNT originally aired them? I want to compare them with the order in which they are airing now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have a list, but check at www.midwinter.com/lurk , under Episode Guide. I know they (Lurker's) has a list.

les

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>"What's your reason for putting War Zone next to last?"

'Cause it's dumb and I never much liked it...?

jms
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Back