• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS at SDCC - the news

Re: Latest Update from JMS

I just stumbled upon this forum and this news and I am quite thrilled with it. Yes, I am the newbie...so feel free to ignore me :p

I would suggest something with Bester but JMS already made that 5th season episode from Bester's perspective so I am not sure that would be a choice.

However, a day in the life of Mr. Morden might be interesting. With rare exceptions, we only saw him when he was talking to Londo.

I have no proof for it but I have a weird hunch that it will include either a Lennier or a Vir piece...most likely set after the television show. Since it looks like there may be more than one DVD, I would have to think JMS had to address these two at some point.

For some of the reasons stated above, I do not really think we would see a David Sheridan episode. To B5 fans, he is just a name at the moment. We do not really have any attachment to the character, other than his connection to Delenn and Sherian. If JMS does include him, then the focus would probably remain on Sheridan and Delenn while David would be more tangental.

Indeed, welcome LD. It's always good to have more to share their thoughts and perspectives and joy of B5 (and other things).

I agree, if the focus-characters of these minis aren't main cast members, then they'll be big reoccurring characters like Bester and Morden.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Nice Garibaldi reference in your nick also. :)

It is also a baseball reference as I have been a Dodger fan since I was about 4 or 5. The line always made me laugh since I can sometimes see myself saying the same thing when the team is struggling.

*jumps behind a wall to hide from any Giants, Padres, Rockies, or Diamondbacks fans that might frequent the forum*

Adventures from Beyond the Rim, starring Sheridan, Lorien, The Vorlon, Shadows and the rest of the lovable gang of Old Ones!!! :D

I personally think that the planned but never filmed "Very Long Night of Susan Ivanova" might be making an appearance, or perhaps the follow-on to Harlan Ellison's famous Twilight Zone episode, "Demon With a Glass Hand," that they always wanted to do.

However, a Morden ep. would be cool beyond words.

<memo to self: Get that danged transcript finished!>

Re: the Ivanova story...A fan asked JMS if we might see Ivanova in B5:TLT and his only response was "Who can say?"

Re: Harlan...Another fan asked about whether Harlan might write something (probably referring to the "Demon" sequel) and JMS responded that for now at least, he'll be the only writer. Possibly down the road, but not for a while.

Jan

I personally think that the planned but never filmed "Very Long Night of Susan Ivanova" might be making an appearance

The synopsis for that story appears in one of the script books. I don't think it ever made it to the script stage.

I'll have to check it to refresh my memory, but my impression was that part of the story got used elsewhere, while the rest of it was rendered irrevelant by other events. In fact I think the basic notion was that Sherican forces Ivanova to finally take some time off - making an order of it - and she manages to get into so much trouble on her "free" day that she's relieved to get back to work. Sound familiar? JMS basically reversed Sheridan and Susan's roles and used it as part of a later episode, while recycling the title (along with part of the plot for an unfilmed G'Kar episode) into an S5 Londo story.

Regards,

Joe

Back