• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Book of Boba (will contain spoilers upon airing)

Sinclair

Anyone else going to be watching The Book of Boba?

While he's definitely not in the tops of my favorite Star Wars characters (I just personally always thought he was over-hyped), I'm interested to see what arc he's going to take. The whole Jabba's palace scenes were some of my favorites and I'm hoping to see some old faces in there. I'll be curious how his escape from the Sarlacc is explained.

EPISODE ONE

Well I was impressed. Not the greatest thing ever, but really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great intro. Can't wait for the next episode.

I thought it was alright, nothing spectacular. It's only going to be seven episodes, so I'm not sure how everything will shape up and what the main storyline will be. I'm guessing we'll be getting flashbacks in basically every episode.

I thought it was alright, nothing spectacular. It's only going to be seven episodes, so I'm not sure how everything will shape up and what the main storyline will be. I'm guessing we'll be getting flashbacks in basically every episode.

Yeah it didn't knock me on the floor, but I felt it did the necessary job of setting things up. I will say that as I watched and they added the flashbacks I couldn't help but think of how it all related to the Boba that was offered in THE CLONE WARS series.

When watching The Mandalorian, it always felt like you were watching for longer than the 40 some minutes of the episode. Didn't feel that in this first episode of the Book of Boba, but I'm sure that'll change in the subsequent episodes.

Very torn after the first two episodes. I am enjoying it, but to this point it seems VERY uninspired - unless one assumes Western cliches is a proper inspiration. Obviously with THE MANDALORAIN and THE BOOK OF BOBA we have evidence that these Star Wars series will lean heavily on the Western inspiration in Star Wars, but so far in BOBA it is not inspiring me to think this show will be great. But like I said, I am enjoying it. :)

I've read a lot of complaints on the web about how the show is progressing and some aspects such as the Mods biker gang. I'm still liking it, but I'm by no means super impressed with it. These last two episodes however have been fantastic. Sadly Boba wasn't even in the last one and only appeared briefly in this most recent one, and had no dialogue at that.

I've read a lot of complaints on the web about how the show is progressing and some aspects such as the Mods biker gang. I'm still liking it, but I'm by no means super impressed with it. These last two episodes however have been fantastic. Sadly Boba wasn't even in the last one and only appeared briefly in this most recent one, and had no dialogue at that.

Personally, quite enjoying 'Book of Mando' :LOL:

I must admit that CGI Luke just looked weird and wooden. They should just let the actor do it without the CGI face alterations, viewers can suspend disbelief. The actor looks a lot like Hamill anyway.

The Mod biker gang was the most George Lucas thing ever, and people moaning about it really need to stop and think about American Graffiti and the 50s diner in the prequels.

I also like the added depth to the sand people and enjoyed the mini arc with them and Boba. Some of the mid season episodes were dull and slow, and all of nothing happened.

Last edited:
The finale more than made up for the lack of Boba in the last couple of episodes. And the inclusion of Cad Bane way more than made up for it. Very cool revelations, and possibilities for the future of the Mandoverse. Not only for the eventual season 3 of Mando, but the Ahsoka series and eventual Rangers of the New Republic series which is still in the works AFAIK. Just likely no longer with Gina Carano's character at the forefront.

The finale more than made up for the lack of Boba in the last couple of episodes. And the inclusion of Cad Bane way more than made up for it. Very cool revelations, and possibilities for the future of the Mandoverse. Not only for the eventual season 3 of Mando, but the Ahsoka series and eventual Rangers of the New Republic series which is still in the works AFAIK. Just likely no longer with Gina Carano's character at the forefront.

Most positive spin I've heard. Not that I had a negative reaction to it, but everyone I know was very "Meh" on the whole series - but for the Mandalorian segments.

Latest posts

Members online

Back