• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

No "Rangers," But New "Quantum Leap" at Sci-Fi??

Re: No \"Rangers,\" But New \"Quantum Leap\" at Sci-Fi

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by LondosHair: </font color>
Yeah, but..... it's still Tremors. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

[/quote]

Yeah, Tremors without Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward, Reba McEntire, or Finn Carter.

give us aliens, give us all of these otherworldly things and put them on the air and we?ll watch, especially if they?re action-based

[/quote]

wouldn't that somewhat cover B5?

Does everyone have collective memory loss or something?

Do you not remember JMS saying that part of the problem with selling Rangers was that it wasn't owned by the same company that owns SciFi and that there were big issues about the cost of the show?

Business issues explain most of what is going on in TV programming in America and they explain most of these announcements.

SavantB5 wrote: "Do you not remember JMS saying that part of the problem with selling Rangers was that it wasn't owned by the same company that owns SciFi and that there were big issues about the cost of the show?"

Sure about the first part? I thought Rangers was a Scifi Channel production and owned by them. No problem with the second part.

I think Rangers is owned by WB, same as all other B5 stuff.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by GShans: </font color>
wouldn't that somewhat cover B5?

[/quote]

Yes, but you're quoting Leto II quoting Bonnie Hammer, not me. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Do you expect her to actually understand what she's saying? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/devil.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by SavantB5: </font color>
Does everyone have collective memory loss or something?

Do you not remember JMS saying that part of the problem with selling Rangers was that it wasn't owned by the same company that owns SciFi and that there were big issues about the cost of the show?

[/quote]

So Farscape and SG-1 are within the company?

I guess, unless Warner Brothers creates a sci-fi channel, then no WB-owned sci-fi show has a future?

As aggravating as it is to admit it, there must be proven financial reasons for the SciFi channel to be reinventing itself. It may not be the kind of sense we want them to make; and for us, this is terribly sad.

Still, I don't think a Friday night of The Dead Zone, Stargate SG-1, and Farscape is so terrible.

So Farscape and SG-1 are within the company?

I guess, unless Warner Brothers creates a sci-fi channel, then no WB-owned sci-fi show has a future?

[/quote]

Or consolidated media companies will be considered a very bad idea.

Ever so often a magazine publisher would buy a papermaking factory. The plant would be considered to be very efficient, until the magazine was printed using a different page size. The media industry will probably go the same way.

Most CD and VHS shops sell films from all the studios. With over 60 channels, I suspect that the broadcasters will have to go the same way. Unless the USA suddenly acquires 60 large studios.

Speaking of Stargate (which used to be one of my favorite shows) I've noticed a real drop in quality since its move to Sci-fi.... it seems like the sets are cheaper, the stories are flimsier...etc.-- maybe its just me. I really don't know what happened with me and Farscape, but I went from watching it religiously to sparadically to not at all. The only show I watch at all now is ST:TOS.

Who knows, maybe they'll have bona-fide hits in Quantum Leap and Tremors, but I seriously doubt it. I'm a science fiction nut and I'm almost ashamed to have the channel on when company comes over. This channel is a joke.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by PsionTen: </font color>
I really don't know what happened with me and Farscape, but I went from watching it religiously to sporadically to not at all.

[/quote]

Same here, although I watched Farscape yesterday (because Aeryn was back). Didn't see all of it because I was repulsed by John Edwards commercials, and changed the channel.

The only show I watch at all now is ST:TOS.

[/quote]

On Sci-Fi, the only show I'll watch beginning to end, guaranteed, is B5.

I'm a science fiction nut and I'm almost ashamed to have the channel on when company comes over. This channel is a joke.

[/quote]

True. And tomorrow, during the 10 hour "Crossing Over" marathon, I won't be anywhere near Sci-Fi. I change channels whenever I see him, and cut his only his commercials, if I'm taping.

Sci-Fi is having a whole day of Edwards? Yee gads! /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif I'll have to block out the channel for a day, I suppose.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by hypatia: </font color>
Sci-Fi is having a whole day of Edwards? Yee gads! /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

[/quote]

Yes, and the very thought of it is reacting badly with what I had for breakfast. Remember the sound G'Kar's stomach made when he concentrated on last night's supper?
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Hypatia wrote: "Sci-Fi is having a whole day of Edwards? Yee gads! I'll have to block out the channel for a day, I suppose."

The only programs I watch on Scifi nowadays are SG-1, Farscape and an occasional movie I haven't seen before. As for Edwards, he makes me sick because he uses simple interrogation techniques to pump the subject and then feeds what he leard back to them, making them think they are receiving word from a dead loved one. That, to me, is lowest of the low.

And Sci-Fi just loves him. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Agreed, Gangster and KoshN.

Kraig, those are terrific! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Where do people get this stuff, anyway?

Hypatia wrote: "I prefer to believe the Amazing Randi over John Edward."

I don't believe any of them. But, unfortunately, KoshN has it right -- Scifi loves him even if he is nothing more than a highly successful con artist and since a sucker is born every day, Scifi is happy to jump on the bandwagon.

First I was confused with Kribu, and now with Kraig.

Oh no. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I can feel myself losing my identiy AS WE SPEAK! ***AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH***

It must have to do with names starting with the letter "K" /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif As to how this gets confused with Hypatia I don't know. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Back