• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOTR

It seems pretty clear Legend of the Rangers is what is being referred to.

It's a good question. There was speculation on this very point before we all knew Rangers was a dead project.

Some people believed that The Hand would be taken care of fairly quickly. That would be the easiest way to make sure you aren't ripping off your own earlier work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IIRC JMS said that the Rangers would be more about how they influence things behind the scenes. So perhaps there wouldn't need to be this central war bringing "our folks" into the thick of things. The war did effectively put B5 in the middle of the most important battle of the millennia.

I think it could have been very interesting to see a more "behind the scenes" approach in a B5 universe.

But we'll never know now what JMS had in mind. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Such is life. As someone in another thread said (quote from Grouch Marx) "Television is very educational. Whenever someone turns one on, I leave the room and read a book."

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I might detest the current selection of sci-fi on t.v. these days, but I do have to admit, it has inspired me to watch more movies, listen to more audible.com, and read more science fiction. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So there is an up side to it, I suppose. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Well, since the Hand was supposed to be older than the Shadows, you would think that they would be more powerful. I remember Kafta telling Martel something about them making the Shadows look like nothing. Then again, that could have been a threat to try and scare Martel.

But if they are still trying to find their way back to our space and they are using "minions" to do it, their threat may not have been on par with the threat of the Shadows.

Yea, I don't know of course. But I do remember speculation about this was being talked about when Rangers had just aired.

But now we'll never know, will we? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks to "Tremors" and other quality shows that the Sci-Fi channel has dedicated itself to. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The thing is I always had a feeling that the Hand were a sham made up by Kafta's race. I mean we have no evidence of their existence except for what Kafta says.

I can't tell you my theory on the Hand because I'm including it in Redux.

Yes, that was shameless.

Um, warning - I will be transferring this thread to Rangers when I get home from where I'm going right now.

Well, G'Kar did tell Martel that they found evidence of a doorway to another space in an ancient city that was supposedly millions of years old. They suspected the Hand was from that city, but I don't remember how.

Yeah, I think Kafta did say a million years old. Btw, look at the wurt thread and you'll see my opinion on the Hand.

I don't remember what Kafta said but G'Kar definitely said "billions" of years, about the city they found.

Waaaa. And we'll never know for sure what the mystery was. *weeps* /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Good luck with "Redux." It's currently running 24 pages at Times New Roman ten point font with no page breaks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Millions, billions, who's counting? The city's still old. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

When I look at my lotr-avi copy I "see" a connection beetween The Hand and the Thirdspace aliens. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back